Nebraska hasn't beaten a team inside the top 20 since...

tschu

I'll root for the Huskers, of course, but I'll believe it when I see it. Way too many stupid losses where we just drop the ball (pun not intended) when we should be winning.

I hate to be a downer, but I've been down this "we're going to win FOR SURE" path way too many times.

Should be "we're good enough to win FOR SURE" b/c that's a fact vs any team we face. And I'm almost tempted to say "we should win FOR SURE."

Wow, that is a surprising stat.

You should beat Okie State, though. They're mostly a passing offense and you have a very strong secondary, plus their whole defense is awful. I think you win this one, not easily, but by something like 38-28.

It will be interesting to see how Holgorsen calls this game. Kendall Hunter is quite capable of toting the rock 30-35 times if OSU's OL can do what Texas' OL did to NU's DL.

This game totally hinges on the play of our DL. If our DL gets absolutely zero pass rush on Weeden, we could have the all pro NFL secondary back there and still give up big plays. Our DB's won't be able to cover forever if there's no pass rush. I'm guessing we come out with our hair on fire stuffing Okie States passing game daring them to beat us with Hunter. The absolute worst thing that can happen tomorrow is to start out like we did last week with a quick 3 and out and then a fumble spotting Okie State 10 points. We need to dictate the tempo of the game right from the start.

I'll root for the Huskers, of course, but I'll believe it when I see it. Way too many stupid losses where we just drop the ball (pun not intended) when we should be winning.

I hate to be a downer, but I've been down this "we're going to win FOR SURE" path way too many times.

Should be "we're good enough to win FOR SURE" b/c that's a fact vs any team we face. And I'm almost tempted to say "we should win FOR SURE."

I'm not sure after watching Oregon last night that we are good enough to win this game. Perhaps it was their best performance ever, but I was impressed. Even against a poor D at KSU, we never looked anything like that well oiled machine. It seemed like they were totally in sync and had been performing at a high level for years while we look like a team of newcomers after three weeks of spring practice. There was simply no comparison. If the oakie lite d is slow we might beat them if we don't become a turnover machine, but well likely have to score 30 or more, a tall order.

You should beat Okie State, though. They're mostly a passing offense and you have a very strong secondary, plus their whole defense is awful. I think you win this one, not easily, but by something like 38-28.

Sounds about right to me. We match up pretty well against them.

Okie Lite has been averaging 49 points per game. I'll be shocked if they put up 30 on Nebraska.

Sounds about right to me. We match up pretty well against them.

Okie Lite has been averaging 49 points per game. I'll be shocked if they put up 30 on Nebraska.

And Pelini will be....well...use your imagination.

I thought the streak was a top 20 team on the ROAD. :dunno:dunno

If your talkin just top 20 teams, wasnt Arizona 19th or something in the holiday bowl last year, what about michigan in the alamo bowl, werent they in the top 20 also.

Not disputing the streak, but I know its been a LONG LONG time since we beat a top 20 team on the road.