Green is Starting

huKSer

I hope watson unleashes him a little bit. I think the guy could be better than what has been shown on the field, part of that is on watson being too conservative with Green in their. This offense has become to predictable, even with Taylor in taking the snaps. I wanna see us line up in the I and shove it down their throats. Then maybe hit'em with playaction pass every once in awhile. I think thats where our offense and oline can excel the most. That seemed to work last year with Lee, see KU game.

Quite frankly, win or lose on Friday Im ready for this season to be over or nice break from Husker football. Too much drama, especially this last week. Im ready to get out of the Big 12 and move on.

Geez I really sound like a negative nancy.

Hopefully Burkhead has been throwing some balls in practice this weekend. I'm still waiting for a throw out of the wildcat.

Me too, I think he has the ability to do it and it would make the stadium go crazy if it worked.

It would be great to see, Burkhead definately has the athleticism. Anything to get the "W".

Cody seems a lot more effective throwing down field rather than those short outs and swing passes and anything else that goes 20 yards sideways and 2 yards down field. A 6 yard gain on a pass isn't going to make the defense play the run any less, especially if it's only a 50% pass. And he just seems more accurate throwing 15 yards down field. Not saying he's Dan Marino, just more effective.

Cody is down on himself the fans and the coaching staff show it. He needs to come out and get a few completions in the first drive so he stops worrying about what people think. His teammates need to come off the line firing and Wide outs need to hang on to the first few passes settle him down and we will roll :espnsucks: Cody you can do it just remember you have a great defense they will cover a few mistakes,hell they nearly covered all the mistakes in Texas.

I have not jumped off the Cody Green boat just yet...but I have my life jacket on and one foot in the water. This is his chance for Big Red redemption. His stock is down (with the fans and coaches), if he underperforms on Friday his stock crashes. This game is the pivotal point in whether Green turns that corner or just sits and spins his wheels. I wish him the best of luck and hope the crowd rallies behind him tomorrow.

• Fire 1