Martinez #2 Heisman Candidate

bbeerma2

Martinez has the potential to be scary good. I mean hell, right now he already is scary good, but he's only a Freshman. If you didn't know any better you'd think he was a senior or something with how poised he is. The only thing that gives him away is his awkwardness in interviews lol.

I'm not an insider but based on the title of the thread. I'm calling B.S. on this. In the article the consider him the #2 canidate, but in the vote they are not counting his votes on the leaderbaord.

theheismanvote.com

I just remember voting like crazy in this last year to get Suh a vote. I've voted for Taylor the last 3 days (you're allowed to vote once per day) yet know votes have counted.

* Only those candidates with a legitimate chance of winning the Heisman Trophy in the view of ESPN and Nissan will be added to the leaderboard.

Martinez has the potential to be scary good. I mean hell, right now he already is scary good, but he's only a Freshman. If you didn't know any better you'd think he was a senior or something with how poised he is. The only thing that gives him away is his awkwardness in interviews lol.

lol!

Good point! He'd be in like Flynn if it wasn't for those damn interviews. Haha.....

lol!

Good point! He'd be in like Flynn if it wasn't for those damn interviews. Haha.....

Could you imagine his Heisman acceptance speech if he did win the award? It would be the world's shortest speech. He'd probably just say, "Thanks" and walk off the stage :LOLtartar

lol!

Could you imagine his Heisman acceptance speech if he did win the award? It would be the world's shortest speech. He'd probably just say, "Thanks" and walk off the stage :LOLtartar

good to be considered but we all know the heisman aint going to no red shirt freshman... which is only gonna make his junior/senior heisman victory that much more sweeter

chhheeee heeeee :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :nanalama :nanalama :nanalama

He will win the Heisman this year and be the first round pick in the NFL next year ... it is amazing how high people are on him.

I don't see it that way personally. It's like Yoda talking to a young Luke ... much to learn you have!

Let's give him a full season in the Big 12 and evaluate him then ... the kids head might explode if you puff him up to much ... and great is the fall!

SheepdogMark

I'm 98% sure Martinez isn't going to win the Heisman this year.

I'm 87.3% sure he isn't going to get invited to New York for the ceremony.

I'm 104.3% sure that the Heisman is still a joke.

Regardless, I think it's fantastic that Nebraska has two players in back-to-back years that are "good enough" to be in the conversation. As much disdain as I have for what this award has become it is still, sadly, the preeminent college football award. Having one of our guys mentioned in the conversation is still an honor.

Martinez has alot to prove still, so I really don't read much into this.

One thing I will say is that I am very surprised by how nothing seems to bother him. When Cody Green got his first start last year on the road at Baylor, you could tell he was jittery. Martinez takes the field in a very, very loud Huskies stadium (so loud it was shaking the camera, which probably meant the stadium itself was shaking...probably a good thing they are rebuilding) and it's just business as usual. I know that's what most young QBs say, just because it's real good rhetoric and they don't want anyone to know that they are freaking out, but I get the feeling when Martinez says it, he means it.

And I love his interviews. They crack me up. No wonder Bo likes this kid so much. Their personalities are very similar.

Martinez has alot to prove still, so I really don't read much into this.

One thing I will say is that I am very surprised by how nothing seems to bother him. When Cody Green got his first start last year on the road at Baylor, you could tell he was jittery. Martinez takes the field in a very, very loud Huskies stadium (so loud it was shaking the camera, which probably meant the stadium itself was shaking...probably a good thing they are rebuilding) and it's just business as usual. I know that's what most young QBs say, just because it's real good rhetoric and they don't want anyone to know that they are freaking out, but I get the feeling when Martinez says it, he means it.

And I love his interviews. They crack me up. No wonder Bo likes this kid so much. Their personalities are very similar.

Agreed. The kid is one cool cat. I cant remember seeing a freshman with this much poise especially at the QB position. I think we have a great one in the making.