Ciante Evans

I feel pretty good about next year's defense after today. I knew the LB's and DL would be improved with everyone but Allen back. The secondary is where we have the big losses. But Ciante and Courtney really stepped-up today. Cassidy got in the mix a bit too. Marvin is getting guys up to speed. I look forward to seeing what Stafford and Cooper can do. Just hope Dennard stays, we'll really need our go-to corner.

solid game, yes but pretty impressive for a freshman getting thrown in.

When he got hurt and West came in I was really worried.

no kidding...and he didnt do much to inspire confidence on his first play.

Whazzabuzza? West nearly had a pick-six. He JUST missed that ball, and the result of the play wasn't that damaging to us. In general I'm concerned when West is in there, but he made a great play on the ball there and it was the right thing to do. I'll bet he missed that INT by less than two inches.

I agree, I was worried about losing Prince, Fonzie, Thenarse (stupid, I know), West, Hagg, and Gomes. But it looks like our coaches are developing some serious talent back there.

I think this is what Bo was referring to when he said this years unit could be better than last year. The D line and overall D isn't better but Bo has a lot of weapons and has turned the corner on the recruiting trail. This year is setting up to be his best class ever and one of the best of all time here at Nebraska. You recruit like a top 10 program, you will be a top 5 program for sure.