The Niles Paul Thread

i am an active reader on these forums cause i believe a lot of you users know a lot about what you are talking about and i respect that.. but its sad to see this garbage you write about about these 18-24 year olds on the forum.. i am very good friends with many of the players on the team and specifically ones that your are very heated with. the tradition we have is unbelievable, but i have a problem with so-called "husker fans". we go through slumps, bumps or whatever.. but some of you are straight up hypocrites... PLease be supporters of these guys even with wins or losses .. husker fans are the best supporters and HATERS at the same time! give these guys a break.. no one wants to lose but there will always be a loser in a game.. they go to school, are still maturing as adults, and juggle a some what normal social life.. and i know for a fact all these guys feel the state of NEbraska on their shoulders.. they are embarassed to walk into class, walk down O street to get food because of the looks and anger given towards them from "fans".. LET THEM BE! cant take back the loss, look forward.. They are students of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln .. STUDENTS! take this for what it is.. if you dont care cool... but c'mon .. so much negativity..

:dunno

I don't post often, but feel the need to this one..

I don't quite understand your post. You say because there 18-24 we can't criticize a poor performance? We have many 18-24 year olds in battle right now, that take much more criticism than this everyday. Heck they cant even have a funeral without some group protesting it. When I was 18 I was standing in Somalia with a m60. Fast forward a few years and my daughters unit in the 82nd got deployed this year. Some people need to grow up if they can't take a little criticism. Personal attacks are different. But I havn't seen any yet.

I think anyone who says they've never heard a fan make a personal attack on a player has been living under a rock.

RE: The thought that Niles somehow brought this upon himself, does anyone know for a fact that Niles went to the OWH and gave them an interview about how he wanted the ball more, or are you guys just assuming that's how it went down and throwing him under the bus?

I think anyone who says they've never heard a fan make a personal attack on a player has been living under a rock.

RE: The thought that Niles somehow brought this upon himself, does anyone know for a fact that Niles went to the OWH and gave them an interview about how he wanted the ball more, or are you guys just assuming that's how it went down and throwing him under the bus?

well, it is fact that he was in a PRESS CONFERENCE with multiple media outlets when he made those statements. Did he think they'd just smile and keep the comments to themselves? no one threw him under the bus, he was driving it.

well, it is fact that he was in a PRESS CONFERENCE with multiple media outlets when he made those statements. Did he think they'd just smile and keep the comments to themselves? no one threw him under the bus, he was driving it.

THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M ASKING.

What questions was he asked that lead to those statements? I'm asking you if you think Niles held a press conference just to ask for the ball more.

I could make you look like a lot of things, given you answering enough questions.

What questions was he asked that lead to those statements? I'm asking you if you think Niles held a press conference just to ask for the ball more.

I could make you look like a lot of things, given you answering enough questions.

easy tiger.

what was asked is inconsequential.

he asked for the ball more. that he would "make the plays." no one forced those words to come out of his mouth.

he got exactly what he was asking for.

he failed.

the end.

easy tiger.

what was asked is inconsequential.

he asked for the ball more. that he would "make the plays." no one forced those words to come out of his mouth.

he got exactly what he was asking for.

he failed.

the end.

Players ask coaches for more touches all the time. Do you really think Niles is the only person on the team that has pestered the coaches about becoming more involved in the offense? I want to know the circumstances/questions that were asked that lead to him giving those statements.

That type of action is not deserved, but happens.

But when you scream give me the ball, drop it more than you catch and basically laugh it off you get people that go overboard.

I am sure he is a good kid, but he should be a good kid riding the bench the rest of the year. He brings a chance of excitement, but more often than not when it counts he brings lead baloons.

And I will tell you one thing I am dead certain about. We treat our kids way better than the Alabama fans treat theirs when they lose. I always thought we were the most fanatic, but we shy in comparison, not even close.

Players ask coaches for more touches all the time. Do you really think Niles is the only person on the team that has pestered the coaches about becoming more involved in the offense? I want to know the circumstances/questions that were asked that lead to him giving those statements.

