Perlman unhappy with Bo's sideline behavior

HuskerNMO

cscott2win,

My feelings exactly. We need him here, but he has to make the efforts to be here. This is a big deal no matter what some think. You can not represent the University of Nebraska like that. It would not surprise me to hear that the Big Ten has made comments to Chancellor Pearlman and Coach Osborne.

the big 10, home to such legendary coaches as woody hayes and bobby knight.

This was a major embarassement for the program, Bo and the University of Nebraska. What we saw last night was not the Nebraska way of handling things.

The only embarrassment was how badly the refs screwed us. Do I agree with every thing Bo does or his demeanor at times, no. But I'm pretty satisfied that he was telling the refs how badly they were screwing us.

I think Perlman needs to talk with Sherman about #83 on the Atm team about how sportsmanlike he showed his team to be. Redirect some of this towards the area that may have been partially the cause of Bo's meltdown. I'm sure after watching film and sending the clips to our beloved Conference Headquarters in Bevoland that they will act accordingly., :sarcasm

GBR

prolly just suspend martin and courtney too.

polo,

Your memory always seems to fail you.

I stated that I did not want him here for many reasons, one was his inability to control his temper, but not the main reason. His inability to control the team in San Antonio, was another and his questionable actions in recruiting while at Oklahoma was another. I was shocked he would have been considered, for numerous in house problems he was involved with.

I also stated he was supported by a large booster and was hired long before we were privy to it due to financial dealings from said booster. Weeks before if you remember.

I stopped all support from my family due to those things that I was privy to during that time. I truly expected nothing but continual problems, recruiting and accademicly wise. I was afraid he would run wild and might have a tendency to work against the program rather than for it due to temper issues

I admitted I was totally wrong on Bo and agreed with all on here that he was the right choice. I have supported him since and still do. I think he is a perfect fit for the program other than his actions on the sidelines. I have supported all of his hires, his dismisals of players and his actions with the press.

Bo is Bo, very similar to Coach Devaney, but Devaney was not under the microscope like Bo is.

Last night was not good, and I hope he cleans up his act, he is the face of the University, the people of the State of Nebraska to the rest of the country. I was not proud of him last night. Which I might add I have been for most of his three years here.

I think he will get it this time. He had a similar problem with the VaTech game the first year, Coach Osborne got him under control. Last night was a hose job, why I do not know. But Bo has to be better than that, I know he is and will make the improvements we all want from him.

As I have stated many times, I want us to win, but I am more concerned about the reputation of the University. All my thoughts and actions are for that.

I remember all of that thanks.

Some of us have more modesty, and have connections and donations as some people on this board too. I just find it odd we're getting a panties in a wad over how Pelini is making our team look now and everything was for the most part hunky-dory when LP was boxing up his girlfriend, the Peter Bros. were playing feelsky at the Brass Rail, at least two athletic programs were skimming money and "creating" scholarships, there was a sexual assault case seemingly every year from 1995-2000. oh and several rumors of PED use throughout the afthletic dept.

Boards like this didn't exist, but there was a lot less cross waving and "I can't support a coach that lets this happen" during those salad days.

polo,

Your memory always seems to fail you.

I stated that I did not want him here for many reasons, one was his inability to control his temper, but not the main reason. His inability to control the team in San Antonio, was another and his questionable actions in recruiting while at Oklahoma was another. I was shocked he would have been considered, for numerous in house problems he was involved with.

I also stated he was supported by a large booster and was hired long before we were privy to it due to financial dealings from said booster. Weeks before if you remember.

I stopped all support from my family due to those things that I was privy to during that time. I truly expected nothing but continual problems, recruiting and accademicly wise. I was afraid he would run wild and might have a tendency to work against the program rather than for it due to temper issues

I admitted I was totally wrong on Bo and agreed with all on here that he was the right choice. I have supported him since and still do. I think he is a perfect fit for the program other than his actions on the sidelines. I have supported all of his hires, his dismisals of players and his actions with the press.

Bo is Bo, very similar to Coach Devaney, but Devaney was not under the microscope like Bo is.

Last night was not good, and I hope he cleans up his act, he is the face of the University, the people of the State of Nebraska to the rest of the country. I was not proud of him last night. Which I might add I have been for most of his three years here.

I think he will get it this time. He had a similar problem with the VaTech game the first year, Coach Osborne got him under control. Last night was a hose job, why I do not know. But Bo has to be better than that, I know he is and will make the improvements we all want from him.

As I have stated many times, I want us to win, but I am more concerned about the reputation of the University. All my thoughts and actions are for that.

