Should Martinez sit?

Hello everyone, new Husker fan here, and first post on the board. This is the first time I've followed Nebraska for the whole season. I usually follow the SC Trojans. But since Taylor played at the same high school as I did, I decided to follow you guys for the season. Tell you what, it's been quite fun seeing a fellow 'Centennial Husky' have some success and I also discovered a very rich in tradition a class football team in Nebraska. Also just spent a boat load on Husker gear at the Nebraska store as well. So anyway enough about me, what I wanted to know from you all is considering that Martinez has a sprain ankle, do you think the staff should sit him the next game and give him time to fully rest up and heal that ankle? Rather than risking further injury? I think I'd rather have TMart fully healthy for the upcoming games and 'championship' game/bowl game. I'm sure Lee or Green could handle Iowa St. Zac Lee does a great job at QB, havent seen much of Green though, but I heard he was good as well. Alright folks, thanks for the time and can't wait for the upcoming games!

Ps. if this has been discussed in a previous thread, I apologize in advance. :)

I'd rather see him on the sidelines watching. If we get down 10 and he can provide a little spark - or a chance for Lee to watch the game unfold for a few minutes before going back in, then great. I personally don't see the point in playing him against Iowa St though - if this was the Missouri game...he'd play. KU/ISU - no point. He might benefit from sitting in the box w/ Watson assuming it wasn't a distraction.

I would say if he's not 100%, sit him. If he can't push off when passing or get to full speed as quick as normal, sit him and let him rest for the stretch run, we'll need him more in future games than we do this weekend, I think.

This weekend should be a lesson in power football, similar to the Misery game. Our OL should be able to dominate the LOS and eventually impose our will on ISU and come away with a comfortable win. Keep the turnovers under 8 or so and we should be okay. :facepalm:

I'd rather see him on the sidelines watching. If we get down 10 and he can provide a little spark - or a chance for Lee to watch the game unfold for a few minutes before going back in, then great. I personally don't see the point in playing him against Iowa St though - if this was the Missouri game...he'd play. KU/ISU - no point. He might benefit from sitting in the box w/ Watson assuming it wasn't a distraction.

IMHO - I would sit T-Mart. Not because of who we are playing but because we need to look at the bigger picture. Sit him this week, play him sparingly next week getting him prepped for the A&M game where we want him to really be full speed. This guy is hoping Lee starts for the big picture.

But I would not be disappointed to see T-Mart take it to the house 3-4 times in the first half before sitting the second half. Kick them ISU fans in the :nutz

I'd say if Martinez is 85% or better, play him. I'm not really sure you'd be risking him to further injury by playing him with a sprained ankle anyway. I'd let him play until it gets to bothering him. I have no doubt that our training staff will make sure the ankle is taped and wrapped well enough that there will be absolutely no risk of injuring it further.

Maybe taylor should take it as a learning experience for not running the offence like he should be running it. For the zone read to be effective for a qb thats a runner you have to get the backs their carries also ,he should watch the videos of the game after he went out. Now I knoe mizzou knew the backs was gonna get the ball at that point but if the backs are GETTING their carries its gonna be more effective for him when he does keep the ball. Thats why I think the zone read is snow balling on him a lil bit becuzz the other team watches film and they knoe hes keeping the ball most of the time,so I hope that the coaches sit him down this week and go back to the 1st game and show him how to run the read like he did.

I think Martinez and Lee are going to split time. It's tough to tell exactly how healthy Martinez is or is not. Who knows? The guy could very well be 100% by gameday.

I'm sure we'd be just fine with Lee, but we're not nearly as potent without Martinez, who constantly has 2 defenders scoping him out making it 10 on 9 for the rest of our offense. I'd much rather have Martinez play if he's able.