Stadium Expansion

Anyone know how it compares to other upper decks at college stadiums? Happy Valley, aTm, etc...

Those numbers are hard to find. I've looked for Kyle Field but I can't find much, just that the upper deck may start at 73 feet. Ours is at 115 feet from ground level, however their upper deck is larger. All I know is that from sitting there in the endzone at Kyle it's way up and out there! The new addition to memorial will likely been on par height wise but it should be closer to the field than even their sideline stands I would think.

Anyone know how it compares to other upper decks at college stadiums? Happy Valley, aTm, etc...

Those numbers are hard to find. I've looked for Kyle Field but I can't find much, just that the upper deck may start at 73 feet. Ours is at 115 feet from ground level, however their upper deck is larger. All I know is that from sitting there in the endzone at Kyle it's way up and out there! The new addition to memorial will likely been on par height wise but it should be closer to the field than even their sideline stands I would think.

I would venture to guess that Death Valley at LSU is at least as high if not higher - and probably steeper. That place looks crazy. I've never been inside but I've walked around it and it's a long ways up there.

Those upper deck seats are sure cheap considering they're one of the best views in the house.

They are high!

They aren't that high. They offer great views of watching the plays develop, probably have more legroom, and have easier access to concessions and restrooms. If I had access I would jump all over these tickets.

You'd be surprised how far up there they are, probably about 135 feet above the field. I'm not saying it's not a good view, the seats are right on top of the field. But that's pretty far up there.

No different than any new pro stadium out there. I have sat in the upper deck at Mile High (Sports Authority) and it isn't bad at all, and it's up there, and steep.

Those upper deck seats are sure cheap considering they're one of the best views in the house.

They are high!

They aren't that high. They offer great views of watching the plays develop, probably have more legroom, and have easier access to concessions and restrooms. If I had access I would jump all over these tickets.

You'd be surprised how far up there they are, probably about 135 feet above the field. I'm not saying it's not a good view, the seats are right on top of the field. But that's pretty far up there.

Is it just me or does that new upper deck seem really dangerous? The steps look extremely steep. I just am imagining someone tripping and falling down the stairs, over the railing and down on to the first level seats? I know there have been instances of fans falling over railings at other stadiums.

Again, no different than any modern pro stadium. And if you saw the work going on in the upper deck, you would notice that they put railings between every row of seats.

They are high!

No different than any new pro stadium out there. I have sat in the upper deck at Mile High (Sports Authority) and it isn't bad at all, and it's up there, and steep.

Right, but the point is that's why the seats are cheaper...

The students and faculty kind of have the same seats, odd. I wonder what staff tickets cost, anyone have a clue how much they pay?

But I'm almost certain the faculty seats are reserved, and if I'm correct on that it makes them a lot better.

I wonder if grad students with assistantships get to buy them...

You can buy tickets, but you are essentially considered an undergrad. At least that was the deal while I was there. Grad Student = Indentured Servitude.

Video tour of the Arena:

That looks awesome but where the hell is the student section?

The students are going to have individual seats..?

The students are on fold away risers on the court level.

According to previous mock-ups, there were a lot more than it looks like there on in the finished product:

4edef7ddb49a4.image.jpg

Video tour of the Arena:

...where? All of those seats go down essentially all the way to the floor.

Video tour of the Arena:

Well ... it does look like there are two or three rows at the bottom. :dunno

Video tour of the Arena:

Well ... it does look like there are two or three rows at the bottom. :dunno

you can't tell me that's the only room for students to stand... That'd be awful planning.