Stadium Expansion

Coincidentally, we saw six of those blades being transported west on I-80 Saturday while driving up to Omaha. Funny that these are going east.

I believe the far-right car is the last in that train. It was a huge train. I took pics from the Haymarket parking lot and it was going by, slowly, at the time. I then drove over to 1st & O street, parked, walked 200 yards up the walking path on the O street viaduct, and took that panorama, and the train was going by the whole time.

EDIT - to my knowledge, those are not being put up in or near Lincoln. There are several large wind farms along I-80 through Iowa, so I'm guessing they're going there.

EDIT II - we have two wind turbines in Lincoln, more for show than anything else I believe. They're up north of the Interstate on 70th street. You can drive to within half a block of them, and when they're in use the blade tips sound like jets whooshing by.

I take I-70 to Denver quite a bit (worst drive ever)...there are hundreds through western Kansas. It's pretty impressive.

there are no wind farms going up in lincoln. many are in iowa and minnesota...

There are plans for a wind farm to go up near Lexington.

DSCF0578.jpg

This picture just makes me in awe of the scale of this addition. I knew it was going to be pretty close to the loop and that was a good distance to cover but holy cow is this thing going to dwarf the original East stadium. The renderings just didn't do the scale justice, I'm more excited seeing the skeleton than I was looking at the drawings.

Thanks Kanpp and Corncraze for those of us who can't or are just to lazy to see it in person.