If T-Mart struggles

Lil' Red

Jeeesh...you guys.

I very, very seriously doubt Tmart is going to freak out playing Washington. I think a much higher percentage event will be Washington's defense freaking out when Tmarts blasts by them repeatably in the 1st half making them look silly on national TV.

I'm not saying that T-Mart will struggle, but the question was asked "If T-Mart struggles......." I haven't seen anything from Cody that would lead me to believe that he would fair any better under hostile circumstances and I have a feeling that the coaches feel the same way. Considering Bo's personality I can definitely seeing him hit the panic button. :w00t

Jeeesh...you guys.

I very, very seriously doubt Tmart is going to freak out playing Washington. I think a much higher percentage event will be Washington's defense freaking out when Tmarts blasts by them repeatably in the 1st half making them look silly on national TV.

I'm not saying that T-Mart will struggle, but the question was asked "If T-Mart struggles......." I haven't seen anything from Cody that would lead me to believe that he would fair any better under hostile circumstances and I have a feeling that the coaches feel the same way. Considering Bo's personality I can definitely seeing him hit the panic button. :w00t

Oh sure.....you're ok my friend.

It could happen!

T-Mart doesn't struggle. Struggle gets T-Mart.

:blink:

:thumbs

If T-Mart struggles, we leave him in the game. None of this pulling the quarterback crap because he is sucking. We pulled Green against Oklahoma and it looked like it shot his confidence for the rest of the season.

Besides, I don't think there will be a lot of room for Martinez to struggle. We won't ask a lot of him in the passing game, and Washington's defense is anything but dominant. We should have success running the football with Martinez, Burkhead, and Helu.

My take, Hypothetically say we are down 17-24 pts at the end of the 3rd, then what? Obviously our D wont give up alot i dont believe, but a few turnovers that give Locker and Co. great field position and a few easy scores. Coach Sark can coach these guys up. Remember USC last year? That wasnt just a fluke that wash won that game. Yes their D isnt that good. But with a qb that doesnt stretch the field once in a while to keep the D honest i could see this as an issue. If we are down by 17 at the end of 3 i see cody coming in. Anything more than 24 points and the end of 3 and HuskerNation as well as the coaches will go into a frenzy. Because IMO at that point you have to put LEE in. But then comes the 2nd issue, he has only played what 5 mins live this year. The O scheme isnt Pro style with some wildcat mixed in. So it could become confusing for O with unfamiliar play calls. But i do believe with the scheme agains AZ in the bowl could be successful at that point in time. Now lets go a little deeper. (obviously hypothetical) Lee brings us back from down 24 to win............ Then what?

My take, Hypothetically say we are down 17-24 pts at the end of the 3rd, then what? Obviously our D wont give up alot i dont believe, but a few turnovers that give Locker and Co. great field position and a few easy scores. Coach Sark can coach these guys up. Remember USC last year? That wasnt just a fluke that wash won that game. Yes their D isnt that good. But with a qb that doesnt stretch the field once in a while to keep the D honest i could see this as an issue. If we are down by 17 at the end of 3 i see cody coming in. Anything more than 24 points and the end of 3 and HuskerNation as well as the coaches will go into a frenzy. Because IMO at that point you have to put LEE in. But then comes the 2nd issue, he has only played what 5 mins live this year. The O scheme isnt Pro style with some wildcat mixed in. So it could become confusing for O with unfamiliar play calls. But i do believe with the scheme agains AZ in the bowl could be successful at that point in time. Now lets go a little deeper. (obviously hypothetical) Lee brings us back from down 24 to win............ Then what?

Tmart & Green both blow chunks and Lee comes is to save the day? I think the odds of that happening are about zilch (unless injuries occur) but if it did most probably Lee would be the starter.

Otoh, via "injuries" to Tmart/Green I could easily see Lee coming in and saving our bacon. Imo a far, far more likely scenario. It actually wouldn't surprise me at all.

Tmart & Green both blow chunks and Lee comes is to save the day? I think the odds of that happening are about zilch (unless injuries occur) but if it did most probably Lee would be the starter.

Otoh, via "injuries" to Tmart/Green I could easily see Lee coming in and saving our bacon. Imo a far, far more likely scenario. It actually wouldn't surprise me at all.

I agree its far fetched, just a hypothetical statement. Def a wacked out scenario but who knows????

I hope it doesn't happen but when you have a freshman QB playing his first real test in a hostile environment there is the potential that he struggles. I'm just curious what everyone thinks we should do if he struggles and how bad would he have to do for us to consider pulling him.

As both a U-Dub and Nebraska fan, I think Martinez will pose a lot of problems for Washington's defense. Riley Nelson and Jake Heaps played well against them earlier in the year and both are young QB's.

Husky Stadium will be loud, though. I am pretty sure the game is sold out and Dawg fans are going to get loud. It will be interesting to see how Martinez plays...

mumerous times that if Tmart struggles we stay the course. I ask you then why. Should we pass up a potentially magical season for the sake of making one player feel good.

This season has a chance to be really special as the schedule sets up very nicely for us combined with the talent we have that won't or may not be here next year.

It may not be Washington, but maybe KSU or TX or any other game where we can't pass and they are stuffing the run.

I can't figure out why, as many of you suggest, we should stay the course and risk a magical season to make one person happy.

We already named 1 person the starter to keep them happy

mumerous times that if Tmart struggles we stay the course. I ask you then why. Should we pass up a potentially magical season for the sake of making one player feel good.

This season has a chance to be really special as the schedule sets up very nicely for us combined with the talent we have that won't or may not be here next year.

It may not be Washington, but maybe KSU or TX or any other game where we can't pass and they are stuffing the run.

I can't figure out why, as many of you suggest, we should stay the course and risk a magical season to make one person happy.

We already named 1 person the starter to keep them happy

wow, that was merged fast one of our mods must be a ninja (probably kanpp)

It all depends to what extent he is struggeling, If it is just trouble getting started let him take his lumps, so when we do get in trouble later in this season he has experince rebounding from tough situations. Obviously if leaving him in will cost the game than he needs to be pulled.

What will I do if Martinez struggles?

Well, I will most likely panic and hyperventilate. That would be my guess.

But I really do think Martinez has alot of confidence in himself and will carry himself accordingly. The first series might be a little rough, and I do see him making some mistakes, but I feel he will do more good than bad.