Do you hate Blaine Gabbert?

NUance

Blaine's situation was entirely different than Tyler's.

I don't hate either of them––it's a game for Chrissake––but I think the way Tyler conducted himself during the recruiting process was pathetic. In all honesty he probably did us a favor there. That speaks to character issues all the way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the current staff went to Tyler and basically said he wasn't exactly the type of athlete for QB we were looking at any longer. It was after this conversation that he decommitted and headed to Mizzou. I also remember reading a few years back how Tyler basically had to bail his older brother out in some of their high school games. I don't hate either one. I don't think Blaine exactly has what our coaches are looking to do with this offense. I'm pretty sure we don't have the receivers we need either for Blaine to be successful as a Husker.

I don't think that's the case at all. If we let him go, then we willingly almost screwed ourselves in the way of QBs for that class. Tyler is not a poor athlete, either. Those conversations about bailing his older brother out happened when Blaine was committed here, if I recall.

I think the 'we're going in a different direction' and the 'mutual decision' was just PR stuff regarding the decommitment. The reality being we couldn't take any more QBs with him on board, and he hopped off at the last minute after telling our coaches numerous times he wouldn't. You can't really blame him for making a choice that's right for him, but that's poor conduct IMO.

No reason to hate the Gabbert kids. Don't worry about it.

Chase Daniel, on the other hand...

Chase Daniel's reminds me of Chad May. Remember him? from KSU. Both whiney little bi+ches.

Anyway, I have nothing against Blaine. He's doing well at Mizzou, good for him. I never understood any anti-Gabbert sentiment. IMO when a team changes coaching staffs, decommits are fair game. how many times do recruits talk up a coaching staff as a major reason for their commitment? so they are still expected keep a commitment when that element is completely altered? I may be in the minority but I guess I don't think that's fair.

to me there is very little to compare between Gabbert's move and what Freeman did. Freeman pulled a douche move and I loved kicking his ass for four years for it.

As for his little brother. Frankly when he committed it was like a little countdown timer started for when he would eventually decommit anyway. I was never excited about the commit and actually i think i may have been happier when he decommitted (in a "Finally, now we can move on" sense) it looks like he won't do much more then backup duty for the Tigers anyway.

i do hate the gabberts, so much so that i wrote a poem about it:

I hate the way you play the game

And the way you read the 'd'

I hate the way you throw the ball

I hate your family tree

I hate your big dumb helmet

And the way you read pinkel's mind

I hate you so much that it makes me sick

It even makes me ryhme

I hate the way you're always right

I hate it when you lie

I hate it when you make me laugh

Even worse when you make me cry

I hate the way you're not around

And the fact that you didn't call

But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you

Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.

10 things I hate about you...

/runs out of room

I hate your family tree

It even makes me ryhme

I hate it when you lie

10 things I hate about you...

/runs out of room

A pretty good adaptation of a Shakespearean classic, too.

It seems to me like a lot of Husker fans absolutely hate Blaine Gabbert. Me, I don’t hate the guy. I respect his skills. I can even understand why he decommitted during the crapstorm of 2007 when Callahan got fired.

Make no mistake, Gabbert is a GREAT QB. That’s why we wanted him. He’ll be solid in the NFL someday. But even though I have a lot of respect for Blaine Gabbert, I hope the Blackshirts have their way with him on Saturday. Really knock the crap out of him. Half dozen blindside sacks. And pick him off two or three times for good measure.

Oh, and all the glowing praise I’ve heaped on Blaine Gabbert——well, that doesn’t carry over to little brother . I think Tyler Gabbert is a worthless little punk riding his brother's coat tails. I have no idea why we recruited that guy.

I bet you, like myself Nuance, were one of the guys who couldn't stop smiling long enough to say "karma" when that story came out before the season that lil Gabb ended up getting sucker punched when he went out boozing with big bro :)

I hate your family tree

It even makes me ryhme

I hate it when you lie

See you added some new words to that poem. This poem was taking from the movie 10 Things I hate about you....great movie. I think the dad in that movie is hilarious....sad to see Ledger die at a young age.