Stadium Expansion

I just don't like how little appreciation that UNL gives the students. I thought it was different with the new arena, but the new seating is barely anymore than the old from what it seems.

Surely, you don't have the audacity to think the NU teams are for the students? If I had my way, the students would get first pick of their seats, mid court right behind the scorer's table for basketball. And, they would also have first pick between the 30 yard lines in the east stadium. And for any other sport, they also get first choice. It is, after all, their University, right? Their representative teams, right?

I just don't like how little appreciation that UNL gives the students. I thought it was different with the new arena, but the new seating is barely anymore than the old from what it seems.

Surely, you don't have the audacity to think the NU teams are for the students? If I had my way, the students would get first pick of their seats, mid court right behind the scorer's table for basketball. And, they would also have first pick between the 30 yard lines in the east stadium. And for any other sport, they also get first choice. It is, after all, their University, right? Their representative teams, right?

And your athletic department wouldn't have any cash, and all of the non-revenue sports would be eliminated.

• Fire 1

And your athletic department wouldn't have any cash, and all of the non-revenue sports would be eliminated.

True! I was being a little sarcastic about what college sports have turned into over the past 50-60 years!

Hooked, I moved to Hastings in 1972 when my Dad was in the AF out at DET 10 (72-76). We might know each other or at least some of the same people

My guess your dad was slightly different generation....age thing. At the time in 72-76 era, I was basically a wild punk kid, i.e. drunk and/or high as a kite (weed) in duty, threshold Article 15 punishments, etc. until eventually settled down my lifestyle (1979 marriage :ahhhhhhhh ).

yeah he was at the end of his career and retired in 76. We lived out at the AF housing until he retired then moved into town.

Back to topic. Does anyone have a pic of the east stadium with the new field in it? i am trying to find a good one that i can use for desktop background

True! I was being a little sarcastic about what college sports have turned into over the past 50-60 years!

Ahhh, I got ya now. It is unfortunate that big-time college sports have turned into big business.

Had the associate AD on sports nightly last night and did in fact state that now that the east stadium expansion is all but complete, they are beginning research on the new acoustics for an upgraded sound system. Said it's been in the works for a while, but with the dramatic change in structure, they really had no choice but to wait until it was completed. I think he said to expect an announcement following this season?

In other news-there is a god.

• Fire 3