Alex Henery

PaulCrewe

His only miss this year was blocked. I can't remember correctly but wasn't it because of a great personal play in combination of Henry striking it too low that got it blocked. If it wasn't blocked it was going in. Whoever votes on these things really dropped the ball on the Groza award. Heck maybe they'll come up with a new award based on Henery for the best two way kicker in the future (yeah right <_<).

I was at the A&M game and watching Henery warm up during pre-game. He was kicking FGs toward the north endzone and kept moving back as he went. As I turned to answer my wife, an aggy fan that was sitting next to me said HOLY SH%T, their place kicker just hit from 60+ yrds out and it landed in the stands. Henery will go down in Neb. history for being the best kicker ever and I don't think that a trophy will change anyones mind about it.

Even though it would be nice to say that your kicker did win it.

Prince becomes finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award. There will be hard competition from Patrick Peterson of LSU. Henery is left off either best kicker or punter? Am I missing something?

Linky

This is utter crap. Henery has been one of the most consistent P/K in YEARS. HE has an uncanny ability to make a punt just DIE. I remember 2 or 3 punts against the Ags that hit the 4 or 5 bounced straight up and just stayed there.

So what? HE can't kick a 60 yard FG? He's probably the most accurate 50 and under kicker out there. This is pure crap. I PROMISE he'll be the highest drafted P/K this year.

:facepalm: Yes he can.

Such a disgrace that everyone will agree Nebraska's kicker is the best and the one they want kicking the ball with the game on the line to never be nominated for the Groza or Ray Guy award. I think Nebraska will have an exception to the rule for this one. This guy single handly made th 09 season worth watching for offense and how many games has he made the game winning difference? It will probably be at least considered.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I didn't see a thread BUT

Alex Henery, the most accurate place kicker in NSAA HISTORY, is not a finalist for the Lou Groza Award. Never once was he. Here is your WTF moment of the year.

Oh and the kid at Okie Lite is a finalist.

Discuss

what is the NSAA?

Well sir that would be the Nebraska State Activities Associatio. Obcious it was a typo on my part. Shoot me I am HUMAN

Ohhhh. see, I thought you meant NASA and the winner was gonna get to kick a field goal on the moon... That would have been awesome!

I'd say this is every bit as disappointing as the game saturday. Henery is without a doubt going to be one of the biggest pieces we miss next year. The stats don't show everything either. For instance Henery had to kick that 40sum yarder twice saturday due to our false start. Both times the kick looked identical splitting the uprights. I mean we're all stunned if he misses a kick.

Hope Henery gets extra loud cheers when seniors are introduced on Friday so he knows that the fans consider him the best. It's just unreal how automatic he is. Plus I've been spoiled that anytime we have to put from midfield or even beyond, we are likely to pin them inside the 10. The only knock I've heard against him as far as the NFL goes is that he doesn't do kickoffs, but I'd think he could do it pretty well, it's just that Kunalic is better for us.