Husker Mount Rushmore

EZ-E

Just put Taylor Martinez up there four times. :koolaid2:<_<:leghump:

Unless this thing has Dave Rimington on it, it would be a complete joke. He has a national award named after him.

The only player ever to win the Outland Trophy in consecutive years (1981 and 1982), Dave Rimington is one of the most decorated offensive linemen in college football history.

The 6-foot-3, 290-pound center was a two-time first-team All-American in 1981 and 1982 and is one of just 13 Huskers to have his jersey retired. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1997, while his No. 50 jersey was retired by Nebraska in 1982.

A three-time first-team All-Big Eight choice from 1980 to 1982, Rimington was named the Big Eight Offensive Player of the Year in 1981, marking the only time in conference history that a lineman has earned the prestigious honor. During his career, the Omaha South grad helped the Huskers win back-to-back Big Eight titles in 1981 and 1982, as Nebraska led the nation in rushing during his senior season.

A four-year letterman and three-year starter, Rimington was named team captain and capped his senior season by winning the 1982 Lombardi Award. Also, a two-time first-team academic All-American, Rimington was honored by the NCAA as a Top-Five Student-Athlete and was selected as a National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete in 1982. He was also a three-time first-team academic All-Big Eight choice from 1980 to 1982. In 1999, he was selected to the Walter Camp All-Century team.

Washington

Jefferson

Roosevelt

Lincoln

All wearing Husker helmets and throwing the bones!!!

Yeah, with an upside-down Lil Red as a blimp tethered to the mountain.

This thread is hilarious. :)

And a smaller callahan as well. Gotta have something for the pigeons to poop on

yes, yes, I like it!!!! A statue of Cosgrove at the entrance letting everyone drive right on by.

Just put Taylor Martinez up there four times. :koolaid2:<_<:leghump:

Unless this thing has Dave Rimington on it, it would be a complete joke. He has a national award named after him.

The only player ever to win the Outland Trophy in consecutive years (1981 and 1982), Dave Rimington is one of the most decorated offensive linemen in college football history.

The 6-foot-3, 290-pound center was a two-time first-team All-American in 1981 and 1982 and is one of just 13 Huskers to have his jersey retired. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1997, while his No. 50 jersey was retired by Nebraska in 1982.

A three-time first-team All-Big Eight choice from 1980 to 1982, Rimington was named the Big Eight Offensive Player of the Year in 1981, marking the only time in conference history that a lineman has earned the prestigious honor. During his career, the Omaha South grad helped the Huskers win back-to-back Big Eight titles in 1981 and 1982, as Nebraska led the nation in rushing during his senior season.

A four-year letterman and three-year starter, Rimington was named team captain and capped his senior season by winning the 1982 Lombardi Award. Also, a two-time first-team academic All-American, Rimington was honored by the NCAA as a Top-Five Student-Athlete and was selected as a National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete in 1982. He was also a three-time first-team academic All-Big Eight choice from 1980 to 1982. In 1999, he was selected to the Walter Camp All-Century team.

And it should include Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!

I saw this topic come up on Sports Sound off awhile ago. Jason Peter was trying to put himself on there :facepalm: . Here are my thoughts.

Bob Devaney - This man built this program and set the standard very high. He is the reason that there have always been high expectations here at Nebraska.

Tom Osborne - I don't think I need to say more.

Bo Pelini - I know he has not done anything quite yet, but I am this confident in this man that I will throw him up there with the other two.

N. Suh - You can argue all that you want that there have been players better than him, even that there may be players later that will be better than he was, but this young man bridged a gap between two eras in NU football. Our rise back to the top and back to CFB relevence would not have been as quick and as smooth if it weren't for this young man.

When talking about a Husker Mount Rushmore you have to think that the four most important people ever in the history of Husker football have to go up there. That excludes a lot of past great players no disrespect whatsoever to them.

I was thinking about calling in right after Jason Peter put himself up there and saying what is above. The four most important people of all time in husker football would not include you Jason. On a side note, Jason Peter is one very jealous man. I don't like listening to him at all.

You should have called in and confronted him cause I would have laughed my ass off watching him rip you a new one!  I am a loyal viewer of "Soundoff" and he was CLEARLY joking and having fun with saying he belonged on this so called Mt. Rushmore.  That's me also saying that he has had as much value and importance to this program as any of the names that were being mentioned.  It's a shame that my first post had to be "righting a wrong" but this is the stuff that has made me so reluctant to participate on these boards.  Get your facts straight before you make such statements, once you put it out there who knows how many people come along and read it before someone like myself comes along and sets the record straight.  It's been a while since that show but if I recall 55 chose "The Bobfather, Dr. Tom, Tommie Frazier and his former roommate and best bud Grant Wistrom" as the 4 members of Nebraska's Rushmore.  There was the debate between Wistrom and Suh and 55 made a pretty compelling case for why its Wistrom and why he thought it's not even debatable.  He acknowledged Suh's dominance as a senior but said to try and compare to a guy who was a 2x Academic and Athletic All-American was laughable.  Oh yeah, he also has 3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP rings.  And why do you accuse 55 of being a jealous man? Seems to be a very passionate man but the guy is one of the all-time greats at Nebraska, he also has 3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP rings to go along with all the individual accolades as well.  He's written a Bestselling book, he seems to love 2 his role in the media and from where I'm standing he's one of the few that tells it like it IS! For a kid that isn't from this state, to see his passion for this program makes me understand why he has 3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP rings and why this program is considered one of the best.  He doesn't drink the "kool-aid" and why should he? We haven't done a darn thing yet under this staff. Furthermore when I see Bo do his post game pressers and he's about to lose his head because the "standard" isn't being met, it makes me realize that the so called "jealously" that comes from 55's mouth is pretty darn accurate.  I've made my point.  Sorry my first post is basically calling out another board member but I can't stand it when people think its not a big deal or it doesn't have a big impact when they put that keyboard in front of them.  Once you put it out there...... 

