Stadium Expansion

Anyone using the 3D model for the student section location is using VERY old information. I believe the way the seats are set up in the video is primarily the women's basketball setup which is different from the men's setup. The primary student section for the women's games will be in the corner of the bowl right behind the visitors bench, overflow student seating is on the opposite side of the court, directly across from the home bench. For Men's games it's entirely different and the student section is MUCH larger. The Student's will have 6 rows of bleacher seating directly behind both team benches on the east side of the arena and the main student section is the entire middle lower section directly behind the south-side hoop. Weather they use bench seating for student section use and then swap the seats in when converting between setups or whether the student sections will just use stadium style seating I do not know. I assume the former though.

I'm from Hastings too. I go to GI only about once every 6 months, simply to get my new boots at Willis. You cross the tracks on Walnut to there, and it's like crossing over to a third world country. What a shithole.

Me too, Air Force career from 1975 thru 1982 (Det 10 radar site). Half of my civilian friends in Queen City (Hastings) was never ventured Lincoln trip ! I'm serious......not once. Believe it or not, I only spent 5 or 6 times in Lincoln trips over 7 years AF career. In fact, I never paid attention for Cornhuskers football at all until moving to Lincoln.

Back to this thread......how about this?

MCGXQUJGDQEIOWP.20121109163751_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75

(new arena sign)

Hooked, I moved to Hastings in 1972 when my Dad was in the AF out at DET 10 (72-76). We might know each other or at least some of the same people

I just don't like how little appreciation that UNL gives the students. I thought it was different with the new arena, but the new seating is barely anymore than the old from what it seems.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's what I'm saying, at some point you have to tone down your income a little for the students who are paying 30,000 per year to go there so that they can actually go to games. I might be making a big fuss, but I know a lot of people that are pissed over this, and obviously student football tickets.

I just don't like how little appreciation that UNL gives the students. I thought it was different with the new arena, but the new seating is barely anymore than the old from what it seems.

That's what I'm saying, at some point you have to tone down your income a little for the students who are paying 30,000 per year to go there so that they can actually go to games. I might be making a big fuss, but I know a lot of people that are pissed over this, and obviously student football tickets.

but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

30k a year? Must have been a huge tuition hike in the past couple years. I spent 30k in 5 years. Maybe you are quoting out of state? Still not that much. Secondly there wasn't a huge student following in the Devaney so I don't think it constituted a greater allotment of seats in Pinnacle.

They pay that $30,000 for an education. The athletic department gets none of that.

They pay that $30,000 for an education. The athletic department gets none of that.

I believe the university actually gets money FROM the athletic department (at least they used to).

Hooked, I moved to Hastings in 1972 when my Dad was in the AF out at DET 10 (72-76). We might know each other or at least some of the same people

My guess your dad was slightly different generation....age thing. At the time in 72-76 era, I was basically a wild punk kid, i.e. drunk and/or high as a kite (weed) in duty, threshold Article 15 punishments, etc. until eventually settled down my lifestyle (1979 marriage :ahhhhhhhh ).

I believe the university actually gets money FROM the athletic department (at least they used to).

That's my understanding as well.