Student section

will security actually let vuvuzuelas in?

Let’s hope so. Otherwise people will sneak in mini vuvuzelas. And Memorial stadium will sound like a gigantic flock of speedballing ducks. 10x worse than the big vuvuzelas.

I think its a great idea, and people who get annoyed can leave for all i care, we are there to make as much noise as possible and rattle the opponenets offense, everyone is yelling on defense anyways, we are not in church for Gods sake, im sick of sitting on east balcony and listening to people constantly tell me to sit down, i will be standing the whole game yelling as loud as i possibly can, and anyone that has a prob can f*ck off

I think its a great idea, and people who get annoyed can leave for all i care, we are there to make as much noise as possible and rattle the opponenets offense, everyone is yelling on defense anyways, we are not in church for Gods sake, im sick of sitting on east balcony and listening to people constantly tell me to sit down, i will be standing the whole game yelling as loud as i possibly can, and anyone that has a prob can f*ck off

Wow. You're a superfan. Thanks for letting the rest of us exist in your world.

• Fire 2

Please teach me to be like you. I used to think I was a great fan, until I read this post.

Now I just feel like killing myself because of my inadequacy.

Maybe we should replace "Hail Varsity" with "Pokerface" too. It will sound way cooler with the Vuvazelas backing it up. Little Maoists, I THINK THERE'S SOMETHING OLD AND TRADITIONAL OUTSIDE OF MABEL LEE. QUICK, SMASH IT.

I'm sorry but our student section sucks compared to most other student sections. It seems almost every other student body has some awesome tradition (student pushups, jumping up and down in unison) and they have.....what?....exactly? Waving their arms back and forth after a touchdown? Lame.

I realize there isn't anything that can be done about this, just wishing out loud that they'd get something organized or started.

The shoes on kickoffs.

Also, maybe if the students were actually closer to the field like they are everywhere else....

And as far as the OP goes.. the students don't really organize a b1ackout.. The one B******, Pelini's first game, was organized by the athletic department, not the students. They gave the students a black t-shirt with their student ticket pickups, but it failed because there was no way to make them wear it.... had they given it out at the gates instead, it would work.

Over the past few years the students have usually tried organizing at least one b|_ackout attempt per year, through unofficial methods and it's always fell flat on it's face.

For people complaining about vuvuzela's....it's BARELY different than screaming/yelling the same tone for the entire play, there's nothing wrong with it. The loud eco-friendly sun chips bags are an awesome idea too.

Don't get used to using Vuvuzelas, they are against Big Ten policy!

Ha, another reason the Big Ten is a better conference.

A few people bringing them doesn't bother me, they'll get drowned out by crowd noise anyways, I just don't want every sporting event in America to start sounding like soccer matches.