Stadium Expansion

Coming in on O street is definitely a better view of the Haymarket, you can really get a sense of how much the area has changed. Like Knap said it's not really that outstanding from 180, it's noticeable though. The stadium just looks more filled in now, unless you are on Vine street then it just looks huge! (ocq your welcome)

I have 4 tickets to the opener. Since my wife will be only a couple weeks from the due date, i'm bringin my son, brother, and Dad. Dad has not been to a game by my recollection since 2003. Up until that point, he went to every single one. I think he was one that was awfully bitter over the Solich firing. He has not even been to Lincoln outside the state basketball tournament on a couple occasions since that I know of. We've had two MAJOR rennovations and expansions since and I'm really anxious to see his reactions.

I have 4 tickets to the opener. Since my wife will be only a couple weeks from the due date, i'm bringin my son, brother, and Dad. Dad has not been to a game by my recollection since 2003. Up until that point, he went to every single one. I think he was one that was awfully bitter over the Solich firing. He has not even been to Lincoln outside the state basketball tournament on a couple occasions since that I know of. We've had two MAJOR rennovations and expansions since and I'm really anxious to see his reactions.

Hope it isn't too shocking.

fred-heartattack-o.gif

Was driving in on 180 today (don't know what you guys are talking about; whenever I'm out of town I always make sure I enter back on 180 because it's such a damn gorgeous view of the skyline) and saw they are putting up the letters for the big Pinnacle Bank Arena sign on the north side. Sorry i wasn't able to snap a picture.

Was driving in on 180 today (don't know what you guys are talking about; whenever I'm out of town I always make sure I enter back on 180 because it's such a damn gorgeous view of the skyline) and saw they are putting up the letters for the big Pinnacle Bank Arena sign on the north side. Sorry i wasn't able to snap a picture.

I was on I-180 around 11 am and they were just starting to position the 'P'. Should be done soon.

So I watched rivals' new turf video and to me at least, it looks like they are going to add the second ribbon. You can see small holes in on that level of walling, but on the level of wall above that you can't see any holes. My guess is that's where they are going to connect the new ribbon to the stadium. Just an estimate, but it's something.

So I watched rivals' new turf video and to me at least, it looks like they are going to add the second ribbon. You can see small holes in on that level of walling, but on the level of wall above that you can't see any holes. My guess is that's where they are going to connect the new ribbon to the stadium. Just an estimate, but it's something.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was in the original plans?

Nobody knows one way or the other with complete certainty.

Nobody knows one way or the other with complete certainty.

Memorial-Stadium-East-Inside.jpg

I know the early mock up had two ribbon boards, but I suppose it wouldn't be unheard of for things to change.

I walked by this morning and they were rigging the re-bar to pour the final steps in front of gate 20 (too much stuff in the way for pictures), there's a lot of excavation working still going on out front however. They also started to cover the yellow columns in the middle so my guess is the facade with be completely done sometime with in the next week or two.

Would it be a good idea to put an overhang on both the east and west sides? I think Husky stadium, autzen, and bryant-denny stadium are the only CFB teams that have one

husky-stadium1.jpg

I brought this up on like, page 13 of this thread.

Said it would be cool if there was an awning--not necessarily a "roof"--but like a black slanted mini canopy (canopy!!); just to trap in the noise and provide a little wind block and cover.

Obviously never was even in the plan, but it might've put a finishing topper on that east stadium kinda cool-like.

Especially if it were right over my head in the North end zone, Row 82!

:D

This. I live in lincoln and I still can't believe how different it looks coming in on i80. the viaduct may obstruct the view initially but once you're on top you've got haymarket park to your right, the cathedral to your left and blinders coming off the arena. It's not a big change... just feels more official. The stadium seriously feels like a monster now... it felt big before but it's different now. It makes a statement if it didn't before.