Martin and Marlowe Under Big XII Review

knapplc

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

No way this comes to a suspension. That would bring way too much focus, after a player suspension already this year, to our program. I highly doubt Sleezby would want that kind of attention this way. It would just turn too many heads our way, with the grumblings about refs, calls, etc. Hope I'm right...

I'm sorry, it sounds like Martin and Marlowe really brought this thing on themselves. Bo must be pissed.

I wonder if their FB profiles are set to private or not. If all the privacy settings are on, it would be an interesting question if this stuff is in the public domain.

If ANY players on the team show this kind of attitude, it's a bad sign. Whining about refs, that's something for us fans to do, not the team, which should be fixing for the next game and taking care of what is under their own control. These are called distractions. Unfortunately, you wonder if they are simply taking the cue from the display our HC put on. One of the bigger reasons why Bo should tone it down in that area.

right, because theyre not human, young, and completely wrapped up in emotional situations and changes. jeez. i mean, is it a dumb move? sure. but come on. these kids arent saints.

It's just a question of team/player discipline. All teams have to deal with this type of stuff, the difference in today's world, though, is that it's so easy to make mistakes online like this. It's just another aspect of coaching and managing a team that everyone has to learn, as well as the players learning what is and isn't allowed.

I'm sorry, it sounds like Martin and Marlowe really brought this thing on themselves. Bo must be pissed.

I wonder if their FB profiles are set to private or not. If all the privacy settings are on, it would be an interesting question if this stuff is in the public domain.

If ANY players on the team show this kind of attitude, it's a bad sign. Whining about refs, that's something for us fans to do, not the team, which should be fixing for the next game and taking care of what is under their own control. These are called distractions. Unfortunately, you wonder if they are simply taking the cue from the display our HC put on. One of the bigger reasons why Bo should tone it down in that area.

right, because theyre not human, young, and completely wrapped up in emotional situations and changes. jeez. i mean, is it a dumb move? sure. but come on. these kids arent saints.

Not expecting them to be. Expecting better lead by example here, because the bottom line is this getting out and getting attention is very bad press for us and extremely unneeded.

Edited by zoogies
messed up quote

Not expecting them to be. Expecting better lead by example here, because the bottom line is this getting out and getting attention is very bad press for us and extremely unneeded.

You think the press or general-public care about some blurb about the officiating on their facebook pages? IMO a few idiots who already hate us might think something of it, that is about it.

If they get suspended while the dirty punks that assaulted Burkhead and Cotton get off free this con is a complete joke.

You think the press or general-public care about some blurb about the officiating on their facebook pages? IMO a few idiots who already hate us might think something of it, that is about it.

If they get suspended while the dirty punks that assaulted Burkhead and Cotton get off free this con is a complete joke.

Too late for that. This conference has been a joke for years, us fans just weren't willing to accept it because it was 'our' conference. It's kind of like when your dating a chick that you think is amazing, only to realize after you break up what a complete bitch she always was.

But, do you really think any focus on "2 Nebraska players complain about officials" is a good thing? Especially if they get suspended. Think about if this were KSU or Florida or some other school. We'd be laughing at them and the apparent state of their program, even if it doesn't mean much.

The whole public perception battle is one we are fighting an uphill battle with this whole season and coming in from last season. Asante and Martin and everyone else with the "dirty hits", Martin's suspension, Osborne's hit on Gabbert being called dirty, the apparent lack of control our coaches have over themselves and their players, even the AD/Chancellor acknowledging it as a problem, and now this. I don't buy any of it for a second but none of it is good publicity.

I don't think this is a matter for the Big XII to get involved in unless it's not handled properly by the university. They should definitely be disciplined by Bo, but stuff like this should only go to the Big XII if it's not adequately handled by their coach.

Like Jarod-Eddie?

oh wait.......

If Beebe actually investigates this, and suspends them, all the while not looking at plays where Burkehead damn near get's his head ripped off, and Cotton getting "molested" it'd bring some serious media attention his way that would not be good.

I don't think it will, no one outside of the Husker world really cares about what happens.