2011 Big 10(+2) Schedule

I would think recruiting just got a whole lot easier. They ought to have a bunch of not only regional, but nationally televised games next year and the year after. The schedule is ridiculously tough but it gives em a chance to earn everybody's respect and no one is going to run away with the division because all the good teams are on the schedule.

I am so excited to have Nebraska come to the Horseshoe in two years...I most definitely will be there in person! I wish I could make the trip to Lincoln next year. Maybe the tOSU v Nebraska game might turn into a cross conference rivalry? Never know, I know logistically, it might not work, but again, you never can tell.

How many of you think you will make the trip to Columbus in two years?

I am so excited to have Nebraska come to the Horseshoe in two years...I most definitely will be there in person! I wish I could make the trip to Lincoln next year. Maybe the tOSU v Nebraska game might turn into a cross conference rivalry? Never know, I know logistically, it might not work, but again, you never can tell.

enough. might want to consider expansion.

Phil Steele's top 3 toughest schedules in 2010 is Iowa St, South Carolina and UCLA.

ISU

vs Northern IL

at Iowa

vs KSU (in Kansas City)

vs Northern IA

vs Texas Tech

vs Utah

at Oklahoma

at Texas

vs Kansas

vs Nebraska

at CU

vs Mizzou

SCU

vs Southern Miss

vs Georgia

vs Furman

at Auburn

vs Bama

at Kentucky

at Vandy

vs Tenn

vs Arkansas

at Florida

vs Troy

at Clemson

UCLA

at Kansas St

vs Stanford

vs Houston

at Texas

vs Wash St

at Cal

at Oregon

vs AZ

vs OR St

at Wash

at ASU

vs USC

I don't know about the rest of you, but IMO those schedules are cake compared to what we'll have on our plates in 2011 and 2012. According to Mr. Steele, who's been providing this strength of schedule ranking for several years, there are only 2 Big 10 teams in the top 20 this season (Minnesota at #5 and Penn st at #16). Something tells me that's gonna change big time with the onset of the new Big 10. No doubt the SoS is gonna play a huge part in putting the Big 10's best in the BCS race.

If we were playing our 2011 schedule this year, this is how Sagarin would rank our SOS:

Team	       H/A	Rank	FAV
Fresno St	H	70.65	14.85 
Washington	H	70.69	14.81 
Wyoming	        A	64.28	15.22 
Wisconsin	A	79.66	(0.16)
Ohio State	H	89.27	(3.77)
Minnesota	A	70.39	9.11 
Michigan State	H	75.70	9.80 
Northwestern	H	71.50	14.00 
Penn State	A	86.40	(6.90)
Michigan	A	73.83	5.67 
Iowa	        H	82.20	3.30 

A positive number in the FAV column means NU should be favored to win the game. The higher the number, the more likely we are to win. Nebraska's rank, according to Sagarin, is 82.50, good for 16th in the country in the preseason. We would be favored in every game, including at Michigan, with the exception of @Wisconsin (although that would essentially be a toss-up), @OSU, and @Penn State. We're essentially even with Iowa, but we get that three-point bump for playing at home. Essentially it's a toss-up, too.

Better tighten your chinstraps, lads. Next year is shaping up to be a rough go.

NOTE - We currently only have six home games scheduled. Look for that to change, since our Athletic Dept. needs seven home games for its budget.

• Fire 2

If we were playing our 2011 schedule this year, this is how Sagarin would rank our SOS:

Team	       H/A	Rank	FAV
Fresno St	H	70.65	14.85 
Washington	H	70.69	14.81 
Wyoming	        A	64.28	15.22 
Wisconsin	A	79.66	(0.16)
Ohio State	H	89.27	(3.77)
Minnesota	A	70.39	9.11 
Michigan State	H	75.70	9.80 
Northwestern	H	71.50	14.00 
Penn State	A	86.40	(6.90)
Michigan	A	73.83	5.67 
Iowa	        H	82.20	3.30 

A positive number in the FAV column means NU should be favored to win the game. The higher the number, the more likely we are to win. Nebraska's rank, according to Sagarin, is 82.50, good for 16th in the country in the preseason. We would be favored in every game, including at Michigan, with the exception of @Wisconsin (although that would essentially be a toss-up), @OSU, and @Penn State. We're essentially even with Iowa, but we get that three-point bump for playing at home. Essentially it's a toss-up, too.

Better tighten your chinstraps, lads. Next year is shaping up to be a rough go.

NOTE - We currently only have six home games scheduled. Look for that to change, since our Athletic Dept. needs seven home games for its budget.

fortunately, our defense should be five times better next year.

What a schedule the first two years. Seems like the Big 10 doesn't want Nebraska to come in and win the conference the first couple years. Well we could but is gonna be pretty dang tough. I am still really excited for the move and to start playng Michigan, Penn State every year and Ohio State every few years.

Talk about tough schedules ... if the B10 does go to the 9 game conference schedule. Right now, with the committments that MSU has, their 2016 schedule looks like:

@USF, @ND, Bama + 9 game conf schedule :o :o :o

Sparty got IU replacing Penn St as a 'permanant rival' You came out well ahead in the schedule changes, but I predict that you will suddenly schedule impromptu top teams just when everyone think you have the BCS locked up.

enough. might want to consider helmets and flak jackets.

:LOLtartar

Can't wait to see NU come to Camp Randall Sept 1st to play Bucky!

It was fun to see Penn St. and Joe Pa 15+ years ago...

So Husker Fan...are there any fun/diehard/true season-ticket holders looking to swap 2 seats in Madison in 2011 for 2012 in Memorial Stadium?

My wife and I have 4 seats...could part with those next to us for reciprocal the following season...

I'll check by now and then and see if there are any good responses/interest...

Welcome to the Big Ten...

Can't wait to see NU come to Camp Randall Sept 1st to play Bucky!

It was fun to see Penn St. and Joe Pa 15+ years ago...

So Husker Fan...are there any fun/diehard/true season-ticket holders looking to swap 2 seats in Madison in 2011 for 2012 in Memorial Stadium?

My wife and I have 4 seats...could part with those next to us for reciprocal the following season...

I'll check by now and then and see if there are any good responses/interest...

Welcome to the Big Ten...

Welcome to the board!!!! I wish I had more than 2 tickets because I would love to go to Camp Randal for the Huskers first Big 10 game.