Taylor Martinez in an Emergency

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I'm late to the board and there are millions of posts.

Okay. If Taylor Martinez is suited up and available in an emergency, how much more of an emergency did it need to be?

Fourth quarter. Tie score. Cody Green not inspiring confidence. Momentum shifting. Big 12 Championship on the line.

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I'm late to the board and there are millions of posts.

Okay. If Taylor Martinez is suited up and available in an emergency, how much more of an emergency did it need to be?

Fourth quarter. Tie score. Cody Green not inspiring confidence. Momentum shifting. Big 12 Championship on the line.

I honestly think the coaches felt like cody green is better than a hurt taylor. the fact that they were trying to get him in the games early in the year and started him yesterday says to me he must look pretty good in practice and that it just hasnt translated in the games yet.

Bo made comments about it being a weird game. I think he thought Green could do the job. After the hit, if he could not have returned, I think we would have seen Rex running the show. Martinez is hurt bad enough they do not want to chance games down the road. They felt they could play well enough to win, and did not really expect the game they got from Iowa State ater the way we handled Missouri the week before.

I actually hope we keep him out next week, because we are going to need him against A&M.

I think Cody has had himself pulled enough in favor of somebody else. If you start pulling a kid every time a situation gets dicey, what does that say to him? It says I have absolutely no confidence in you getting the job done.

People are harping on Green far too much. Not only did he take a brutal helmet hit in the first quarter but he also had to fight through the wind, having many of his throws go crazy because of it. You saw the same thing happen to Arnaud all game long.

A game always goes far beyond an individual player, always. One player doesn't win a game and one player doesn't lose a game. Football is a collection of plays that lead to an end result. People generally like to focus on a few plays or even individual plays when diagnosing a football game, but it is all cumulative.

I'm forced to think Pelini has been playing possum with the extent of Taylor's injury all week.

And he's also the guy who let Martinez run two plays last week when it was clear to millions of people that the guy could barely walk.

Forget the wind and forget passing. Cody Green is a fine athlete and a decent young man and I wish him the best, but even as a Sophmore he needed to show the command and confidence displayed by our Freshman qb and Sophmore running back and he simply didn't. And on a couple plays where Green clearly had the corner on a designed qb keeper, he ran right into his pursuit. I think even Zac Lee gets more yards on that play.

I'm forced to think Pelini has been playing possum with the extent of Taylor's injury all week.

And he's also the guy who let Martinez run two plays last week when it was clear to millions of people that the guy could barely walk.

Forget the wind and forget passing. Cody Green is a fine athlete and a decent young man and I wish him the best, but even as a Sophmore he needed to show the command and confidence displayed by our Freshman qb and Sophmore running back and he simply didn't. And on a couple plays where Green clearly had the corner on a designed qb keeper, he ran right into his pursuit. I think even Zac Lee gets more yards on that play.

I think that has more to do with Green's athletic ability than anything else. He is a 'dual threat', but he is also 6'4" with a very long stride. He doesn't have the acceleration of Martinez because of this. I think Green's speed is better showcased in the open field. The problem is that he doesn't seem to have the acceleration to get there.

I've also noticed that for a 6'4", 240 lb. guy, he goes down pretty easily.

I think Cody has had himself pulled enough in favor of somebody else. If you start pulling a kid every time a situation gets dicey, what does that say to him? It says I have absolutely no confidence in you getting the job done.

People are harping on Green far too much. Not only did he take a brutal helmet hit in the first quarter but he also had to fight through the wind, having many of his throws go crazy because of it. You saw the same thing happen to Arnaud all game long.

A game always goes far beyond an individual player, always. One player doesn't win a game and one player doesn't lose a game. Football is a collection of plays that lead to an end result. People generally like to focus on a few plays or even individual plays when diagnosing a football game, but it is all cumulative.

Really? Because Arnaud was 21/32 for 203 yards and 3 TDs (granted he had 2 INTs).

It was pretty obvious our coaches had little to no confidence in Cody's passing ability.

I doubt you'll ever actually hear the coaching staff admit it, but when Cody took that hit on the sidelines he came to the sidelines and exhibited concussion like symptoms. But he didn't go to the docs and get fully checked, he went back out on the field. Apparantly Cody did suffer a mild concussion during the game, and may not be available next weekend depending on how this week goes. Hope Taylor and Zac get healed up quickly.

If you go back and watch the game, watch how Cody ran before the hit, and watch after. Kid lays his heart and body on the line, and they come out with a W despite poor playing conditions and some boneheaded plays and coaching, and he gets rewarded by people taking shots and saying he should go back to Texas or transfer somewhere else? :facepalm:

Really? Because Arnaud was 21/32 for 203 yards and 3 TDs (granted he had 2 INTs).

It was pretty obvious our coaches had little to no confidence in Cody's passing ability.

And I can think of about five or six throws from Arnaud missed his target and most of those throws were because of being overthrown. Quarterbacks miss, sure, but it looked like the wind carried quite a few of those throws.

You're also comparing a Senior quarterback who has started the last two years, I believe, to a true Sophomore that had started two games previously in his entire career. Not a very reasonable comparison.

Either Bo has balls the size of pumpkins or Tmart is essentially playing with one leg.

Jesus....that was one very, very scary game and we're damn lucky to leave there with a W. I wish I knew the real deal with Tmart and I can only pray he'll be ready for TAM.