No Love from Mizzou

HUSKERCR

That market is called America. Don't kid yourself that it's just CoMo. It's Lincoln, Des Moines, Wichita, Fargo, Little Rock, Stillwater, Dallas, Miami, Fresno, Seattle, etc, etc, etc.

Have you seen any Omaha or Lincoln papers print something like this? Honestly curious, I haven't.

This is borderline. Lotta backhanded shots at the school in there:

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2010/10/25/4cc4dd5fdcaba

That market is called America. Don't kid yourself that it's just CoMo. It's Lincoln, Des Moines, Wichita, Fargo, Little Rock, Stillwater, Dallas, Miami, Fresno, Seattle, etc, etc, etc.

Have you seen any Omaha or Lincoln papers print something like this? Honestly curious, I haven't.

you can always count on a couple from Sam McKewon

Evidence por favor?

This is borderline. Lotta backhanded shots at the school in there:

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2010/10/25/4cc4dd5fdcaba

And a helluva lot of compliments to what Missouri and Pinkel have done over the last 5 years.

you can always count on a couple from Sam McKewon

Evidence por favor?

im not going to take the time to hit the archives, but look at the write ups about MU. Look at the the articles around the conference mix up and esspecially right after. He always says back handed things about missouri. just read his articles

From the Post Dispatch article:

"Nebraska coach Bo Pelini has done a superb job of rebuilding the Cornhuskers program after the failed Bill Callahan experience."

It's all about which quotes you want to pick out. I'm not defending Miklasz, he's generally and idiot. But, as pointed out earlier, this is not unique to St. Louis or Missouri.

Also, the bulk of the article is about how, although Pinkel has elevated the program, we are still waiting for the next step.

"Nebraska coach Bo Pelini has done a superb job of rebuilding the Cornhuskers program after the failed Bill Callahan experience."

It's all about which quotes you want to pick out. I'm not defending Miklasz, he's generally and idiot. But, as pointed out earlier, this is not unique to St. Louis or Missouri.

Also, the bulk of the article is about how, although Pinkel has elevated the program, we are still waiting for the next step.

If Bernie is so classy, then why put in the bush league petty digs at all?

It doesn't take more than a few personal slams to color the whole article.

We've yet to see you produce a single example of Nebraska writers doing the same to Mizzou,

only your lame "go find them yourself"; translation: "I can't back up what I say".

I made the effort to reference direct quotes. Are Missourians simply too lazy to do that?

Apparently so.

We've yet to see you produce a single example of Nebraska writers doing the same to Mizzou,

only your lame "go find them yourself"; translation: "I can't back up what I say".

I made the effort to reference direct quotes. Are Missourians simply too lazy to do that?

Apparently so.

I think you got the wrong guy or you can't read. I'm not sure how you interpreted "he's generally an idiot" as he "is so classy". And I linked an article earlier by Scott McKeown.

Apparently so.

I think you got the wrong guy or you can't read. I'm not sure how you interpreted "he's generally an idiot" as he "is so classy". And I linked an article earlier by Scott McKeown.

LOL! That was the best you can find? Really?

Nice research ace. Given how common you say it is, shouldn't there be loads of recent quotes?

Or are you just as lazy as I assume you are?

Your assertion that Bernie was really just patting MU on the back is more Missouri BS.

So what if you admit Bernie is an idiot? He's a Missouri sports writer, we already know that.

If, as you propose, we are all alike, ever wonder why Mizzou fans (and their sports writers) are NEVER described as "classy" by ANYBODY?

No, probably not.

This is where journalism has come to, and I have no problem with what he wrote. He's not catering to NU fans, he know where his bread is buttered at and he writes in that fashion. He's looking for shock value, Bob Lutz does the same thing here in Wichita, you either love him or hate him, but regardless, he gets readers to react both ways and gets hits on his articles, and that's all he's looking for. Let people write whatever the hell they want to, as long as they own up to it and eat crow when it's all said and done, that's all that matters.

Apparently so.

LOL! That was the best you can find? Really?

Nice research ace. Given how common you say it is, shouldn't there be loads of recent quotes?

Or are you just as lazy as I assume you are?

Your assertion that Bernie was really just patting MU on the back is more Missouri BS.

So what if you admit Bernie is an idiot? He's a Missouri sports writer, we already know that.

Like I said, ever wonder why Mizzou fans (and their sports writers) are NEVER described as "classy" by ANYBODY?

No, probably not.

Personal attacks on Mu fans and sports writers that you don't even know, and we are the idiots!?!?! Really??? If Husker nation can't take a poke from 1 douche bag sports writer in Missouri and take it for what its worth, you have issues. Like Missouri is the only state with stupidity! A read back on your posts will prove that wrong!

And yep, its my first post!

This is low-hanging fruit from this writer. There's a market for this like there's a market for McDonald's cheeseburgers. We all know it's crap, but most of us consume it anyway.

It really disappoints me as an aspiring journalist to see that crap like this is what gets attention. It really makes me second think my choices...

Ditto, I to am an aspiring journalist as well and my my advisor would be steaming if I showed them this article!

Pinkel took a strong, ethical stand by removing his top running back, Derrick Washington, from the squad after Washington was charged with sexual assault. This followed multiple alcohol-related arrests in the football program that put Pinkel on the spot. LINK

Nice article. Heh. I like the part about the “strong ethical stand”. What would an average Mizzou ethical stand have been——to let him play as if nothing had happened?

here are just a few examples that i was easily able to find.

"the Tigers usually have somebody ready with a smart comment", "eaten up Mizzou’s sob story since its poor women’s soccer team failed to qualify for the NCAA Tournament in 2009" ,"Moaning Missouri" ," caught in the midst of Missouri’s latest premature celebration", ". Missouri can be replaced; its 7 million TV sets! were rarely tuned to Mizzou athletics in the first place.", "Missouri’s fan base, like Colorado’s fan base, isn’t going to acknowledge anything out loud. They’d rather turn in their snob card than do something like that", "Mizzou fans are a fickle lot anyway"," it’s fun to poke at Missouri","Last dance with Moaning Missouri, an athletic department worth its weight in complaint on a variety of topics"

All these examples that you found just look like the writers were stating facts...not cheap shots or insults...... :corndance