Martin and Marlowe Under Big XII Review

knapplc

Unless they go a lot deeper in investigation, there is no way to prove that these facebook accounts are run by these guys. I could go on facebook right now and start a profile with the name "knapplc". I'm not going to say they didn't write it, but to suspend them without truly knowing seems unlikely. With that being said, I expect to see Martin and Marlowe not playing until the Big XII Championship.

That's true, but my guess is the teams require the kids to register their accounts with the University, so my guess is this is pretty legit.

Yep. UNL Compliance have their own accounts on Twitter and Facebook and follow their athletes in order to monitor them. If Compliance is listed among their friends/followers it's almost certainly a legit player account. That said, Compliance apparently got fooled recently by a fake Niles Paul Twitter account. Luckily the person running it didn't do anything that could get Niles in trouble.

I know larger corporations have entire teams dedicated to scouring the web looking for leaked confidential information. The company you work for has the right to fire you for negative comments made towards the company. It wouldnt surprise me in the least if The Big Texas XII-II had a team dedicated to trolling players profiles/blogs.

Unless they go a lot deeper in investigation, there is no way to prove that these facebook accounts are run by these guys. I could go on facebook right now and start a profile with the name "knapplc". I'm not going to say they didn't write it, but to suspend them without truly knowing seems unlikely. With that being said, I expect to see Martin and Marlowe not playing until the Big XII Championship.

That's true, but my guess is the teams require the kids to register their accounts with the University, so my guess is this is pretty legit.

Did not know this. Either way, we'll see them in the B12CG.

Aren't their profiles private? I looked them up and I have no access to their walls, where I assume they made these comments. If they are private, can they really be considered public domain? How could the Big 12 find this out without invading their privacy? Are they going to start screening the players phones for disparaging texts as well?

That would be one of my first arguments if I represented these guys. If their profiles cannot be accessed by the general public then this should not be an issue. If their profiles are open then that's a different story.

On a side note, if the Big 12 suspends these guys, but leaves that junk-touching Aggie without suspension there are some serious serious problems. I need an upside down Big 12 sign to have as an emoticon here - can we get working on that? :madash

What's facebook?

A massive waste of time.

and huskerboard is not? :lol: the internet rocks! :woo

Well, whatever facebook is, and I've heard whisperings of it, it has gotten people into trouble. Whereas, huskerboard has never gotten me into trouble.... And it depends on what u call a 'waste of time'

if talking Cormhusker Football is a waste of time, at least I'm wasting time with other people. I used to just think inside my own brain all things I type now...

I'll bet the media backs Martin and Marlowe on this. Media types get a bit sensitive to encroachments on the 1st amendment.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Courts have ruled that it applies to state and local governments as well as federal. It doesn't apply to football conferences, corporations, or message boards.

What's facebook?

A massive waste of time.

and huskerboard is not? :lol: the internet rocks! :woo

Well, whatever facebook is, and I've heard whisperings of it, it has gotten people into trouble. Whereas, huskerboard has never gotten me into trouble.... And it depends on what u call a 'waste of time'

if talking Cormhusker Football is a waste of time, at least I'm wasting time with other people. I used to just think inside my own brain all things I type now...

was joking dude :cheers:thumbs

I'll bet the media backs Martin and Marlowe on this. Media types get a bit sensitive to encroachments on the 1st amendment.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Courts have ruled that it applies to state and local governments as well as federal. It doesn't apply to football conferences, corporations, or message boards.

Yeah, the abridging the freedom of speech part. It makes sense to keep coaches/players under control during the game. But is it necessary to muzzle a 19 year old kid from voicing his opinion on a Tuesday? What, is Martin gonna put a helmet-to-helmet verbal hit on Beebe with a facebook status update?