You seem to be arguing simply for argument's sake. You have no cogent point. When people explain to you why they are (justifiably) miffed at Paul's play on the field, you go off on tangents and equate normal fan unhappiness with the worst of the fan behavior we're hearing about. When people (justifiably) show unhappiness for Niles' choice to publicly call for the ball (something we don't do here), you go off on another tangent about the coaches. Your argument changes with the wind.

Try reading what people are writing here instead of reacting blindly out of frustration that your friend/favorite player/former teammate/classmate/whatever is getting some justifiable grief over his play. Niles' problems are well-documented and they are fair game for fans to discuss. He should take heat for his failures and praise for his accomplishments.

The silliest part of this is that the rancor over Niles' play and words would likely have died down by now if 1) Niles hadn't - once again - gone to the press with his gripes, or 2) people here would stop blindly rushing to his defense.

Look at the crap Burkhead, Martinez, Kinnie and both lines have taken here. Not a lot. They were all discussed and it's over. Paul's supporters keep bringing up nonsense, Paul himself has gone to the press, and so it keeps going.

Let it go and it'll die down. Keep this nonsense going and we'll never stop talking about it. Capisce?

You seem to be arguing simply for argument's sake. You have no cogent point. When people explain to you why they are (justifiably) miffed at Paul's play on the field, you go off on tangents and equate normal fan unhappiness with the worst of the fan behavior we're hearing about. When people (justifiably) show unhappiness for Niles' choice to publicly call for the ball (something we don't do here), you go off on another tangent about the coaches. Your argument changes with the wind.

Try reading what people are writing here instead of reacting blindly out of frustration that your friend/favorite player/former teammate/classmate/whatever is getting some justifiable grief over his play. Niles' problems are well-documented and they are fair game for fans to discuss. He should take heat for his failures and praise for his accomplishments.

The silliest part of this is that the rancor over Niles' play and words would likely have died down by now if 1) Niles hadn't - once again - gone to the press with his gripes, or 2) people here would stop blindly rushing to his defense.

Look at the crap Burkhead, Martinez, Kinnie and both lines have taken here. Not a lot. They were all discussed and it's over. Paul's supporters keep bringing up nonsense, Paul himself has gone to the press, and so it keeps going.

Let it go and it'll die down. Keep this nonsense going and we'll never stop talking about it. Capisce?

What are you talking about? All I'm getting from you is a big rant where you seem to want to dress me down just for the sake of doing so.

Niles is in no way shape or form even close to my favorite player, so I think you should try assuming less next time. This is what this whole 'argument' (which is in your opinion that this is even an argument) about. I asked a pretty simple question about what lead up to the story.

Have you ever coached? Are you really so naive as to think kids at all levels don't lobby for more touches on the ball? What do you find so bloody offensive about me wanting to know the context that his answers were given in? I'm apparently not as quick to form my opinions as you are. I'll take that as a compliment. Why don't you try reading what I wrote instead of just assuming that I'm not asking a legitimate question. I wanted to make sure Niles wasn't mostly guilty of just answering questions asked of him a little too honestly.

This whole thing is over that OWH story. The same newspaper being accused by 'some' here as doing a hatchet job on Martinez. I don't see you going all high and mighty on them. The way some would make it sound here, Niles called a press conference just to announce he needed more touches like he was T.O. or something.

I don't have anything to let go. I just wanted something clarified. I thought that's what this board was for.

I am proud of every Husker player during their career... with that said...this team lacks senior leadership. Badly. A large part of the team played poorly. This doesn't happen by coincidence this is spread. It's an attitude.

Players like Niles Paul (glad you're a Husker!) should stop feeling sorry for themselves and whining about their situation and look to stay sharp. After that game Niles Paul should've said to the media..."I asked for the ball more and then I blew it. That's my fault. The coaches entrusted me to make plays and I dropped the ball." If Niles Paul wants to play for the NFL he better learn to focus mentally and be willing to take the heat.

Dwayne Bowe is constantly taking heat down here in KC because he plays a lot like Niles Paul. The potential is there....apparently Niles needs to toughen up mentally. A little fan criticism to his face is a shame...but he should also be able to deal with it without complaining to the media.