If T-Mobile cannot start next week against Iowa State

Green= fumbles

Lee= game manager whom knows the offense and gets us down the field. Lee is the best option. we played very vanilla because our running game was so good. he didnt have to throw the ball and that does cause inconsistency due to not finding a rhythm. look at tmart during sdsu and texas. same thing.

That is extremely unfair to Green, IMO.

Really? That is all I saw him do in his last few efforts. Green is on the bench behind Lee right now and there is a good reason for this.

Am I the only one who thinks it would be sweet justice for Lee to start against ISU and exorcise some of those demons from last year?

i have nothing against t-mart, but i do like lee. i will always be an apologist for lee and if he had to start for the rest of the conference schedule, i think we would still go undefeated. i have a lot of faith in both qb's and they have enough weapons around them to make them better players.

I'll preface this by saying that neither Green or Lee make me very comfortable when they line up under center.

They will start Lee next week if Martinez can't go. That's a fact.

Another point of contention: Lee had 3 passes against Mizzou. The first was an ill-advised decision that could have been picked. The second was not off Reed's hands. It was 10 feet over his head. The third was a nice throw on a crucial down.

Green has not looked good, but how can some of you say Green sucks, and in the same breath say that you can't judge Lee because he hasn't played much? Last year, Green and Lee were pretty interchangeable in my opinion. Lee got the edge because Green was a freshman. Yeah, Lee has experience in big games, but how much experience does he have playing WELL in big games. Not much.

I'm not a Lee hater, but I do find it somewhat puzzling when people speak of him as if he's Major Applewhite with a knack for coming up big in big games. He's just not that guy. And I think the myth about Lee being a markedly better passer than Martinez has been busted these past 2 weeks.

That being said, Lee did run the offense against Mizzou, and with the way the offensive line and defense were playing, that's all he was being asked to do. If Martinez can't go, it should be Lee because with the upcoming schedule, we just need a guy that knows the playbook and executes the play.

I'll preface this by saying that neither Green or Lee make me very comfortable when they line up under center.

They will start Lee next week if Martinez can't go. That's a fact.

Another point of contention: Lee had 3 passes against Mizzou. The first was an ill-advised decision that could have been picked. The second was not off Reed's hands. It was 10 feet over his head. The third was a nice throw on a crucial down.

Green has not looked good, but how can some of you say Green sucks, and in the same breath say that you can't judge Lee because he hasn't played much? Last year, Green and Lee were pretty interchangeable in my opinion. Lee got the edge because Green was a freshman. Yeah, Lee has experience in big games, but how much experience does he have playing WELL in big games. Not much.

I'm not a Lee hater, but I do find it somewhat puzzling when people speak of him as if he's Major Applewhite with a knack for coming up big in big games. He's just not that guy. And I think the myth about Lee being a markedly better passer than Martinez has been busted these past 2 weeks.

That being said, Lee did run the offense against Mizzou, and with the way the offensive line and defense were playing, that's all he was being asked to do. If Martinez can't go, it should be Lee because with the upcoming schedule, we just need a guy that knows the playbook and executes the play.

Actually if you look close enough on Lee's first pass, it looked like Cotton couldn't find the ball and he slowed up. Should Lee have thrown it? No, probably not, but it only looked as bad as it did because Cotton stopped. And the first pass to Reed bounced right off his chest. Reed wouldn't have gotten the first down anyway, so it didn't matter a whole lot.

If you want to start off in a hole, you start Green. He will fumble bumble us right out of the game. Lee will get us a victory if he has to play is my guess. He will not cause us to lose. If Taylor has a severe thigh bruise, I doubt he will play at full speed. I had one several years back from a bad bicycle crash, it affected me for a very long time. Of course I do not have the medical resources that Martinez does. I can not imagine it not affecting him this early.

Lee will get the job done if needed. I would like to see him win a game for us this year. I think he played pretty good last week. He did what was asked of him. Green never has.

Am I the only one who thinks it would be sweet justice for Lee to start against ISU and exorcise some of those demons from last year?

It fills me with such joy to see someone using the correct word exorcise as opposed to exercise, which is almost always incorrectly used in this case and makes me want to punch a baby.

It fills me with such joy to see someone using the correct word exorcise as opposed to exercise, which is almost always incorrectly used in this case and makes me want to punch a baby.

Do you remember that movie, The Exercist? That was a cool flick ;)

what? demons can not exercise?