The Truth Behind The Taylor Quitting Stories

I really could care less on what transpired last Sunday. He did. He didn't. Whatever.

What I do care about however, is this kid's demeanor on the sideline today. Yeah, he may not have friends or what not but you can at least move your butt off the heater to interact with YOUR TEAMMATES. The kid was a stone. Didn't go over to meet witht the offense when they would come off the field. No celebrating with players. It was frustrating to watch.

Another thing. Something that helps all young QBs is being involved in the process of calling plays and seeing what is actually going on in the game. You know seeing defenses and thinking what you may do in given situations. But nope, just chilled in front of the heater. I didn't know two bumb feet keep you immune from toting a headset or help signal in plays.

This "attitude" that keeps getting thrown out by various sources is starting to become clearer in my eyes. I cannot blame other players for not liking him, another thing that has been thrown around a lot. ACT LIKE YOU CARE TAYLOR.

Finally, Taylor was the last Husker off the field, almost five minutes after every other Husker had left. He was with his parents, I know he doesn't get to see them much, but he can do that afterwards into the evening. GO CELEBRATE WITH YOUR TEAMMATES!!!

Taylor is a phenominal athlete, and he had won me over as a fan with his early performances. But after spending a good chunk of the game watching his demeanor and activity on the sidelines today, I can honestly listen to those with their theories on him and am starting to really care less if he does indeed jump ship.

Thank you for your patience, commence with discussion. :boxosoap:rant

This. It is evident that his attitude sucks. The question is whether his attitude sucks because Bo yelled at him on national TV or whether Bo yelled at him on national TV because his attitude sucks. The fact that he already quit on the team in August (what in God's name could have possibly bugged him so much in August?) and that former players have come out to say he wasn't a team player make me think the latter is true.

I really could care less on what transpired last Sunday. He did. He didn't. Whatever.

What I do care about however, is this kid's demeanor on the sideline today. Yeah, he may not have friends or what not but you can at least move your butt off the heater to interact with YOUR TEAMMATES. The kid was a stone. Didn't go over to meet witht the offense when they would come off the field. No celebrating with players. It was frustrating to watch.

Another thing. Something that helps all young QBs is being involved in the process of calling plays and seeing what is actually going on in the game. You know seeing defenses and thinking what you may do in given situations. But nope, just chilled in front of the heater. I didn't know two bumb feet keep you immune from toting a headset or help signal in plays.

This "attitude" that keeps getting thrown out by various sources is starting to become clearer in my eyes. I cannot blame other players for not liking him, another thing that has been thrown around a lot. ACT LIKE YOU CARE TAYLOR.

Finally, Taylor was the last Husker off the field, almost five minutes after every other Husker had left. He was with his parents, I know he doesn't get to see them much, but he can do that afterwards into the evening. GO CELEBRATE WITH YOUR TEAMMATES!!!

Taylor is a phenominal athlete, and he had won me over as a fan with his early performances. But after spending a good chunk of the game watching his demeanor and activity on the sidelines today, I can honestly listen to those with their theories on him and am starting to really care less if he does indeed jump ship.

Thank you for your patience, commence with discussion. :boxosoap:rant

Said a lot of these same things earlier today. Just doesn't appear to care, it's sad.

Why are we still talking about this crap? Move on folks

We just won the North and will be playing in Arlington next weekend to quite possibly win the Big 12 Championship crown.

As much as I side with you huskerjock, and look forward to this weekend game against the south. The issue I have is that this is a guy who many on this board were singing the praises of, that would lead us to the promised land, and so forth, but he can't even act like he cares his team is in a that big game to decide the north?

Look, I don't think we should be throwing our star QB under the bus because of rumors. His demeanor on the sideline looked poor tonight, but then again, so did Bo's the other night, and we all know the truth about Bo Pelini. I will support Taylor until evidence tells me not to; watching him sit on the sidelines by himself does not prove he's a selfish quitter who's going to leave after the season.

• Fire 1

Also Taylor in an interview said that he is an individual and really doesn't have friends on this team.

That was blatantly obvious today. Taylor just off, by himself, with no one else interacting with him.

Also found it funny that all of our other QBs have headsets on, or are helping signal in plays. But Taylor is just standing off to the side, doing nothing to help.

