**Official Roy Helu Thread**

I got a kick out of the announcers on Saturday saying how they didn't think the rest of the Big XII knew about Roy's true speed, so this was coming as a shock to Missouri. I kept thinking, what is it about the runs he had against Washington and Kansas State that make people think he's not fast? Helu turned on the jets in both games and blew away from DBs.

Seriously, if they're watching film and they don't know how fast Helu is, that's exceedingly poor preparation on their part (the announcers, I mean).

Sorry I have no link but one of the saturday am shows said before the game that nebraskas running backs were avg at best and only had success becasue of T-mart. I wish I knew who said that .....

I think that in some ways Roy gets over looked because of his mixed success and because the team as a whole has been good but not great. If week in week out he was the horse we rode he would get notice but that has not been the case.

Sorry I have no link but one of the saturday am shows said before the game that nebraskas running backs were avg at best and only had success becasue of T-mart. I wish I knew who said that .....

It was probably those two boobs Mac and Matt. That sounds like something those goofs would say.

As far as Helu goes. He is a Top 10 All Time Nebraska back no more no less IMO He is not better then Rozier, Phillips or Green, that being said he is on par with any other back that has come through here.

You guys think with the big game roy had that the coaches will tell tayolor you have to run the backs more to be more effective on them zone reads? I noted that on roys runs that if taylor was in he could have took it his self and had a big run.But I think if roy and rex get more carries it will lead to big runs for taylor. any thoughts on that or is it just me? I knoe he got hurt but I think their only telling half the story on that thoe.

I do think if he carried the ball more against texas this year we would have won. I think he should be getting 16 carries atleeast and about 11 carries for burkhead maybe 14 and then about 9 carries for taylor becuzz them 9 carries will prolly be long runs if the d is playing the running backs and crashing down on em

Should be in the hesiman talk if u ask me. If he keeps having big games hell yeah he should be their I mean mark ingram wasnt even in the race till the last half of the season last year. Id like to see cam newtons ass try and match 307 on the ground lmao I say that becuzz it seemed like hes been trying to out do ppls. Look what taylor did that week against ksu then go and look what cam did that very same weekend god I hate cam newton ohh wells . but I hope we keep feeding the beast thats roy btws becuzz hes just to damn fast and fun to watch ppls try and keep up with him also way to go roy for getting ur helment sticker on college football final also :bigredn:

I'm of the opinion that Roy is the 3rd best RB in NU history behind Phillips and Rozier. If he would have got to play in the offenses of the 80's and 90's and had an O-line that matched those O-lines, he could have some staggering numbers.

Not that I don't think Helu is good, but better than Ahman Green? I don't know about that.

Not that I dislike Ahman, but IMO, he was more of a sprinter than a slasher, a straight ahead runner that would fall if you hit him below the waste, even though he would pinball guys that hit him high.

I think of guys like Rozier, Phillips, Helu, and even DeAngelo Evans (when healthy) as guys that had better moves and could get more yards in the hole after contact than Ahman.

I'm of the opinion that Roy is the 3rd best RB in NU history behind Phillips and Rozier. If he would have got to play in the offenses of the 80's and 90's and had an O-line that matched those O-lines, he could have some staggering numbers.

Not that I don't think Helu is good, but better than Ahman Green? I don't know about that.

Not that I dislike Ahman, but IMO, he was more of a sprinter than a slasher, a straight ahead runner that would fall if you hit him below the waste, even though he would pinball guys that hit him high.

No way man. Ahman had all the moves that those guys had, he just happened to be absurdly fast as well. Check the video:

No way man. Ahman had all the moves that those guys had, he just happened to be absurdly fast as well. Check the video:

My all time favorite NU running back by far lol wish we had some of them plays still maybe in the next few years maybe? That direct snap was a thing of beauty

• 3 weeks later...

Roy is in my list of top five runningbacks in school history, the only reason people don't give him the credit due is because he hasn't been on championship caliber teams, which is hardly his fault.

As far as most amazing individuals off the field? Don't see how I could think of anyone else higher than I think of Roy. His true humility is something that is so rare yet so admirable in today's "me" generation of sports.

• Fire 1