Brutal

Hskr86

1. I was wrong. Cody G cannot play D-1 footall. He needs 2 find somewhere to transfer to...

2. We need to find a new defensive scheme that has true linebackers...

3. We need quicker sets (from the coaches) with defense (whether they're right or wrong)...

4. Niles Paul needs to be introduced to 'the pine' - I don't care what he does in 'the past' or 'the future'...

Yes linebackers will be crucial for the big10

Actually, even though the Big 10 has a reputation for being a 'smashmouth' conference, they are far from it. Our defense which is set up with smaller/quicker LBs will be just fine. OSU, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Northwestern, and Penn State all like to run the spread offense. The only true traditional smashmouth teams are Wisconsin and Iowa.

Yes linebackers will be crucial for the big10

Actually, even though the Big 10 has a reputation for being a 'smashmouth' conference, they are far from it. Our defense which is set up with smaller/quicker LBs will be just fine. OSU, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Northwestern, and Penn State all like to run the spread offense. The only true traditional smashmouth teams are Wisconsin and Iowa.

And these are the two teams I'm most worried about. My two best friends...one iowa and one wisconsin...I pay attention to their games

1. I was wrong. Cody G cannot play D-1 footall. He needs 2 find somewhere to transfer to...

3. We need quicker sets (from the coaches) with defense (whether they're right or wrong)...

4. Niles Paul needs to be introduced to 'the pine' - I don't care what he does in 'the past' or 'the future'...

Questioning Bos scheme because we barely beat ISU with our 3rd string QB and our 1b CB out with an injury :facepalm:

They had a great gameplan and we ran the same 10 plays on offense all day. Get over yourself were 8-1.

[/quote

pretty much spot on....

LBs are fine, it's just a matter of two things ..

1.) Lavonte needs to quite over-pursuing. It's great he plays so fast and flys to the ball, but he is still raw in understanding the defense, and leaves his teammates out to dry quite a bit.

2.) Our DL needs to get off blocks more often. I'm looking particularly at Baker Steinkuhler, but there are other guys who struggle as well. But I am surprised at how Baker looks more like a DE than he does a DT. Baker needs to seriously put on some weight.

i invite you guys to go up to Bo and tell him he needs to find some true linebackers and change his defensive scheme because you dont like it. "who are you again"

A guy rushes for 100 and some yrds on 32 carries, i'll take that any day. Then youll be the same guy bitching that we are giving up 400yrds passing when we switch to a 3-4. Cant please everyone, even when we are having a great year.

They took advantage of Dennard being out with a true frosh and West...who royally sucks....good on them.

i invite you guys to go up to Bo and tell him he needs to find some true linebackers and change his defensive scheme because you dont like it. "who are you again"

A guy rushes for 100 and some yrds on 32 carries, i'll take that any day. Then youll be the same guy bitching that we are giving up 400yrds passing when we switch to a 3-4. Cant please everyone, even when we are having a great year.

They took advantage of Dennard being out with a true frosh and West...who royally sucks....good on them.

I agree. Its an ugly win, but a win is a win.

I agree. Its an ugly win, but a win is a win.

last year when we played them it was an ugly lost I like the ugly win better. :clap