Cotton should have kicked harder

SECHusker

for the guy to have the ball, and then throw a kick from the bottom of the pile?!! Even the ref seemed to grab his leg then throw the flag!!! Did the ref say, sorry son, i know your junk is getting stomped on, but lets not try to kick someone that is not there!!! that is unsportsmanlike :facepalm:

for the guy to have the ball, and then throw a kick from the bottom of the pile?!! Even the ref seemed to grab his leg then throw the flag!!! Did the ref say, sorry son, i know your junk is getting stomped on, but lets not try to kick someone that is not there!!! that is unsportsmanlike :facepalm:

I guarantee Cotton's leg is dark blue/black right now. If anyone's ever had a thin layer of fat on their arm or leg squeezed hard, you know how extremely painful it is, and how badly it bruises. Then add the fact that's it by a 300 pound, extremely strong football player, and Cotton was unable to defend himself.

I can't imagine there are coaches that condone this crap, especially with the respect between Sherman and Pelini, but who knows for sure?

Watching this again, that DT has his hand so far up between Cotton's legs it was embarrassing to watch. Way at the end of the play too. No point in it at all. Maybe it's the slowmo, but it looked like Cotton was just using his foot to push the guy's arm out of his ass.

The extra kick at the end is what got him.

I hope people don't take the comments I've made about this play the wrong way. I'd do the same thing in his position, but there's not a whole lot to complain to the refs about. That has to get called, unfortunately. If he had seen the defender, I think that should have been called as well. Alas.