Wats will go to CO at the end of the year

I think it'll be awhile before CU announces a new coach because another strong rumor is circulating that their AD Mike Bohn might resign soon. Apparently Kansas has him on their short list for AD and Bohn is a KU graduate and he also played football and baseball there in the early 80's.

I don't think the CU President/Chancellor would allow Bohn to hire the next coach and then leave for another job shortly afterwards. My guess is they'll want to know if Bohn is staying at CU or not before they proceed to look for another football coach.

have read some where that CU is interested in bringing back McCartney, he has said he would welcome the return if it happened. I would see no good reason to bring him back since most players were not even born the last time this man coached at CU.

Good lord, can you imagine? Maybe McCartney is watching Synder at KSU and getting jealous.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Pirate would be a perfect fit in Boulder. If he'd take the gig, that is. I think it's a better job than Minnesota, where his name has also been mentioned. Personally, I don't want us to have to play against him in the B10.

have read some where that CU is interested in bringing back McCartney, he has said he would welcome the return if it happened. I would see no good reason to bring him back since most players were not even born the last time this man coached at CU.

Good lord, can you imagine? Maybe McCartney is watching Synder at KSU and getting jealous.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Pirate would be a perfect fit in Boulder. If he'd take the gig, that is. I think it's a better job than Minnesota, where his name has also been mentioned. Personally, I don't want us to have to play against him in the B10.

Agreed, that mad scientist drove me crazy when we would play him. I dont want him to come to the big 10 and give me a heart attack.

This is my first time doing a Thread on this board so let me know how I am doing and bear with me

I'd give this thread an 86. It's got a good beat, you can dance to it, but it doesn't have that "hook" that you need.

You probably should have led off with pictures of CU cheerleaders, then segued into a discussion of how much Ralphie looks like an overgrown hamster, then gotten into the Hawkins thing. And you should have included something about intramurals. And 10 wins. And pizza boxes. And waaaaay more emoticons. And you should have finished with "GBR!"

Basically, something like this:

92906041.jpg

:espnsucks: Colorado cheers as Hawkins is canned! :espnsucks: The great hamster of the foothills runs free again! :nanalama

Ralphie__1_.jpg

Hawkins can go coach Intramurals now, brotha! :yeah:rollin

How's your worst day as a Buffalo, Hawk? Still better than the bestest day as a Husker? :clap:lol::clap

With Hawkins gone, Colorado will get ten wins this year, guaranteed!!!! :LOLtartar:wasted

No more pizza boxes to recruits, too. Too bad!

Pizza_Box.jpg

See ya, Hawkins! Thanks for the mammaries!

GBR!

Now, THAT would have been an epic thread.

Watson isn't going to Colorado. There was thread after thread after thread at CU message boards saying how glad they were to be rid of him when he left last time. They're not taking him back, especially not at Head Coach.

I'm pretty sure message boards don't set the standards for who an athletic director hires. Check Auburn a few years ago. Who saw that coming?

Right now Wats would be a sensible choice. Roots in the program. Offense is playing well. Experience with one of the best defensive minds in football. Young.

You could do worse.

I don't want to tangle with Leach anymore, either. That dude has our number. And if he goes to Colorado, imagine how horrible it would be playing those guys in Boulder. It's bad enough chasing their WRs all over the field at sea level in Waco. Having to do the equivalent of wind sprints all game long against that offense at 5,280 feet while they're totally accustomed to the conditions would be murder.

It's not like Colorado can sit back and select whomever they wish by pointing a diamond flecked finger at one of many incredibly high caliber candidates.

Pederson was shocked at how hard it was to find a viable option after he dismissed Coach Solich, and you have a TON more in place here at NU then you do in Boulder.

Colorado has the following hindrances for any head coach to consider:

1.) It's a pro town/state. The Broncos are infinitely more important than the Buffaloes to most sports fans in Colorado.

2.) The facilities are horrible...really, really bad.

3.) The University is in dire straits economically...which means there is zero money to spend on facility upgrades.

4.) Booster indifference. Raising money for the Cornhuskers isn't akin to playing tiddlywinks, but it is compared to getting Colorado business folk to open up their wallets for an afterthought up in Boulder.

5.) Four long years of terrible football means a pretty substantial rebuilding phase. From the time they were absolutely annihilated by Texas in the CCG five years ago, the talent and production decline has been nothing short of precipitous. That job feels like a Sisyphean endeavor at this point.

So, I believe speculation on who Colorado is going to select is a little premature. I think a more accurate way to phrase Colorado's situation is to ask who they are going to settle for, rather than who they are going to choose. I think CU is about to get Callahanned.