How will our D do against A+M's offense

I don't think they'll be able to throw on us. The only team to do that successfully was OSU and aTm is no OSU. It'll come down to the run game and whether our D-line and linebackers can stop their run game. We've had problems against mobile QB's so this could be an issue on Saturday.

Yes, OSU clearly showed their dominance over A&M by beating them at home on the last play of the game after the Aggies turned it over 5 times.....

:facepalm:

I don't think they'll be able to throw on us. The only team to do that successfully was OSU and aTm is no OSU. It'll come down to the run game and whether our D-line and linebackers can stop their run game. We've had problems against mobile QB's so this could be an issue on Saturday.

Yes, OSU clearly showed their dominance over A&M by beating them at home on the last play of the game after the Aggies turned it over 5 times.....

:facepalm:

Hey, that's the way the ball falls sometimes unfortunately. I'll give you that you guys have gotten better as the season has gone on, but I still think OSU is the better team.

Like most football games, the battle up front on both sides of the ball will be the deciding factor in who wins on Saturday night. If Bo decides to let Prince cover Fuller man to man and not provide safety help, the Aggies will have to take some shots against him and hope for the best, like OSU did with Blackmon. Nebraska's key will be how they attempt to cover A&M's slot recievers (Swope/Nwachaku) and therefore how many men they commit to the box. Six or less and we'll attempt to run Gray and Tannehill. Seven or more and we'll try to take advantage of the man to man matchups on our recievers.

Should be an interesting and fun matchup between two talented units.

The slot recievers will be blanketed by Gomes and Hagg, so I dont expect the slots to be a huge factor.

OU took the same approach and Swope burned them for 8 catches, 136 yards and a touchdown. It will be intersting to see if Hagg can can follow him around the field all night.

Hagg is arguably our best defender, and if you ask Carl Pelini he'll tell you that he is in fact our best player on D. We have one of the best secondaries in the nation. The only thing that concerns me is aTm's running game along with a mobile QB. Mobile QBs have given us fits this year.

Like most football games, the battle up front on both sides of the ball will be the deciding factor in who wins on Saturday night. If Bo decides to let Prince cover Fuller man to man and not provide safety help, the Aggies will have to take some shots against him and hope for the best, like OSU did with Blackmon. Nebraska's key will be how they attempt to cover A&M's slot recievers (Swope/Nwachaku) and therefore how many men they commit to the box. Six or less and we'll attempt to run Gray and Tannehill. Seven or more and we'll try to take advantage of the man to man matchups on our recievers.

The slot recievers will be blanketed by Gomes and Hagg, so I dont expect the slots to be a huge factor.

OU took the same approach and Swope burned them for 8 catches, 136 yards and a touchdown. It will be intersting to see if Hagg can can follow him around the field all night.

This isn't OU. This will be the best secondary A&M's QB and receivers will face during their college career.

• Fire 1

This isn't OU. This will be the best secondary A&M's QB and receivers will face during their college career.

This is my first time here. I like what I have seen so far. Some pretty level headed fans.

I think the two teams match up VERY well. It will come down to who brings their A game on Saturday.

I think the biggest factor I haven't seen mentioned yet in this thread will be the fans. The 12th Man is sure to be on high alert with the #9 Huskers coming to town. Home Field advantage may just swing the tides in this game.

aTm only had 2 passign TDs against OU. Only one against Mizzou. We should be able to do at least that good. Our pass defense is a LOT better than OU or Mizzou.

aTm only had 2 passign TDs against OU. Only one against Mizzou. We should be able to do at least that good. Our pass defense is a LOT better than OU or Mizzou.

OU was a tough game for sure. But the MIZZOU game was with our old QB and before we (Aggies) started this serious upward trend. So I would say that is probably not a good measuring stick.

OU was a tough game for sure. But the MIZZOU game was with our old QB and before we (Aggies) started this serious upward trend. So I would say that is probably not a good measuring stick.

So why did you only have one passing TD against Baylor yesterday? They have one of the worst pass defenses in the nation.

So why did you only have one passing TD against Baylor yesterday? They have one of the worst pass defenses in the nation.

We didn't need to pass the ball when Cyrus Gray was running it down their throat.

But we had 3 Passing TD's called back on interesting flags. So the stats are a little skewed. And we passed the ball down to the goal line several times to then run it in. Tannehill had 280 yards. Not a bad day passing.

I think A&M will put a few drives together, mostly with the run, and your QB should be able to get some yards on scrambles. But he'll have a long night against our secondary. If NU can avoid the mental errors we've seen lately, it should be a solid win for the Huskers. If not, it could be a slugfest. That said I'm really not too worried about the 12th man. Nebraska has *definitely* played much better on the road this season than at home.

The real question is how NU's offense fairs against A&M's defense. In 4 road games so far, we've scored 56, 48, 51 and 31 (in OT). I say 24 points wins this for NU. If A&M can score more than 21 on our D, I'm a monkey's uncle.

I think A&M will put a few drives together, mostly with the run, and your QB should be able to get some yards on scrambles. But he'll have a long night against our secondary. If NU can avoid the mental errors we've seen lately, it should be a solid win for the Huskers. If not, it could be a slugfest. That said I'm really not too worried about the 12th man. Nebraska has *definitely* played much better on the road this season than at home.

The real question is how NU's offense fairs against A&M's defense. In 4 road games so far, we've scored 56, 48, 51 and 31 (in OT). I say 24 points wins this for NU. If A&M can score more than 21 on our D, I'm a monkey's uncle.

Blackemon (sp?) lit up your hoss corner for 157 yards. Fuller is just as physical. If you go one on one with no safety help I think Fuller has a decent game. But a slugfest is exactly what I expect.