Big play Paul???

All this talk of Paul having big play potential brings up the question: what big play potential? It was pointed out during the game Saturday that during his 3 years at the position Paul only has 5 receiving TDs total. Throw in a few return TDs and we are up to 8. EIGHT??? I think Big play means the ability to put it in the end zone. Heck Mike McNeill has more TDs!!! I'll give you that Paul has that potential as a return man with 3 TDs but as a receiver he is average.

I think this also showcases the lack of depth on the offense that no one can over take him.

We would be remiss if we didn't mention the fact that he has exceptional blocking skills. And it's perimeter blocking that turns 20 yard rushes into touchdowns.

This is very true. And we would also be remiss if we didn't mention the fact that Niles' 101-yard TD return was due in large part to his blazing speed. The guy is fast, he's very capable, and he can make some damned tough catches (as we saw in the KU game).

That's what's so maddening about Niles. This state wants to have a big ol' Niles Paul love affair like we did with Suh last year, but he keeps dropping the ball on us.

I want to see Niles Paul do well every game. Did a good job against Kansas. Just needs to keep doing what he's doing. I think his big play potential comes not necessarily with touchdowns but in the big gains. Getting us the yards in key situations to keep drives going. He has the speed definitely just like knapplc said. We will see if he can pull off a Purify. GO BIG RED!!!

I want to say that my opinion on Paul has been constant since he started returning kicks and I'm not just jumping on the Paul Sucks bandwagon. As a reciever, he's fast and can get open but is inconsistent catching the ball (notice how every other week there is a "Niles Paul Redeems Himself" story). But as a kick and punt return, he is one of the worst. Given how easily Bo gets upset, I'm surprised he doesn't have a heart attack every time Niles lets the ball bounce 1 yard in front of him and roll just past his foot. He should not be returning kicks. I don't care if he had a really good return against Oklahoma State this year and Texas last year. Also, on that note, against Texas, the whole 1 second incident would have been entirely avoided if Paul could have gotten past the punter to score a touchdown. Big time returners make the punters miss every time

I'm glad someone came up with this to prove that touchdowns are the most OVERRATED stat in sports. So if we handed the ball off to our #3 running back on the goal everytime because he was a big back and he scored 2 yard touchdowns, and the #1 running back had 70 yards on the drive with no touchdowns---Who is better?

No I'm not saying Niles Paul is Jerry Rice, but he has very solid yards per catch average, and is a good punt and kick returner.

I'm glad someone came up with this to prove that touchdowns are the most OVERRATED stat in sports. So if we handed the ball off to our #3 running back on the goal everytime because he was a big back and he scored 2 yard touchdowns, and the #1 running back had 70 yards on the drive with no touchdowns---Who is better?

No I'm not saying Niles Paul is Jerry Rice, but he has very solid yards per catch average, and is a good punt and kick returner.

I understand what you're saying, but I'd be careful with this statement. Teams that score the fewest TDs in the nation and give up the most TDs in the nation win very few games... just sayin.