Damn you Willie, ya got yours in while I was typing mine. Good to see another set of eyes saw his actions today

I ended up in a non-argument argument about this at the end of the game. I noticed how he was just sitting or standing there, not talking to anyone, not going over to tell any of the players "good job" when they did good things (nothing to Rex? What about Green? Green did two of the best things I've ever seen him do today and totally deserved some attaboys).

But when thinking and talking about his sideline demeanor, let's be sure to temper our perceptions of that with the fact that we only see him for a few seconds at a time through out 3-4 hours of game. The producers know the rumors and they are trying to tell the story as they see it; they look for moments that confirm that narrative-- Bo pacing on the sideline, Ref making a call let's look at bo!; the player who was rumored to be leaving is sitting alone! Get a shot of that! etc.

That being said, and assuming that what we saw was representative of *anything*-- it did look like he'd already mentally left the team when he was on the sideline. At the end of the game when all of the players were celebrating and chatting with one another, he was talking to a Buff... not in itself a big deal, but we never saw him on the sideline talking to the rest of the O after a big series. I saw that and said, "I think he's going to leave." I was accused of buying into the rumor mill, and maybe to some extent i was because I don't really think about people wanting to *not* be a Husker :) But, you know, he looked distant and checked out.

I have heard from people who've been invited to sit in TO's box during games that he does not react, he doesn't talk to anyone, you just shut up and let him watch the game (I know someone who turned down an invite because of that! Wow... to be invited and to feel like you could turn down the invite...). Maybe Martinez is the same way. Maybe he wanted to watch, learn, etc.

So, what I'm saying is that maybe he has mentally cleaned out his locker, maybe we didn't get a representative view of what was really going on on the side line (seems likely), or maybe he was very focused to see how some of the other players play under center. Who knows? I just won't be jaw-droppingly surprised if, when the season's over, we find out that he's transferred. I don't *expect* it, but that doesn't mean it's unexpected.

I sure hope he isn't leaving.

I love questions like the OPs. If I said yes, here's exactly what happened, I know somebody on the team or in his family or whatever, would you believe me? Why?

Anyway, I would definitely expect the guy who played the most at QB to have a headset on and to be talking to Green about what he saw every time the offense came off. Disappointing.

Re: next year, let's not get carried away with Carnes or any incoming QB recruit. We've had a lot of hyped QB recruits, and the only one of them that has really met expectations in the last few years is ... Martinez. Not including Ganz and Z. Taylor since they weren't hyped up.

Here is my 2 cents....

If some of the rumors are true.. he quit the team in august.. quit the team last sunday.

Doesnt get along with any teammates and lets daddy do all his talking then i dont want him on this team. Dont care how talented he is, thats a loser mentality and he wont take us to the promise land...

BUUUUUUT.. we dont know if these rumors are true.. so why dont we hold off on our opinion of the kid till we get more. I would love to sit down and interview him and see how he truly is. It can be hard going that far from home, who knows he might be homesick.

That proves Niles isn't a leader too. Kick them both off the team!!

If you want the truth, Niles is a arrogant POS as well.

He can take his 'posse' or whatever he refers to his large group of 'friends' as and leave Lincoln as quickly as he wants too.

You think so? I've talked once or twice with Paul on campus and he's always come off as friendly. He doesn't strike me as arrogant, just confident.

But when thinking and talking about his sideline demeanor, let's be sure to temper our perceptions of that with the fact that we only see him for a few seconds at a time through out 3-4 hours of game. The producers know the rumors and they are trying to tell the story as they see it; they look for moments that confirm that narrative-- Bo pacing on the sideline, Ref making a call let's look at bo!; the player who was rumored to be leaving is sitting alone! Get a shot of that! etc.

So, what I'm saying is that maybe he has mentally cleaned out his locker, maybe we didn't get a representative view of what was really going on on the side line (seems likely), or maybe he was very focused to see how some of the other players play under center. Who knows? I just won't be jaw-droppingly surprised if, when the season's over, we find out that he's transferred. I don't *expect* it, but that doesn't mean it's unexpected.

I sure hope he isn't leaving.

First bolded part I was at the game 17 rows up behind the Husker bench, this happened the whole game.

Second bolded part, it had to be hard for him to do that with the rest of the players blocking his view of the field from in front of the heater.

Just sayin looked a lot like not really giving a hoot.