Braylon Heard

i went ahead and crunched the numbers for the average weight of the players on the two deep at RB, MLB and OLB for the Big 10 and the Big 12 teams other than NU (obviously, we don't play ourselves in either league), to give a comparison of our competition in the two leagues.

for the Big 10:

RB - 210

MLB - 233

OLB - 225

for the Little 11:

RB - 207

MLB - 234

OLB - 226

as you can see, there is practically no difference in the size of these positions between the leagues.

i really hope we get this kid but its been such a process and soap opera i hope if the kid does come he uses all this positive energy rather than not reach his potential... he better be worth the wait.. .like the 1st selena gomez nipple slip to come out.... since she just turned 18

:corndance

They take your highest score, at least I'm pretty sure that's what they do.

They take a composite, so they take the best score across all tests in each section.

So if your best score in section A was on test 1, best score on section B was test 3, best score on section C was test 2, they take the sum of those and place it on a sliding scale with your GPA to determine eligibility.

Did not make it officially now

Next test date is Dec 11th, will make it very tight to get scores reported and cleared through the NCAA to start the spring semeseter.

Did Antonio Bell come in the spring semester after he didn't make the cut, or did he end up enrolling a whole year afterwards? If the latter is the case, he's still got plenty of chances to get his score, at least based on the Antonio Bell timeline. Although, it is worrisome that he's taking it this many times and hasn't gotten the score yet.

However, some kids are just terrible test takers. You can crack under the pressure of the situation and do terrible on it and still be a really bright individual. Happened to a girl in my HS class who graduated 3rd in our class... terrible test taker. Had a ton of anxiety. ACT/SAT alone is a terrible marker for intelligence.

They take a composite, so they take the best score across all tests in each section.

So if your best score in section A was on test 1, best score on section B was test 3, best score on section C was test 2, they take the sum of those and place it on a sliding scale with your GPA to determine eligibility.

I know they do that for the NCAA, but I thought UNL just takes the highest composite score. Unless it's different for student athletes. :dunno

I know they do that for the NCAA, but I thought UNL just takes the highest composite score. Unless it's different for student athletes. :dunno

UNL isn't the issue here right now, Braylon is not currently meeting the NCAA requirements.

He got half of what he needed this time. He needs to raise his score in one more section then he is in. I definitely see this kid on campus for the fall of 2011. Whether he is here for the spring of 2011 is a different story, but I really do think that he will be here for fall camp next year.

Which section? Science, was the toughest one on the ACT, in my opinion. Didn't practice well for it and the time just wooshed by. Braylon needs to hire a dang tutor...or, better yet, take the ACT and then take the SAT cold or something. Give him another shot at least.

Science was retarded. Mine was all graphs and charts of scientific systems and questions about them. It seemed so easy and yet was my lowest or 2nd lowest score. Got a perfect 36 on English though! :)

I wish I could will to to Braylon... :facepalm:

Which section? Science, was the toughest one on the ACT, in my opinion. Didn't practice well for it and the time just wooshed by. Braylon needs to hire a dang tutor...or, better yet, take the ACT and then take the SAT cold or something. Give him another shot at least.

Science was retarded. Mine was all graphs and charts of scientific systems and questions about them. It seemed so easy and yet was my lowest or 2nd lowest score. Got a perfect 36 on English though! :)

I thought the science section was easy. It was always my second best score on my tests, behind math. But I'm majoring in engineering so science wasnt really all that hard for me. It all depends on what your strengths are, mine are math and science.

36 on English, huh? ;) j/k

• Fire 1