Keeping Martinez Out was Right Decision

Enhance

I think there are two other important things to realize about this game. First, the wind truly was a significant factor that you saw both quarterbacks struggle with. Plus, wind is unpredictable and random. It's very possible that both quarterbacks completed some throws when the wind had died down and had trouble completing other throws when the wind picked up.

Second, Cody did take a pretty significant shot early in the game right to his head. Most people probably would have felt a little fuzzy after that.

To me, it's fair to mention the names Niles Paul. That was big, key and a crucial time ... he heightened the momentum to the Cyclones big time. Although I do agree with the thinking in this thread as well. Lots of mistakes on our part and I'll credit ISU for sure.

SheepdogMark

Yep, Niles among others did Cody no favors. You could feel it through the TV how huge that fumble was for Iowa State's momentum. That place sounded like it was rockin'.

Enhanced, I agree with your orignal post. I think most people are overlooking the fact that with our 3rd string qb we were able to go into a hostile enviroment and leave with a win. How about the fact we had two players go over 100 yards rushing, give credit where it is due. While there were clearly mistakes made Iowa St. stepped up and played a pretty good football game.

Green sucks and they should let him start for the rest of the season and see how bad he really is

Go away troll. That was an unwarranted attack on a kid that comes out, works hard each and every day for our football team. He competes each and every day in every aspect of his life. He has also followed the program that Bo Pelini has set for all of his student athletes. He has done nothing to provoke shots below the belt like that like a certain WR that we have on our team.

I think this game came down to the weakness in our play calling. So it was on Watson this time guys. We were running the ball down their thoat in the first quarter with the wildcat and just handing the ball off to Helu. Now I will be the first to say you can't do that the whole game, but we sure could keep doing it until they stop it. However, as Watson always does, he gets away from something that works to try something else.

Why didn't he run a variation of the speed option. It was obvious we weren't going to be able to pass, so open up the run game book and lets go. The line would have had a field day. Then when they stack the box, pop one over the top to the TE and away he goes. I think it all was bad play calling. Watson showed he can't change it up no matter what happens during a game. That is something to worry about long term.

However, Colorado will be open at the end of the year, so maybe he will be on his way out anyway.

I think this game came down to the weakness in our play calling. So it was on Watson this time guys. We were running the ball down their thoat in the first quarter with the wildcat and just handing the ball off to Helu. Now I will be the first to say you can't do that the whole game, but we sure could keep doing it until they stop it. However, as Watson always does, he gets away from something that works to try something else.

Why didn't he run a variation of the speed option. It was obvious we weren't going to be able to pass, so open up the run game book and lets go. The line would have had a field day. Then when they stack the box, pop one over the top to the TE and away he goes. I think it all was bad play calling. Watson showed he can't change it up no matter what happens during a game. That is something to worry about long term.

However, Colorado will be open at the end of the year, so maybe he will be on his way out anyway.

I think K State attempted 4 passes the entire game-sticking with the same 2 offensive players for 3/4th of the game...

100% agree.

....que my buddy zoogies rush to defend SW in 5....4...3.....

100% agree.

....que my buddy zoogies rush to defend SW in 5....4...3.....

i will step in for zoogies (i think we think alike).

we got a 14 point lead. the game was over. the defense gave up a score and then paul fumbled. can not blame that on 'ole watson.