Rumor: Zac Lee

i havent heard much other than some very vague, unsubstantiated tricklings that his elbow is blown out again.

so no, i know nothing.

Thanks for the response. I heard a strong rumor from a friend I can usually trust, but you never know...I thought I'd ask you guys.

Bo says Zac is fine and should be able to play Saturday.

In Bo-Speak, that can mean anything from "Zac is actually fine" to "Zac died an hour ago." I wouldn't trust a thing Bo says when it comes to injuries. If you trust your source, I would believe what they're telling you.

I also fully expect Cody Green to start against Kansas and play most, if not all, of the game.

:yeah

No! I finally got tickets to this game. I want to see T Mart play!

My thoughts exactly! This is BS

i havent heard much other than some very vague, unsubstantiated tricklings that his elbow is blown out again.

so no, i know nothing.

Thanks for the response. I heard a strong rumor from a friend I can usually trust, but you never know...I thought I'd ask you guys.

In Bo-Speak, that can mean anything from "Zac is actually fine" to "Zac died an hour ago." I wouldn't trust a thing Bo says when it comes to injuries. If you trust your source, I would believe what they're telling you.

I also fully expect Cody Green to start against Kansas and play most, if not all, of the game.

:yeah

No! I finally got tickets to this game. I want to see T Mart play!

My thoughts exactly! This is BS

I think T-Mart plays for a half to get back into game motion, getting ready for aTm! Thats all I am asking for. :wasted

so no, i know nothing.

Pretty much hearing the same abot Lee. I guess he is done, and T-Mart is still very sore, and unlikely to play. I think this has become the worst kept secret in Lincoln... Or everyone of us has been bushwhacked...

I am more than a little frustrated with Bo's handling of this. Either spill it, or make no comments, the cloak and dagger stuff seems a little bush league to me...

Unless Green goes down nothing is going to change. You will see Green take the majority of the snaps with some wild kitty cat mixed in. Burning Carnes redshirt this late in the season would be a huge waste. Like it or not we need to all get behind Green and hope he can carry the load until Martinez is 100%. If you have an old bottle of 1994-1995 kool-aid on your shelf this is the time to blow the dust off and drink it. Green is our QB Husker Nation, time to ride the wave.

If Martinez is not ready for the A+M game in a few weeks could we see Carnes burn his redshirt or are their any other viable QB's we could insert into the game? I would hate to see Carnes burn his RS this late in the season though. Im not that impressed with Green.

If Martinez isn't ready for the aTm game you might as well chalk that one up as a loss. There is no reason to burn Carnes redshirt this late in the season and I don't think Bo would do that. He's aware of how big of a deal that would be to the team. Granted I know he'll do what's best for the team, but I don't think that'll be an option at all. We would see Washington before Carnes' redshirt was burned.

If Martinez is not ready for the A+M game in a few weeks could we see Carnes burn his redshirt or are their any other viable QB's we could insert into the game? I would hate to see Carnes burn his RS this late in the season though. Im not that impressed with Green.

Why on earth would you burn a redshirt in the eleventh regular season game so a kid with zero game experience could make his first career start at a place like Kyle Field? :facepalm:

• Fire 2

Unless Green goes down nothing is going to change. You will see Green take the majority of the snaps with some wild kitty cat mixed in. Burning Carnes redshirt this late in the season would be a huge waste. Like it or not we need to all get behind Green and hope he can carry the load until Martinez is 100%. If you have an old bottle of 1994-1995 kool-aid on your shelf this is the time to blow the dust off and drink it. Green is our QB Husker Nation, time to ride the wave.

OK... I am stupid about this but can someone explain to me why you cannot just make Rex a QB for the game? If Green went down last week could you make a roster change and have Rex (or someone else) play QB... I'm assuming this is first grade stuff, but for the life of me I dont know...

This will never, ever, ever happen. Ever.

OK... I am stupid about this but can someone explain to me why you cannot just make Rex a QB for the game? If Green went down last week could you make a roster change and have Rex (or someone else) play QB... I'm assuming this is first grade stuff, but for the life of me I dont know...

I'm not a coach so I don't know the entirety of the reasons, but from my perspective there are a few big ones.

1. Rex doesn't know the plays from the quarterback position. He knows his base package of wildcat plays, but since he is in fact a runningback, he's taught a runningback's role. He has no clue how the reads, progressions, audibles and etc. work from that position on the field.

2. It completely takes away our passing game, so teams can pin their ears back without having to worry about it. Rex was a quarterback in high school, sure, but it takes so much more than you think to be able to throw a decent ball in the college game. Look at Cody Green, he is a D1 caliber quarterback and still has a hard time completing passes that, to the fans, seem simple and easy. Imagine how much worse Rex would look throwing those balls.

Why on earth would you burn a redshirt in the eleventh regular season game so a kid with zero game experience could make his first career start at a place like Kyle Field? :facepalm:

Ask Harrison and Dukes that question. chuckleshuffle Though Dukes said no.

Though Bo doesn't seem like the kind of coach that would do this, but it has happened before in this program.

I'm not a coach so I don't know the entirety of the reasons, but from my perspective there are a few big ones.

1. Rex doesn't know the plays from the quarterback position. He knows his base package of wildcat plays, but since he is in fact a runningback, he's taught a runningback's role. He has no clue how the reads, progressions, audibles and etc. work from that position on the field.

2. It completely takes away our passing game, so teams can pin their ears back without having to worry about it. Rex was a quarterback in high school, sure, but it takes so much more than you think to be able to throw a decent ball in the college game. Look at Cody Green, he is a D1 caliber quarterback and still has a hard time completing passes that, to the fans, seem simple and easy. Imagine how much worse Rex would look throwing those balls.

I understand the player difficulties, I was more concerned about NCAA rules. If Cody went down last week, we would not of been forced to play T-Mart or Lee, and possibly hurt them more, at that point we could of subbed someone else, correct?

Also at this point, it truly sounds like we have one QB able to play. We could be getting guys touches in that department to run a basic O if needed, simple passes, maybe slightly more complex runs... More curious than anything....

Ask Harrison and Dukes that question. chuckleshuffle Though Dukes said no.

Though Bo doesn't seem like the kind of coach that would do this, but it has happened before in this program.

The Bill Callahan Era is not "this program." It was an entirely separate animal from the long-standing culture of Nebraska football. You cannot seriously put that out there and expect it to be taken at face value.