The Only Way We're Gonna Beat Misery

C N Red

Also, and I don't think this has been mentioned, to those who seem to want to throw in the towel before next weeks game is played. Mizzu's offense isn't even close to Okie St.'s. Mizzu's D may be better, but I still think they are overrated. I guess that is why we still actually play the game.

Oh yeah, I still can't believe we lost to Texas. Iowa St!!! are you kidding me!!! I swear Texas has some voodoo curse on us. :dumdum

We need to calm down. Our secondary looked vulnerable for the first time in how long and thats cause of stupid mistakes which can be fixed. That will not happen against mizzou at all theres no Blackmon on that team. T.J Moe scares me as a slot but thats it. I dont even think Mizzou fans can name who Mizzou's running backs are. Living in Missouri it's the worst thing ever especially tonight to hear Mizzou fans run their mouth's. If we lose to them season over we don't make it to the b12 ccg. Bo will have this team ready. Offense is promising get rid of home jitters and stupid mistakes. I'm not sold on Niles no matter what though.

The only way we beat Mizzou is by us keeping them off balance and not letting them load the box. When they do load the box we need to be able to hit the open receiver. On D we MUST not give up the big play like we did this week. Tackling is huge with bubble screens and cross patterns. We have to tackle soundly and communicate on D. Okie Lite and Texas had us off balance by getting to the line of scrimage quickly in the hurry up and we were trying to get settled on D. Oh last andf not least DO NOT PUT THE BALL ON THE GROUND!!!!!!

Our defense overall > How we played against Oklahoma State

But, that's because:

Oklahoma State's offense >>> 99% of the offenses in the country

Oklahoma State's offense >>>> Missouri's offense

Missouri's defense >>> Oklahoma State's defense

Which means:

We'll have to slug it out, and win a tough, high-scoring game. If we can move the ball against Missouri at all we'll have a good chance to win. Still, I won't count this one in the bag until the final gun.

My knee jerk reaction is that this game will be very similar to the game against Okie Lite. Mizzou can move the ball down the field although not quite as fast as the Pokes. Mizzou has no Blackmon or Hunter which really killed us.

The mistakes that were made on defense are fixable. Okie Lite came out firing and our defense had very little time adjust/ make calls. But I thought we did a better job in the 2nd half tryin to stop Okie Lite, still gave up some big plays.

I dont care what anybody says about Mizzou defense. I think they are overrated, yes they did a good job against Murray from what I saw. But up until the Oklahoma game, they hadnt played anybody with a legitimate offensive threat.

Like what was stated im previous posts, keep mizzou off balance. Honestly yesterday, before the snap I nevered had a clue what play we were gonna run, which is a good thing.

I noticed Nebraska had an LT that went down in the game. Will he be back? Mizzou's DEs are the absolute strongest part of this team IMO. NE starting a 3rd string LT is big for MU.

Equally big for NE is MU losing their starting DT in last nights game. Broken ankle and out for the season. That is the Tiger's most shallow position. I worry about NE testing the middle.

My big concern, actually is the fact that we are playing at home. If it is a night game, i feel a little better; we just do not play well at home during a day game.

My second concern is tackling. Even Gomes and especially Thenarse were not tackling well. Our d line isn't supposed to really make tackles, but they aren't clogging up many lanes either.

Third, our special teams cover units have been pretty poor all year. Texas had a big punt return, and yesterday they had a couple nice KO returns. Field position will be huge, because I don't think MIZ can drive the length over and over.

We finally showed some "multiple" looks yesterday and ACTUALLY SNAPPED THE BALL UNDER CENTER!!! Will watson get cute again and revert to some weird ass playcalling ad not just capatilize on what we do best?

Can our crowd actually stay up for 4 quarters and get into such a frenzy that we make a difference against a team that typically does not play well in Lincoln?

Yesterday was a big win, we can definetly build off some nice things. However, whether OU was overrated or not, MIZZ won a big game last nite and will be flying high coming to Lincoln. If we can smack them in the mouth and stay active for 4 qts, I feel pretty good about our chances

Kind of amazed by the lack of respect missouri is getting here. They're the only unbeaten left in the big 12 and their conference resume has been impressive so far. Say what you will about OU...that team was undefeated too. I do agree that the best offense is now behind us but Missouri looks balanced. That was why we had issues with OSU. They will score points on us. Their D is better than OSU's and we will have to set the tone early. At least Missouri doesn't run that hurry-up crap so we can get set defensively. It should be a good game. I do think their big win will have them a little down to start our game so we need to jump on em quick.

My knee jerk reaction is that this game will be very similar to the game against Okie Lite. Mizzou can move the ball down the field although not quite as fast as the Pokes. Mizzou has no Blackmon or Hunter which really killed us.

The mistakes that were made on defense are fixable. Okie Lite came out firing and our defense had very little time adjust/ make calls. But I thought we did a better job in the 2nd half tryin to stop Okie Lite, still gave up some big plays.

I dont care what anybody says about Mizzou defense. I think they are overrated, yes they did a good job against Murray from what I saw. But up until the Oklahoma game, they hadnt played anybody with a legitimate offensive threat.

Like what was stated im previous posts, keep mizzou off balance. Honestly yesterday, before the snap I nevered had a clue what play we were gonna run, which is a good thing.

Sirles did play after he got injured.

Also, why did it seem like West was in the game alot today? I'm sorry but he is not very good. Everytime I saw him he was missing tackles or his man was owning him.

um.....have you not seen Ricky Thenarse play? talk about missing tackles. West has to play Thenarse is stinking up the joint.

And let's not go too crazy over misery just yet.

West is horrible....he always has been! there has to be someone else....this kid has done nothing good since being at nebraska...he represents everything that was wrong with the D before Bo came back

i am extremely concerned about Mizzou....they seem more complete than we do and they really rose to the big game.....if we dont establish a run game with our RUNNING BACKS we will be in trouble....

the zone read thing has ran it course...it is now time to use simple off tackle plays, or pitch plays and let helu get out there and make something happen....our O line does not seem to make holes in the middle so we need to let our good RBs do something...even a traditional option play would be good....Defenses are keying on Martinez so much, use that against them! use him as a decoy and use misdirection...

in the end, this game is the season i feel....we lose to Mizzou, no big 12 championship shot....Watson needs to pull out the stops...even lining martinez up as a WR just to confuse the other team would be interesting and let Lee throw to him or hand off the ball a few times...