Compton update

C N Red

That sounds about right for a broken foot. Maybe a hair early, but if he's progressing well or ahead of schedule or whatever it was, I'd say that's right in line.

You never know though. You'd hate for them to rush him back like a certain QB and his ACL and have it end up ruining his season career.

Fixed.

david blankets TE's because hes really a safety. he honestly doesnt have much of a place playing LB at 205, especially when Bo and Co only run 2 of them on the field. Having comptons size back will be awesome for this D. Eric Martins 245 is nice, but Compton was supposed to be the general this year. The sooner he is back, the better.

Compton's size is nice, remember even the Jackrabbits had said they ran up thegut because their was no size other than Martin. However the best thing with getting Will back is his experience. There are still a lot of plays where the front four is barely set because of slowness in getting calls and any late defensive audibles.

david blankets TE's because hes really a safety. he honestly doesnt have much of a place playing LB at 205, especially when Bo and Co only run 2 of them on the field. Having comptons size back will be awesome for this D. Eric Martins 245 is nice, but Compton was supposed to be the general this year. The sooner he is back, the better.

This. Entering conference play, David's size is a real concern to me.

»Pelini was more specific Friday on a timetable for the return of linebacker Will Compton, out since Sept. 2 with a foot injury. Compton has recently started walking without a boot but has not returned to practice.

“It’s not going to be long now,” Pelini said. “I don’t know if it’s going to be another week or two weeks.”

Linebackers coach Mike Ekeler, for one, is eager to see Compton return.

“I heard coach Ekeler yesterday tell him, ‘I hate you more and more every time I see you on the sideline,’” Pelini said.

From Carl at the Big Red breakfast

“I heard coach Ekeler yesterday tell him, ‘I hate you more and more every time I see you on the sideline,’” Pelini said.

Mike Ekeler is a riot. Sounds like things are going well for Compton. I'd love to see him back for Texas and I'm sure he won't be on the field unless he's physically ready to play.

We need him back very badly for Texas and Oklahoma State. Our front six has been painfully average thus far. I think most of us thought the line would drop from about a 9.8/10 (w/ Suh) to around an 8.5. Instead it's been about a 5. That makes the LBs very important, and they haven't been very good without Compton. David is an athlete but still lots of work to do on the technical side (and extra 10-15 pounds would help a lot too). E-Mart has tons of issues right now too.