I remember all of that thanks.

Some of us have more modesty, and have connections and donations as some people on this board too. I just find it odd we're getting a panties in a wad over how Pelini is making our team look now and everything was for the most part hunky-dory when LP was boxing up his girlfriend, the Peter Bros. were playing feelsky at the Brass Rail, at least two athletic programs were skimming money and "creating" scholarships, there was a sexual assault case seemingly every year from 1995-2000. oh and several rumors of PED use throughout the afthletic dept.

Boards like this didn't exist, but there was a lot less cross waving and "I can't support a coach that lets this happen" during those salad days.

• Fire 1

all i know is i explicitly trust perlman and osborne. these are two of the most intelligent, cunning men in division one sports. nothing, NOTHING, they do is off the cuff, if you will. we may not know the reason, but everything from their past "performances" indicates they are infinitely smarter than any poster on this board. so im gonna side with giving the perlman a pass here.

I trust and respect TO tremendously, but Perlman? You do remember the Pederson/Callahan fiasco, correct? Harvey has done some good, and some bad. I don't think that he needed to make a public announcement.

From ESPN/AP

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5835532

OMAHA, Neb. -- Nebraska chancellor Harvey Perlman isn't happy with coach Bo Pelini's behavior.

Perlman told The Associated Press on Sunday that Pelini's verbal assault of officials during Saturday's game at Texas A&M did not reflect well on the university or the football program.

The game was televised on ABC, and Perlman called camera shots of Pelini's outbursts "unfortunate." He said he, athletic director Tom Osborne or both of them will address the matter with Pelini. Perlman wouldn't speculate on whether disciplinary action would be taken.

agreed, Bo needs to grow up if he wants to be respected!

He is respected.

Jtrain,

You have to understand that we are not normal fans. We are a very small part of the fan base. The fan base is made up mostly of people ranging from 35 to 90 years old, is my guess. It is not win at any cost for most of the fan base, love of the University and what it brings to the community and the state of Nebraska. It is not MNC or CC's, it is representing the people and the state in an above board way. My guess is this is going to get a lot more attention, could end up with Bo not being allowed on the field for a game.

This was a major embarassement for the program, Bo and the University of Nebraska. What we saw last night was not the Nebraska way of handling things.

This may be the one thing that will get him under control. He is a great coach, has truly changed the thought process for the team, but he needs to lead by actions and unfortunately he is not. He would never allow his players to act like he did last night and as he has in the past.

I agree we got hosed, but his actions should be above what we saw. They have to be.

I hate this statement! What exactly is the Nebraska way? I was born in Nebraska, went to school in Nebraska, graduated college in Nebraska and now live and work in Nebraska. I'm as Nebraska as they come and I would have handled it the exact same way Bo did. Eye for an Eye baby, screw with my Nebraska way and I'll shove your Nebraska way where the sun don't shine. There is quite a few people in this state and I really don't think you can lump them all into your so called "Nebraska Way"

Oh god. What is wrong with people? Someone in another thread reminded us how it wasn't long ago we got to watch Callahan calmly pace the sidelines while we were down 30-10 to some completely average team. Now we have some really questionable things going on with officials and it cost us a big game. And Bo passionately wants to win these big games and isn't going hold back his emotion too much.

The fact that this is bothersome to Perlman while the refs situation apparently is not... well, that should be bothersome to us.

ffs people, no one is asking for a coach that does nothing. we're asking for a passionate coach that can refrain from melting down on the sideline.

stop bringing Callahan into this conversation, he is completely irrelevant to the current situation.

Using Callahan as a point of comparison isn't saying he's relevant to the current situation.

You and I have different definitions of meltdown. As long as Bo keeps his priorities straight and is able to coach the defense well until the end of the game, there is no meltdown in my book. The only tangible cost of all his screaming and cussing was five penalty yards that didn't end up costing us anything.

Bo represents the University. The display last night was not a positive for the University. Losing is one thing, but be publicly embarassed by the head coach is another. I still think we will see something from the Big 12 regarding it.

No matter how loyal we are, and how much we like Bo, he is the face of the University more so than Coach Osborne or Chancelor Pearlman. He has to get himself under control quickly or my guess is he will be gone.

Honestly people thought TO was a cheater even though he was a nice guy. All his mild mannered demeanor didn't mean squat after LP drug some girl down the stairs by her hair. After that TO was a win at all costs coach. Bottom line is people are always going to hate Big Red as long as we are one of the best football programs in the nation. They'll find reasons.