Wats will go to CO at the end of the year

The more I think about it, the more I think the Pirate would be a perfect fit in Boulder. If he'd take the gig, that is. I think it's a better job than Minnesota, where his name has also been mentioned. Personally, I don't want us to have to play against him in the B10.

I don't want to tangle with Leach anymore, either. That dude has our number. And if he goes to Colorado, imagine how horrible it would be playing those guys in Boulder. It's bad enough chasing their WRs all over the field at sea level in Waco. Having to do the equivalent of wind sprints all game long against that offense at 5,280 feet while they're totally accustomed to the conditions would be murder.

For this reason alone CU should hire him. Also, NU played against him in Lubbock...though I imagine there isn't much difference between the two.

Some people have been saying since he came from colorado that he would want to end up back there

Some people liked Crystal Pepsi too.

I was one of those people, loved the stuff.

You're an old, rare breed my friend. For that I give you a +1.

Unfortunately I was 1 of the 5 total people who enjoyed it.

Geez. I liked it too. :facepalm:

Listening to Denver sports radio, those fans who supposedly wanted Watson out must have a short memory, because they've been bringing up his name for two days' straight now.

And yeah, it'd be cool to get Frost back in some capacity, if he'd actually want to leave Oregon. I mean, he is a coach for the #1 team in the nation.

I hope Wats is going nowhere. That guy busts his ass for us to work with what has been some very limited pieces on offense, and has been both extremely flexible in tailoring it to our strengths, and adept at finding good ways to win.

Some guys want to get rid of him thinking we are going to get someone like Malzahn as a replacement, but I promise you the replacement is a long shot to be better, especially considering who the replacement is likely to be. I just hope we hold onto this guy as long as we can.

• Fire 2

If Watson leaves and takes on of our O coordinators with him, I think we make a move to bring Scott Frost into the program. Not as OC, still a little young and in need of a couple more years of coaching experience, but bringing him in and having him bring some of Oregon's blur offense with him.

I would love to see Frost back here. I think he currently is the WR coach at Oregon. He could take Gilmores position if he chose to leave with Watson. Frost could certainly give us some pointers on how the WR should work in this style of offense. Plus he has the Nebraska pedigree which is always a plus.

Frost and Pelini don't see eye to eye for some reason.

Kyle Ringo's twitter:

Here are a few names known to be on Colorado's radar. Troy Calhoun, Jon Gruden, Brent Venables, Mike Bellotti, Les Miles and Bill McCartney

Colorado assistant coaches have been told they will be paid through the end of January. No other severance package has been announced

LINK

I heard McCartney's name come up earlier this year. We used to have some battles with his CU teams. I don't see him coming back though but then again stranger things have happened. Venables seems like an interesting candidate.

McCartney has said publicly that he would be interested if CU was interested in him.

link

If Watson leaves and takes on of our O coordinators with him, I think we make a move to bring Scott Frost into the program. Not as OC, still a little young and in need of a couple more years of coaching experience, but bringing him in and having him bring some of Oregon's blur offense with him.

I would love to see Frost back here. I think he currently is the WR coach at Oregon. He could take Gilmores position if he chose to leave with Watson. Frost could certainly give us some pointers on how the WR should work in this style of offense. Plus he has the Nebraska pedigree which is always a plus.

Too much so, if you ask me.

Unless we've groomed a guy like Beck to take Watson's place, I hope we go get some young guy that Watson or Pelini is familiar with, screw the prior Nebraska connections.

IF Watson leaves, Pelini's going to bring in the right guy. Bo knows what he wants the offense to be, and he has enough contacts throughout college football and the NFL that he's going to find somebody who can move the offense in the right direction. Even if it means hiring somebody he doesn't know (which is how Frank Solich hired Bo Pelini - on a recommendation from Monte Kiffin). Trust Bo. It's his program, and he wants to win championships more than we all do.

IF Watson leaves, Pelini's going to bring in the right guy. Bo knows what he wants the offense to be, and he has enough contacts throughout college football and the NFL that he's going to find somebody who can move the offense in the right direction. Even if it means hiring somebody he doesn't know (which is how Frank Solich hired Bo Pelini - on a recommendation from Monte Kiffin). Trust Bo. It's his program, and he wants to win championships more than we all do.

I 100% agree with you and hope that will be the case, if/when it comes to it.

I'm not yet convinced that he won't just promote Barney Cotton, though.

Kyle Ringo's twitter:

Here are a few names known to be on Colorado's radar. Troy Calhoun, Jon Gruden, Brent Venables, Mike Bellotti, Les Miles and Bill McCartney

Colorado assistant coaches have been told they will be paid through the end of January. No other severance package has been announced

LINK

I just cant see the Mad Hatter leaving LSU. Or Belotti coming out of retirement to coach Colorado.

Yeah that won't happen. Neither will Gruden, even suggesting it is laughable. He could have easily taken the Notre Dame job last year had he wanted it. So I highly doubt he sees Boulder as a better option than both the Irish and his cushy ESPN contract. Sometimes I think Chucky's agents have a deal with every sports outlet in the country to name drop him into any discussion involving a vacant HC position. They probably even get free swag sent to them like Coke or Oreos might give you for mentioning their brand on air. Maybe a little Chucky doll with a $20 bill in it's hand.........

chucky2.jpg

Kyle Ringo's twitter:

LINK

I just cant see the Mad Hatter leaving LSU. Or Belotti coming out of retirement to coach Colorado.

Yeah that won't happen. Neither will Gruden, even suggesting it is laughable. He could have easily taken the Notre Dame job last year had he wanted it. So I highly doubt he sees Boulder as a better option than both the Irish and his cushy ESPN contract. Sometimes I think Chucky's agents have a deal with every sports outlet in the country to name drop him into any discussion involving a vacant HC position. They probably even get free swag sent to them like Coke or Oreos might give you for mentioning their brand on air. Maybe a little Chucky doll with a $20 bill in it's hand.........

chucky2.jpg

I think this guy is delusional. Why in the HELL would the Mad Hatter even consider coming to CU? Not sure you can trust a name on that list, other than McCartney ...

I think they should just go get Chris Peterson so he can bring Boise State level of talent with him and they could dominate week in and week out. Wait that didnt work with Hawkins so forget about that. <_<

Also Les Miles would have to be a complete retard to take that job, Michigan will be calling him pretty soon and Gruden would never take it either because when he wants to go back to coaching he will have his pick of NFL jobs.

As far as Frost goes, don’t you think that if Bo wanted him on his staff he would have hired him the first time?