Sounds pretty cliche and unoriginal anyway....

Care to give him some original ideas then...

i proposed to my wife via huskerboard.

Did you guys break up via HBoard too? Or was HuskerJen's ban merely coincidental ;)

i really wish i was here for the huskerjen era, although she sounds like a real charmer, could have swooned me away from my wife.

Did you guys break up via HBoard too? Or was HuskerJen's ban merely coincidental ;)

i really wish i was here for the huskerjen era, although she sounds like a real charmer, could have swooned me away from my wife.

HuskerJen was nice, but if you got on her bad side in a thread she would let you have it to no end... sounds like a lot of women I know.

Sorry, but it won't happen. HuskerVision does not accept on-screen message requests at all.

He hit it right on the head. No personal messages of any kind.

Also, not to be mean, but I have had this discussion with a lot of women, including my own wife. All agree that proposing during a game is always a bad idea, and unromantic.

Good luck with your engagement though! It's an awesome thing! Don't listen to the marriage haters, because they are literally everywhere.

I would boo.

Wow you guys are rude. This guy is planing to ask one of the most scariest/nervous questions in his entire life and you act like that. I didn't think I would be nervous when I asked my wife in her hand in marriage but I was so nervous that I drank her two glasses of wine and my two glasses, took 2 potty breaks within 2-3 minutes before asking and also ate her salad......and I hate salads.

Good luck on the proposal but just make sure she'll like the proposal and that its not going to embarrass her. Girls are always dreaming about the perfect proposal. Lets hope that if you do it at Memorial Stadium at a game that it doesn't end up like this guy.......

WOW!! super f'd up............. I don't feel so bad.

Poor guy.......

Anyhow, those public proposals are not cool. If you want to make it in conjunction with a Husker game, just act like it's a normal day, then turn around (either at the stadium or at a bar, etc....) and pop the question.

Propose at the tailgate! Come up with some thing that incorporates the tailgate and your love for her.

Makes it an intimate setting, sort of, and could be very special. Either way you go, if she loves you, really loves you, the proposal won't matter so much but try to make it special and add some romance if you can so you both remember it as one of the happiest days of your new life together. Good luck and GO BIG RED!!!!!!!

koolaid2.gif

If you go by the mail order system, you don't even have to ask.

Cough Cough***, Admins, can we please get a mail order bride section? Perhaps in the Classifieds?

your dangly bits...you'd have to lose them, and get boobs. and hormone injections.

I would boo.

Wow you guys are rude. This guy is planing to ask one of the most scariest/nervous questions in his entire life and you act like that. I didn't think I would be nervous when I asked my wife in her hand in marriage but I was so nervous that I drank her two glasses of wine and my two glasses, took 2 potty breaks within 2-3 minutes before asking and also ate her salad......and I hate salads.

Good luck on the proposal but just make sure she'll like the proposal and that its not going to embarrass her. Girls are always dreaming about the perfect proposal. Lets hope that if you do it at Memorial Stadium at a game that it doesn't end up like this guy.......

How did I just know, as soon as I posted, that the great HuskerJock would have to admonish me for making a joke. So you're telling me that the "perfect proposal" is drinking all of your now wife's booze and eating her food? Ok. Does anyone care? Nope.

Anyways, not really cool to put someone on the spot like that. If you want to do something like that, I would suggest doing it like the guy (can't remember who it was for the life of me) who asked her to come to the stadium after practice someday or something like that. When she got there, I think all of her friends and family were there and then the guy proposed. Great because you still get the stadium experience with a more intimate setting.

I proposed this time last year and let me tell you from experience. Make sure you have a drink before hand, it makes it a little easier to do. I did mine down by the lake at Conagra Park near Old Market. I knew that she loved that area and going down there wouldn't be giving it away that I was about to propose. What ever you do, do something that she can brag to her friends about.