Around the Horn

EZ-E

Anybody ever watch that show? I am watching it right now and they were talking about Bo. Those guys are an absolute f**king joke. I heard them say things like "He is expendable" and if he does something like what he did to TMart again he will "not be coaching at Nebraska," and "his behavior has started to leak onto the field with 16 penalties."

1) They have no idea what context he was yelling at TMart for. So don't twist things to make a story you pukes

2) I would have been alarmed if Bo was not at least a little bit mad about what was going on during that game.

3) They clearly did not watch the game.

I watch it when i can. Bo is expendable. If Bo can't get the offense to play consistently and won't do anything about it then T.O. can show Bo the way out. I like Bo but I love the Huskers more. Honestly if Bo can't see that Watson and the rest of the leftovers from the Callahan era need to go then i have to question his ability to be a H.C.

Biting my tongue very hard at this one.

No doubt. Memories are short.

I saw the show. The question was "are you buying his apology" I was amazed at the outside imaginary image of our program. The were really uninformed about any of this. KB couldn't even remember Osborne's name. The only one that sounded informed was Woody Paige from Denver Post.

PTI did the same thing. People think we (and our program) are stoic passive little quakers.

Let's see.....restored black shirt tradition and has bad-ass defense, competing for conference championship in his 3rd year, great record, beating ranked teams again, at one point this season ranked in top 5, spent most of season in top 10, awesome recruiting class.......

yep, he freaked out on the sideline and is expendable.

Not for me, only for the quakers.

• Fire 1

BTW- what bothered me much more was that there was NOT ONE MENTION OF THE OFFICIATING?!?!

The nation isn't going to pick up this conspiracy stuff. It just becomes cry of the loser. Hopefully we hoist the trophy when it is all said and done. Middle finger to the conference on the way out the door.

The best part was when (I can't remember which of the guy's whose opinion I don't care at all about ) said that because of Bo's attitutde it's showing up in our players, hence the 16 penalties. :facepalm:

And when Blackistone (sp.) called Devaney Duh-Vay-Knee, I just smirked.

Shows like that to me mean nothing, they give their "expert" opinion based on the 30 minutes of internet research they do before the show.

:espnsucks::espnsucks::espnsucks:

An honest title for most ESPN shows would be "Vapid BS with Washouts Who Don't Really Care". The only people I can think off hand on the entire network with interesting things to say about college FB are Palmer, Herbstreit and their BCS wizard.

ESPN's shows that bring all this "controversy" are widely fueled by people who aren't paid primarily by ESPN. The majority of the people on TV that are paid by ESPN for the main part of their job report facts, ie Sports Center (I don't know if anyone from Lincoln remembers or recognizes it, but Dari Nowkhah is a former weekend sports anchor for KLKN 8....) Those other people are brought in to make people watch. We are talking about it, and if a couple of people tune in from this thread alone, they obviously did their job. I agree that some people do know what they're talking about, and a lot of those are the ones that work for ESPN. Not all of them that work for ESPN are great or even good for that matter, but more so than the columnists brought in for ATH..

An honest title for most ESPN shows would be "Vapid BS with Washouts Who Don't Really Care". The only people I can think off hand on the entire network with interesting things to say about college FB are Palmer, Herbstreit and their BCS wizard

"vapid bs with washouts who don't really MATTER.

who gives a rats behind what some guy from (insert generic "qualification" here) says.

I'm personally happy we are even competing, and competing with intensity. Yes we could use more consitency on offense but it takes time. Is it just on the players lacj of execution? No. Is it all on the coaching? No. It just comes down to clearly we are preparing adequtley. Whatever the problem is idk but I sure a poopey hope we figure it out.

I don't know about everybody else, but I am sick and tired of the national media shmuckos saying:

1) Bo Pelini's behavior is out of control and totally uncalled for.

2) There is no conspiracy--the referees are being fair and Husker fans are ridiculous for thinking so.

I try to look at things as objectively as I can despite my Husker bias. I was one who though that the extra second added to the clock in the Texas game was the correct and fair move. But I'm sorry. This whole season minus a game or two has just been pathetic to watch as Nebraska has been on the wrong end of royal Big XII screw job.

My guess is most of these a-holes writing and saying stuff like this didn't even watch the game. How could they? It's the worst officiating since the 1994 Orange Bowl vs. Florida State. Perhaps even worst. I have seen both the Texas and the A&M game with a friend who absolutely loathes Nebraska and she agrees 100%.

The move to the Big 10 cannot come soon enough.

Anybody ever watch that show? I am watching it right now and they were talking about Bo. Those guys are an absolute f**king joke. I heard them say things like "He is expendable" and if he does something like what he did to TMart again he will "not be coaching at Nebraska," and "his behavior has started to leak onto the field with 16 penalties."

1) They have no idea what context he was yelling at TMart for. So don't twist things to make a story you pukes

2) I would have been alarmed if Bo was not at least a little bit mad about what was going on during that game.

I watch it when i can. Bo is expendable. If Bo can't get the offense to play consistently and won't do anything about it then T.O. can show Bo the way out. I like Bo but I love the Huskers more. Honestly if Bo can't see that Watson and the rest of the leftovers from the Callahan era need to go then i have to question his ability to be a H.C.

With indifference to your statement, last time I checked, Bo made his mark as a defensive coach. And past couple of games the D has been pretty solid. I've seen more threads about the lack of "O", than I have the ineffectiveness of the "D".

Watson, if anyone, is expendable.

He made is mark as defensive coach but now he is a head coach and responsible for both sides of the ball. His defense has been good it's just the offense that needs work. If he keeps Watson what that tells me is when he doesn't get a good recruiting class the offense will suck. Why can Bo take 11 players and have a solid defense but can do the same for the offense? If Watson always needs top notch talent then we are in trouble. Bo should want an OC that can take almost anyone and be productive. I don't think that is too much to ask. Why is after 10 games into the season we are having illegal formation penalties? I would expect that the first game or so not after 10. We were more consistent offensively last year cause Bo knew he didn't have one. Looks like Bill Callahan was calling the plays cause Watson seems to have trouble now. I'm not saying get rid of Bo as fast as we can but at some point he needs to fix the offense. If all we did was trade defense for offense what did besides remove a cancer from the team did we accomplish?

I don't know about everybody else, but I am sick and tired of the national media shmuckos saying:

1) Bo Pelini's behavior is out of control and totally uncalled for.

2) There is no conspiracy.

Jason Peter was saying these things on Sunday Sports Soundoff. <_< What do people think of him? Has he earned the right to say these things or is he just trying to get viewers? :dunno

I believe TO hired Watson or pressed for him