Dear Negative Nellies

macroboy

Hmmmmm.....I don't recall a thread last year after Iowa State titled something like "Dear Positive Polyannas..."

The people that complain about complaining are as ridiculous as me complaining about the people complaining about complaining in a complaining thread. chuckleshuffle

Negatives: that 1st washington Td and the decision to put green in for "live game time"

Positives: Taylor Martinez will be fine, our coaches still know how to gameplan (minus Cody Green Live Action Stunt) dedhoarse

, our secondary still rules, the list really goes on...nice solid win

Misc: washington's Defense is very bad....very bad.....

Please inform me what was so terrible about his passing game?

Nothing. I'm just pointing out that capt obvious sees the vertical passing game as a concern and you provide no evidence or commentary to dispute that.

What??? I posted his passing stats for today. What more do you need???

How many of those throws were over 20 yards? That's what I'd call a vertical passing game. His straight passing numbers don't address that.

Nothing. I'm just pointing out that capt obvious sees the vertical passing game as a concern and you provide no evidence or commentary to dispute that.

How many of those throws were over 20 yards? That's what I'd call a vertical passing game. His straight passing numbers don't address that.

Oh, so he's not throwing 30 to 70 yrd bombs.

Heh....wow....ok, "great" point. Diss him at your leisure my friend.

Sorry that you can't refute the statement, but I'm not "dissing" him at all.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

This isn't about throwing 70 yard bombs every play, it's about adding more weaponry to your arsenal. Adding a legitimate deep ball threat to our solid running game would be devastating.

This isn't a diss on TMart so you can drop the white knight act

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

This isn't about throwing 70 yard bombs every play, it's about adding more weaponry to your arsenal. Adding a legitimate deep ball threat to our solid running game would be devastating.

I think our offense is pretty devastating "right now" and we have no need for long bombs. Tmart "right now" is very possibly a better passer than Frost/Frazier or Crouch were.

I'm just sooooo sick of hearing we need the "long ball" to succeed. But whatever.....carry on.

People that are worried about a strong running attack need to realize that when NU plays a team like that, that NU will plan to defend it.

Look, I have coached football for 10 years now and when we play a spread team, we prepare for that and change things. When we play a power running running team, we prepare for that and change things.

My guess is that for a power running team like say, Kstate, we might see 5 Dlinemen in the game, with two linebackers and 5 DBs.

Not too many negatives with a good win like today...but I quoted the post above because

our defense does look like it is susceptible to the run and I would expect us to change things up vs. the likes of power running K-State. Suh is not there to clog the middle. David looked a bit lost today. I thought Meredith looked slow and not 100%. And Allen...he needs to step up his game. As for Green, I did not like the situation where we put in him...came out cold in a spot where we were backed deep into our own territory in a hostile, loud environment so I chew the coaches on that one as to what were you thinking and don't do that again! He was trying to fight for yards and I almost thought the whistle should have been blown but UW gets credit for continuing the play and ripping the ball out.

I think our offense is pretty devastating "right now" and we have no need for long bombs. Tmart "right now" is very possibly a better passer than Frost/Frazier or Crouch were.

I'm just sooooo sick of hearing we need the "long ball" to succeed. But whatever.....carry on.

Really???? Just a third party listening to this but...

You don't think we need a deep passing game to succeed against MNC type competition to go with our running game? Think we can run against Alabama with 9 guys in the box without getting a deep ball every now and then?

Oh, and by the way you were the one that refuted we didn't have a vertical passing game when you obviously have no damn idea what "vertical" means in this instance. Are you resting your head on Martinez's chest tonight or what? Why are you so defensive?

Why can't everybody be objective to these things instead of getting a stiffy for a player? Why are people who are so ignorant as to phrasing in a post so quick to shoot off at the mouth?

Really???? Just a third party listening to this but...

You don't think we need a deep passing game to succeed against MNC type competition to go with our running game? Think we can run against Alabama with 9 guys in the box without getting a deep ball every now and then?

Oh, and by the way you were the one that refuted we didn't have a vertical passing game when you obviously have no damn idea what "vertical" means in this instance. Are you resting your head on Martinez's chest tonight or what? Why are you so defensive?

Why can't everybody be objective to these things instead of getting a stiffy for a player? Why are people who are so ignorant as to phrasing in a post so quick to shoot off at the mouth?

Just because Martinez hasn't thrown a bomb doesn't mean he doesn't have it. Just this week, the coaches came out and said he DOES have it, Watson said his deep ball is the best he's ever coached.

Keep in mind that due to the lopsided nature of these games, Nebraska still hasn't shown that much of their offense. There are playaction passes and different option looks that I guarantee are in the playbook that we haven't been witness to yet this season. Wait 'til Texas...

Just because Martinez hasn't thrown a bomb doesn't mean he doesn't have it. Just this week, the coaches came out and said he DOES have it, Watson said his deep ball is the best he's ever coached.

Keep in mind that due to the lopsided nature of these games, Nebraska still hasn't shown that much of their offense. There are playaction passes and different option looks that I guarantee are in the playbook that we haven't been witness to yet this season. Wait 'til Texas...

And that's a good response. I doubt we'll learn much against SDSU, but I'm pretty sure KSU will stack the box and dare us to throw deep. Maybe we'll lean something then. Maybe we'll have to wait for the Texas game. Texas has the defense and athletes to stop or at least limit our run game.

Against a higher caliber defense, yea we kind of do need it. Having a real deep threat improves our running game, since our opponents won't be able to just creep up and plan for TMart running the ball.

There is no downside to it, so I really don't understand why you're in such a tizzy and acting like we're insulting your mom.