Coaches know: Paul wants the ball

Nexus

Did anyone think that on the plays that we have been successful that BK has been the primary reciever?

Has Niles Paul ever been taught that there are indeed consequences for your actions? For example, you fumble the ball, you may not get the ball as much as you may like. :dunno

How can Niles Paul really come out and say he needs to get more touches? He consistently fumbles. I almost die everytime the other team punts because I hold my breath the whole time. If I were Watson and Pelini, I'd put him on the bench until he proves ANYTHING. He is easily one of the most frustrating on-the-field players I've seen (not that he's great off the field either with MIPs). Granted, he is an explosive athlete, but it's put up or shut up time Niles. For now, just shut up.

i need specifics, what exactly did paul say in the article that makes him deserving of all the vitriol?

You already have specifics. 3 of the 4 quotes annoyed me. It's all "me me me, I deserve the ball more and I'm talented"

Everyone else talks about the team. It's okay for him to be mad, but not to say these things to the press.

you woefully misused quotes there. and i am not even sure you read the article.

lol. I was not actually saying or implying that was a real quote. That was a summary of what he said. Maybe everything inside of the quotes was in white text for you, so I will paste them again here and show you that my summary was accurate:

when you're not getting the looks that you think you deserve, it sucks

^ this is the one that annoyed me the most.

They obviously know what I can do with the ball in my hands and the plays I can make

^ this annoyed me because what he does with the ball in his hands is hand it off to the other team.

“It kind of frustrates me a little bit,” Paul said. “Obviously, there's more that goes into it. There's a scheme. And we're running the ball. But if you put the ball up and let me go get it, I'm going to go get it.”

He shouldn't be frustrated (or at least not talk to the media about it) if the team is getting yards and winning. That's all that should matter. Just look at Zac Lee for a good example of how someone should talk to the media.

i appreciate your post, and i see your point. (i was being sarcastic with my quote remark). i just think people are forgetting what a play maker paul was/can be because of his recent bout with fumblitis. from that article, i got that he thinks he can help the team more than he currently is, and he hopes he has an opportunity in the future. but, he could have worded it better, and i understand why it would rub you the wrong way. hopefully paul shows, rather than tells, how much of an asset he can be for the team.

i think that niles is going to break out again and gain all of our trusts then go back to his usual ways :ahhhhhhhh

just my thought

i completely agree. i think people are overreacting to the article and paul's less than stellar performances lately. he is still a playmaker and good ball player.

• Fire 1

I don't like his attitude in the interview. If he stops fumbling the ball then he can talk.

i agree, he needs to stop his damn whining and be a team player!...cause the first time he gets a chance and blows it, he will be eating $hit!

I agree for the most part. But you do realize this is the same niles paul that went to Ron Brown and asked Brown to help him become a more physical blocker. How many recievers would do that willingly?? Otherwise, yeah i agree

he's frustrated, and is confident in his abilities to make more of a contribution. We had no running game against SDSU, and 1 (crappy) pass came his way. You'd be frustrated, too

Yes, but that's not the point. The point is you don't bring this out into the media. Call us drama queens all you want, but Niles needs to keep this in-house and prove himself when it matters. The only way he'll get the results he wants is to step up his game, and that has nothing to do with crying to the media.