If T-Mobile cannot start next week against Iowa State

He has a fair point though, HuskerJosh. With the exception of I believe the first game, Green has fumbled every game at least once. He fumbled twice in the Washington game once for a turnover.

I don't think Lee has turned the ball over yet this year. And with the exception of a few errant throws, he played OK and made good reads in the zone read game Saturday.

Okay...but you can't ignore he looked pretty bad throwing the ball. He did pretty well against UA, but was still 13/23, and threw 3 picks against Texas. I just can't see why people think Lee is such an obvious improvement over Green.

Okay, but you can't deny he made pretty good decisions on the zone read AND he didn't turn the ball over at all, thus solidifying the win. Sure, it wasn't pretty and it was reminiscent of last year's offense, but we didn't need anything more than what Lee was doing at the time. We weren't down, we had a two touchdown lead, and we needed a guy who wouldn't make mistakes.

Everybody can harp on Lee all they want, but the guy has shown more courage in the last year than any Husker in recent memory. He took his licks and has accepted his reserve role. Green fumbles, Lee does not. Lee is not the 'obvious improvement', as you put it, but the coaches seem to think he is the guy we need when Martinez goes down.

I hope Taylor is alright. The hit he took was pretty hardcore. Luckily he never truly planted his leg when initial contact had occurred. If Taylor starts, don't be surprised that he isn't very mobile. It might honestly take a few weeks for him to heal from this minor injury. I hope he comes back strong and heals quickly though! We'll find out more this week and Saturday. GBR!

Call me crazy but I think it might be in our best interests to rest Taylor if it truly is a deep thigh/bone bruise. Those can take months to heal fully and I think the offense with Lee as QB is quite capable of beating up on the likes of ISU and KU. I would rather give him a week or two off to get back to 100% than to have him play every game the rest of the year at 60-70% because he never has time to fully recover from the intial injury and keeps reaggrevating it.

I thought Lee played simply great. No mistakes and even a nice run.

Sure, he's no Tmart but Green is? Otoh, maybe Green has been pressing way too hard and he would do ok. I don't know. However, I feel a LOT safer with Lee and sadly for Green the pre-season games are over with. Very little room for error now.

:facepalm:

That sums up my feelings on this thread.

Of course you start Lee if Martinez isn't full go. Lee threw one bad pass. He also threw one key strike to Reed while under pressure that kept Mizzou off the field and secured the win. He had another fine first down run. Aside from that, making two great plays and one crappy deep ball, what did he do? Handed it to Helu. Think he can manage that against ISU?

Gimme a break.

Of his three passes, two were really bad. You'd have to be blind to argue otherwise. One was almost picked and the other was completely uncatchable. It took an amazing effort from Reed to catch the third, but at least it wasn't interceptable.

Actually his second pass was a checkdown to Reed which bounced off his hands. Deep balls are low percentage passes anyway and the completion came off a running throw. But in any case, what's your point? Have you seen Cody throw the ball?

Lee threw the ball 3 times so Im not sure how you can say he played bad? First pass was overthrown (expected for a reliever), dont remember the second, and the 3rd was a 3rd down pass to Reed which sealed the game. He put the ball where only reed could catch it. He ran the zone read perfectly and ran for a first down.

It was a vanilla offense in the second half all we needed to do was eat clock which is what they did.

Exactly right. His first two throws were off target, but, geez, he made three throws and the third one was clutch. Lee was on target against Texas.

Iowa State has a terrible defense. Worst thing we could do is turn the ball over.

We don't know how badly Martinez is hurt, only that the X-rays were negative so it's not a long-term thing. If he can't go this week, we go with the senior who has starting experience and has shown ball security.

If the coaches play Martinez next week and he does truly have a deep thigh bruise... then that has potential to come back to bite us in the butt against a&m and the big 12 championship. Taylor is a stud, but that type of injury is one you have to have patience for. IF you bring him back too quick it could really become a nagging injury throughout the rest of the season.

A deep thy bruise is one that reduces flexibility and reduces mobility. They usually take at least a month to heal properly, depending on the severity of the injury. So if it really is a deep thy bruise and the coaches play Martinez it could be detrimental to our team because the way these injuries work is that they take away the guy's mobility... it will tense up, and make it extremely difficult for him to run like he has been. Now, with that said, i'm not confident he does have a deep thy bruise. The reason I think this is because if that was the case the trainers would have him in RICE immediately, as this method really helps with the swelling and length of the healing process. You would have seen him with his leg elevated with ice on his leg. You didn't see either of those in the game... he was walking or sitting normal in the second half with no ice.

Also, someone mentioned he is in a boot... you don't put a boot on a guy with a deep bone/thy bruise. Compression is part of the healing process, but if he has a boot, it would indicate the injury is knee area or below, not thy. The fact that I didn't see him off his feet, with ice, with compression, and with his leg elevated tells me his injury is something different than we are being led to believe. More serious? Not necessairly, just different.

I would like to see the staff sit Taylor out against Iowa State and potentially Kansas as well. I think we have the ability to beat each of them with Zach Lee and Cody Green without using Taylor, and I think the rest will allow him to be more mobile and effective against A&M, Colorado, and the Conference Championship Game.

Just my 2 cents.

• Fire 1

Lee threw the ball 3 times so Im not sure how you can say he played bad? First pass was overthrown (expected for a reliever), dont remember the second, and the 3rd was a 3rd down pass to Reed which sealed the game. He put the ball where only reed could catch it. He ran the zone read perfectly and ran for a first down.

It was a vanilla offense in the second half all we needed to do was eat clock which is what they did.

Exactly right. His first two throws were off target, but, geez, he made three throws and the third one was clutch. Lee was on target against Texas.

Iowa State has a terrible defense. Worst thing we could do is turn the ball over.

We don't know how badly Martinez is hurt, only that the X-rays were negative so it's not a long-term thing. If he can't go this week, we go with the senior who has starting experience and has shown ball security.

And all that while playing less than a full game so far this season. Yeah, Lee did just fine. His runs on the Zone Read, while not pretty, were damned effective.

And on top of that, there is no way to overstate the magnitude of the final two drives Lee generaled. Missouri had just ran two drives totaling 27 plays, where the Blackshirts were on the field for 9:23, with the intervening Husker drive lasting two plays and 0:45 seconds (Helu's third long-distance TD), the defense was understandably gassed. They absolutely needed a competent QB to come in and kill the clock - Missouri had scored ten points on those two possessions, and the game was not in the bag yet.

So what does Lee do? He engineers two drives, one going for 6:06 and the other 8:40, the latter eating up more than half the fourth quarter. After those two Missouri drives resulting in ten points, the defense played three snaps.

Roy Helu understandably deserves a huge amount of credit for those drives, but you cannot discount Lee's presence and command in the huddle. This team knew what it had to do and did it behind a competent QB.

Anyone dogging Lee needs to find another team to root for. This is the kind of crap you'd expect to see from Kansas State fans. Get real, people.

• Fire 1