Ricky Thenarse

M I K E

Rickey isn't a bad tackler, he just too often looks for a kill shot because he hits so hard.

Marvin needs to show Rickey some tape of O'Hanlon from last year on what to do in the open field. Damm, I miss that kid.

The one play that was really inexcusable was the big early run by Gilbert. It was the over-pursuit by Rickey that allowed that play to spring.

How to Tackle in Football

By an eHow Contributor

A good-yet-effective tackle will take down the ball carrier, but take them down without any injuries. Maintaining a Good technique can ensure that any opponent-- even one who's bigger, stronger and faster than you--bites the dust but is able to get back up.

Difficulty: Easy

Instructions

Things You'll Need:

Footballs

Identify your opponent. This will be the individual running furiously toward the end zone with a ball under his arm.

Run toward the ball carrier at full speed, keeping your head up at all times. Aim your face mask at the center of his chest or inside shoulder.

Run through the ball carrier, wrapping your arms around his waist.

Pull the ball carrier into you and drive him to the ground.

If you get up first after a successful tackle, offer a hand to help your opponent up and give an encouraging pat or slap as you run back to your team. This shows good sportsmanship and preserves the spirit of the game after an extremely aggressive act.

Keep your head up and lead with your face mask when tackling - you don't want to lose sight of your opponent.

Follow your coach's specific instructions on tackling technique and game regulations.

Football is, obviously, a contact sport. Wear a helmet and all proper pads and gear.

Read more: How to Tackle in Football | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_3994_tackle-football.html#ixzz12elciDuv

Sorry, there wasn't a video how to do it or I would've posted that too.

How many times did he try to make a tackle by going for the "big hit" and just throwing his shoulder into the ball carrier? After the first time he tried that and failed miserably you think he would start wrapping guys up. But no, I saw him do it several more times, as well as just flat out missing some hits. I thought he was almost as disappointing as the receivers. dry.gif

or get juked at the line by a "pocket pass quarterback" really? Should have benched him then, he looked foolish and was an embarrassment to the blackshirts.

• Fire 1

To the guy who said Smith was out of position on Gilbert's first td, I don't think he was. From the replay it looked like he was manned up with the receiver going in motion. But otherwise it looked like he played a good game, not great, but then there was probably no one you could say played a great game Saturday. Think we should just swap Smith and Thenarse on plays when we go to the Peso, and just have Gomes and Smith at Safety.