The End is Near

Hercules

I'll be the first to say it. The play calling sucked. Obviously the zone read and stretch plays were not working, especially in the second half. However, the power running was. So why run 2-3 power plays, pick up a first and then run a zone read followed by a stretch (this happened a lot) and face 3rd and long?

Yes, it's always the play calling. It's never the lack of execution, poor decision making, or fumbling the frickin ball again and again and again.

This game was needed I think. Too much coming at them, it is different now days, they see it on ESPN, Twitter, face book and the rest of the internet outlets. Bought into the hype and took a day off. This will have us better prepared for close games down the road.

And I agree after today we know that there are really no jugernaut teams out there. All can be beat, Bama was a lucky puppy today, Texas is done, Oklahoma did not look to great. We have our chances.

this is honestly good to humble this team, especially martinez. its no fluke scoring 56 on washington. this was a horrible game. our team expected nothing out of them. we'll be fine. will our offense struggle like this against good defenses? sure, but that's what the blackshirts are there for. you can't tell me that T-Mart is actually THAT bad at throwing. the coaches aren't stupid. Lee would be starting if we knew Martinez couldn't hit a wide open receiver (Marlowe) like that. it was a terrible showing and we'll be fine.

Very uninspiring. The good news is that it looks like there is no flat out dominate few teams this year (i.e. Bama last year, Florida and USC in recent years). Anyone in Top 10 can still be standing at the end with the crystal ball this year. I have not seen any team be excellent in all facets of the game. So we need to sure up what we are doing and be in position to win it all! But I do worry about a lot of aspects of our game that do not seem to be very good right now...

Yep, the biggest positive is that there just aren't that many dominant teams that we can see right now. There may be a couple and I'm mostly wondering what will happen, should we go up against them. Anybody else, I'm not that worried about.

this is honestly good to humble this team, especially martinez. its no fluke scoring 56 on washington. this was a horrible game. our team expected nothing out of them. we'll be fine. will our offense struggle like this against good defenses? sure, but that's what the blackshirts are there for. you can't tell me that T-Mart is actually THAT bad at throwing. the coaches aren't stupid. Lee would be starting if we knew Martinez couldn't hit a wide open receiver (Marlowe) like that. it was a terrible showing and we'll be fine.

So can Martinez throw or not? I read all these articles this week about his arm strength and accuracy, but he's very flashy. I am not expecting experience out of a redshirt freshman, but that many bad throws/interceptions against a team of that caliber, with defensive coverage of that caliber? And what's with the decision to put Green in at that point??? I still don't understand why Green goes in when he does - nothing good has come of it yet.

I'll be second. DONT START. CALM YOUR BUTTS DOWN. WE'DA BEAT THIS TEAM BY 70 IF WE PLAYED. THE PLAYERS TOOK A DAY OFF, NOW BO'S GONNA MAKE EM PAY FOR IT. WE KNOW HOW GOOD THIS TEAM IS WHEN THEY RISE TO A CHALLENGE. Now i know it's no excuse to not show up, but it was as plain a game plan as we've ever seen, the game was won simply by talent.

bye week is gonna be a female dog!!!!!!!!!