Bo pelinis national blowup a calculated move?

melscott62

So I am talking to my brother(a coach) and he was suggesting that Bo actions might have been on purpose and that he was trying to get national attention. the idea is if everyone notices what has happened so far then if we would happened then the media would be sitting and waiting to jump on any little discrepancy in the big 12 title game. while I doubt Bo did this on purpose, I do think that this will actually be a beneficial side effect. i think if we see a 16-2 again tomorrow or on the 4th AND Bo is able to keep his cool the national media will go off.

In no way do I think it was intentional. It was a culmunation of game things-big game, players acting like this was their first game, injuries, loud crowd, a season of horrible referring, and things not jelling and he just lost it. I support bo in yelling at tmart because it appears it was over the calling of his dad. That dude needs to stay away from the program.

I guess now with the very public melt down, maybe the nations eyes will watch the game looking for evidence of bias.

Interesting. It could be possibility. It has definitely garnered more media attention towards the Big XII. After reading articles and boards this week, speculation is the flavor of the year for NU. I was actually thinking there may be more to all this as well.

I think this may be the last home game for Shawn Watson too. With Chaitlin's article today on Bo and Martinez and his article a few days ago about the offense - I think he is trying to help out the cause for getting Watson removed. Maybe Martinez feels that Watson's game plan relies too much on him. Then you get an article about McNeil. Why don't we use him more - or any of our other athletes more? I can see why he said the problem is systematic. It revolved around the OC. Too much pressure on T-Mart - he feels the heat and ponders transferring. McNeil says I guess you just always be prepared if the ball is thrown your way. I guarantee he is pissed about the number of touches he has seen this year. The problem is systemic. Bo is pissed the offense isn't progressing like the D has.

On top of that the NU program is getting hosed by the Big XII. Maybe the media will also begin to comment on Watson and the inability to have a consistent (scoring 28 pts a game) offense at the same time they comment on the shady BigXII, Beebe, the penalties, the officials.

I bet the off-season will be full of action!

If Bo was yelling at the refs as a ploy to get national attention about the quality and/or fairness of the officiating in our games, was he also yelling at Martinez to get national attention to what, drop him from the team? No, no way he throws him under the bus and then gets in the bus and drives back and forth over him.

I do agree there is some benefit that we might get a closer look, but most of what I see in the national media is "Bo loses control" not "Huskers get shafted". Maybe a calm Bo + poor officiating this game changes that, but I doubt it.

So I am talking to my brother(a coach) and he was suggesting that Bo actions might have been on purpose and that he was trying to get national attention. the idea is if everyone notices what has happened so far then if we would happened then the media would be sitting and waiting to jump on any little discrepancy in the big 12 title game. while I doubt Bo did this on purpose, I do think that this will actually be a beneficial side effect. i think if we see a 16-2 again tomorrow or on the 4th AND Bo is able to keep his cool the national media will go off.

If so; Can you imagine the backslapping, belley laughing, beer drinking get together on Sunday night with Bo and Carl! Now that's a pretty cool image. Couple of 'ol Boys gaming the system.....

GBR