I saw this topic come up on Sports Sound off awhile ago. Jason Peter was trying to put himself on there :facepalm: . Here are my thoughts.

Bob Devaney - This man built this program and set the standard very high. He is the reason that there have always been high expectations here at Nebraska.

Bo Pelini - I know he has not done anything quite yet, but I am this confident in this man that I will throw him up there with the other two.

N. Suh - You can argue all that you want that there have been players better than him, even that there may be players later that will be better than he was, but this young man bridged a gap between two eras in NU football. Our rise back to the top and back to CFB relevence would not have been as quick and as smooth if it weren't for this young man.

When talking about a Husker Mount Rushmore you have to think that the four most important people ever in the history of Husker football have to go up there. That excludes a lot of past great players no disrespect whatsoever to them.

I was thinking about calling in right after Jason Peter put himself up there and saying what is above. The four most important people of all time in husker football would not include you Jason. On a side note, Jason Peter is one very jealous man. I don't like listening to him at all.

You should have called in and confronted him cause I would have laughed my ass off watching him rip you a new one!  I am a loyal viewer of "Soundoff" and he was CLEARLY joking and having fun with saying he belonged on this so called Mt. Rushmore.  That's me also saying that he has had as much value and importance to this program as any of the names that were being mentioned.  It's a shame that my first post had to be "righting a wrong" but this is the stuff that has made me so reluctant to participate on these boards.  Get your facts straight before you make such statements, once you put it out there who knows how many people come along and read it before someone like myself comes along and sets the record straight.  It's been a while since that show but if I recall 55 chose "The Bobfather, Dr. Tom, Tommie Frazier and his former roommate and best bud Grant Wistrom" as the 4 members of Nebraska's Rushmore.  There was the debate between Wistrom and Suh and 55 made a pretty compelling case for why its Wistrom and why he thought it's not even debatable.  He acknowledged Suh's dominance as a senior but said to try and compare to a guy who was a 2x Academic and Athletic All-American was laughable.  Oh yeah, he also has 3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP rings.  And why do you accuse 55 of being a jealous man? Seems to be a very passionate man but the guy is one of the all-time greats at Nebraska, he also has 3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP rings to go along with all the individual accolades as well.  He's written a Bestselling book, he seems to love 2 his role in the media and from where I'm standing he's one of the few that tells it like it IS! For a kid that isn't from this state, to see his passion for this program makes me understand why he has 3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP rings and why this program is considered one of the best.  He doesn't drink the "kool-aid" and why should he? We haven't done a darn thing yet under this staff. Furthermore when I see Bo do his post game pressers and he's about to lose his head because the "standard" isn't being met, it makes me realize that the so called "jealously" that comes from 55's mouth is pretty darn accurate.  I've made my point.  Sorry my first post is basically calling out another board member but I can't stand it when people think its not a big deal or it doesn't have a big impact when they put that keyboard in front of them.  Once you put it out there...... 

Welcome to the board....Jason.

• Fire 4

Welcome. I'm all for setting the record straight, but I prefer it be set straight with the help of paragraph breaks.

I think most of us assumed Jason was joking. As for the argument, I think there are enough battles to fight, in football and in life, that there's no reason to start a heated debate about Wistrom vs. Suh or any other such nonsense.

Hmmm, as much as I like Pelini, he has a ways to go to be a Mount Rushmore figure. For the modern era, definitely Devaney and Osborne. Probably Solich. There is a good case to make for any one of McBride and GIll. Tenopir needs to be up there somewhere too. He never seems to get enough respect for all the work he did with our pipeline.

Don't think you can really put a player (only) up there, but if someone made one for players only, Suh, Rozier, and Frazier would good choices. Jeff Makovicka probably would as well, especially with his links to the walk on tradition. LP and Rodgers were greats, but their off the field antics have reduced their credibility.

Personally, we don't have a "Mt Rushmore" yet. We definitely have Devaney and Osborne, but the list pretty much stops there, at least in football. If we wanted to expand it to Nebraska's #2 sport we could put Pettit and Cook up there, but we're not really talking Volleyball, are we?

Devaney and Osborne are so much higher than the rest that I don't see putting anyone up there with them - not Solich, not a player, nobody. If Bo sticks around for ten years and has 9-win seasons every year then he'd be up for consideration, but until then, the list ends with those two.