Top 6 receivers

Coach Gilmore says he plans on playing up to 6 receivers when its all said and done.

My question is: Who are are top 6? and Rank them 1-6

1.Niles Paul

2.Brandon Kinnie

3.Mike McNeil(may switch back and forth between WR and TE)

4.Khiry Cooper

5.Curenski Gilleylen

6.Quincy Enunwa

Ive also heard good things from Juco transfer Stanley Jean Baptiste and Will Henry.

Thats my list, what yours?

1. Niles Paul. Dude is a stud.

2. Brandon Kinnie I could see him maybe overtaking Niles as our goto guy.

3. Curenski Gilleylen. Gets bumped lower is he still drops balls.

4. Will Henry. 6’5” height for corner fades.

5. Khiry Cooper. Baseball distractions.

6. Mike McNeil. What is he now, a small TE or a slow WR? Bad move to move him.

OR 6. Quincy Enunwa. Can’t remember many true frosh WRs getting PT.

1. Niles Paul - no question

2. Brandon Kinnie - He's #2 until someone shows they can displace him

3. Mike McNeil - I think he's going to be utilized in more of a hybrid role, so it's hard to put him on this list. I see him as being a separate piece of the offense.

4. Cure Gills - All the talent but none of the production so far, and a bad bowl game burning in his memory...sort of like Niles entering his junior year. Time to step it up!

5. Khiry Cooper - Making the strides. Excited to see him produce.

6. Quincy Enunwa - If they're serious about playing him already, it must be a good sign.

7. Stanley Jean-Baptiste - JUCO receiver without redshirt year figures to get his looks. I made this list 7 because of McNeil.

I'm guessing Gilmore means 6 receivers in the regular rotation so I figure these are it. People have been excited over Henry's 6'5 or 6'6 height for the longest time...but he was that tall when he got here. I don't know if there's any indication that he will be able to jump onto the list, but it is his last hurrah, so let's hope he gets to showcase his height at least once this year, probably in an early garbage time game.

McNeil will be out wide on the outside? I was under the impression that he'd be working out of the slot. Able to provide a big body as a blocking presence as if he were a 2nd TE, if needed, or go out for routes. You could be right though. We'll see how he gets used.

Sorry, I was typing too quick when I said slit out wide. I'd be surprised to see him in a TE spot. He wasn't even a goal line TE last year, so that should tell you something about his blocking skills. I think the move out to slot or "joker" is to utilize his speed against LB's and his blocking on LBs/DBs. He isn't too effective blocking against DL.

I agree with that, but I don't think he's your typical slot WR - the fast, quick-footed, agile type. So being used as a receiving option in the slot to exploit LB matchups makes it seem like it's more of a receiving TE role than your typical slot WR, that has to beat the slot CB on the other side.

I guess what I mean is, if Niles goes down, somebody steps into his spot, same with Kinnie, or a true slot WR. If McNeil goes down, his particular role in the offense goes away and we utilize that spot differently. Whereas Niles or Kinnie may step out for a breather or injury and get replaced, I think McNeil will occupy his own little niche in the offense.

I think McNeil is our best receiver. The entire reason they moved him to the slot is to get him the ball more as well as create possible mismatches. I guess I'd put Paul second with Brandon Kinnie a very close 3rd. I hope to see Kinnie and McNeil get the ball more this year and since Paul is our fastest receiver and the guy who got the most balls thrown his way last year I think teams will be keying more on him this year so you're going to see some other guys possibly get the ball more.

I don't know enough about the last 3 to rank them.

1. Niles Paul - no question

2. Brandon Kinnie - He's #2 until someone shows they can displace him

3. Mike McNeil - I think he's going to be utilized in more of a hybrid role, so it's hard to put him on this list. I see him as being a separate piece of the offense.

4. Cure Gills - All the talent but none of the production so far, and a bad bowl game burning in his memory...sort of like Niles entering his junior year. Time to step it up!

5. Khiry Cooper - Making the strides. Excited to see him produce.

6. Quincy Enunwa - If they're serious about playing him already, it must be a good sign.

7. Stanley Jean-Baptiste - JUCO receiver without redshirt year figures to get his looks. I made this list 7 because of McNeil.

Good call on Baptiste, especially since no option to take RS year.

I'm guessing Gilmore means 6 receivers in the regular rotation so I figure these are it. People have been excited over Henry's 6'5 or 6'6 height for the longest time...but he was that tall when he got here. I don't know if there's any indication that he will be able to jump onto the list, but it is his last hurrah, so let's hope he gets to showcase his height at least once this year, probably in an early garbage time game.

I've been fawning over WH for, well, since we signed him. And he's done nada so far. But THIS could be the year he SHINES!!