The Truth Behind The Taylor Quitting Stories

I remember when I got on here after the Western Kentucky game telling a story of how a friend of mine lived on the same floor with Martinez and said he was disrespectful and arrogant, telling walk-ons that they didn't even belong on the team. Man did I get ripped for that. The rumors of him wanting to quit the team last summer were true. Coaches haven't liked his attitude from the beginning. He's imo a great player who could turn out to be the best at Nebraska, and I really respect what he did for his dad and family, but he's a jerk of a person.

I wonder if Tommie Frazier was this arrogant as a Freshman. Oh yeah HE WAS. I remember hearing a story from one of my wife's friends when she was in Lincoln and a guy was hitting on her. After she rejected him and walked away, he said "don't you know who I am? I am Tommie Frazier!" True story. I also do not remember Tommie being a team player when he had his blood clot issues...

I do hope this nonsense about Taylor are just rumors. Why on earth would he quit the team? I don't think he would be a starter with another team with as much backing talent for him. If he is even considering quitting the team, I wish he would do it now.

I remember when I got on here after the Western Kentucky game telling a story of how a friend of mine lived on the same floor with Martinez and said he was disrespectful and arrogant, telling walk-ons that they didn't even belong on the team. Man did I get ripped for that. The rumors of him wanting to quit the team last summer were true. Coaches haven't liked his attitude from the beginning. He's imo a great player who could turn out to be the best at Nebraska, and I really respect what he did for his dad and family, but he's a jerk of a person.

I wonder if Tommie Frazier was this arrogant as a Freshman. Oh yeah HE WAS. I remember hearing a story from one of my wife's friends when she was in Lincoln and a guy was hitting on her. After she rejected him and walked away, he said "don't you know who I am? I am Tommie Frazier!" True story. I also do not remember Tommie being a team player when he had his blood clot issues...

I do hope this nonsense about Taylor are just rumors. Why on earth would he quit the team? I don't think he would be a starter with another team with as much backing talent for him. If he is even considering quitting the team, I wish he would do it now.

Frost & Crouch weren't very popular either. But the internet hadn't bloomed yet and 10,000 people a day couldn't crucify them yet. They'll never know how lucky they were.

The thing that has been stated above which is most important is RESPECT. Other players may not like you, but if they RESPECT you they will follow. Unfortunately, I think this is the big problem with Taylor. He is gifted, players understand how talented he is, but I don't think the RESPECT is there yet. Now, I think it's possible for it to come yet, but I would think Taylor will have to mature some before it does.

P.S. Chick dissing Tommie Frazier no big surprise. Women have standards and dude has never been good looking.

• Fire 1

Some thoughts after reading this whole thread thoroughly (Gal darn it, is my Bio class boring!!)

*Taylor's dad need to STFU and back off. His kid is 19 years old now. Same age as me. And I'm not afraid to let me dad know if I disagree with him. Causes strife occasionally, but comes with the territory of being my own man. I get the feeling Taylor's dad is one of those hyper controlling ones who have personally overseen their kid's entire grooming as an athlete, and can't ever let go, still trying to run the show even when it's clearly time for the kid to do it on his own. Generally I think those types of dads come off as mega douches, and if Taylor is afraid to stand up to his dad, I feel very bad for him... that is a :facepalm: situation.

*I would say I'm a big fan of Taylor's appearance on the surface, a quiet kid who just gets the job done and isn't too social... I can be like that sometimes, so I can identify. But, surface appearance may not be true. The rumors about ego are starting to be too numerous to be ignored, and IF he really ripped on Cody Green when he went into the game, I lost a lot of respect for Taylor. That's seriously weak. I've ripped on Cody's butterfingers as much as anybody... His butterfingers fumbles are as hilarious to watch as they are frustrating, and their unbelievability has made his career thusfar into a blooper reel of sorts... but he tries his best. He's a damn good kid, and I for one admire the way he's dealt with being demoted to third string after being Wats' hand-picked QB, Mr. Five Star, and being dubbed the next NU Golden boy by half the state before he eve stepped on campus. Whether Cody ever starts or not, I will cheer for him whenever he steps onto the field. If Taylor bagged on him to Bo's face, he got what he deserved. That'd be an ass hat move.

*I definitely agree with Husker_X's last sentence. If Taylor leaves, it was for the best for both parties. I always think that way about anyone transferring or leaving a team. If it ain't gonna work out and the writing is on the wall, move on and focus on working with what you got.

*The NU QB situation is very fluid and exciting at this point. There's Jamal and possibly Bubba coming in next year (I'm hoping more and more Starling comes but thinking more and more he won't... was it Kiper (???... Can't... remember...) who said that he was the most impressive player he'd seen in high school, even besting Adrian Peterson? That's some dang high praise. Then there's Carnes. Contrary to what a poster said early about him never starting, everything I've heard has been 100% positive about the kid and him possibly pushing to start next year. Cody Green is momentum from his best game ever. And Taylor, if he can swallow his pride and put a sock in his dad, is one heck of a talent. Beyond that, we have Ron Kellogg III, a kid who is improving, and poor ol' Kody Spano, with two blown knees. Injuries have probably made that kid into the next Beau Davis.

*Props to C N Red, who posted before me, made me laugh by calling Frazier on his looks. Ouch.

Ya i know what you mean. I'm a student in Lincoln now and have met a few of the players a couple times and they're real chill. I was watching the game with my friend who lived with T Mart yesterday. I asked him about him again and he didn't say much other than the walk-on story and that he was just an a-hole to everybody. He also said that Eric Martin was about as smart as a box of rocks and that he thought cohabitation meant masturbation, and that he didn't know what a cinder block was! For anybody who knows, are the rumors about Carnes pushing for the job next year true? I honestly didn't think he'd ever see the field.

The bolded part is spot on. I heard a story about Eric Martin signing a poster for some benefit in Lincoln; he used a black sharpie. Some of you may not get why that is a justification for me saying is isn't the brightest bulb, but he signed the poster on the black border around the poster and didn't understand why it was a big deal.

TMart is his biggest fan. TMart likes TMart.

To answer your question, I have heard great things about Carnes. His teammates say he is like a Michael Vick. Which is very high praise.

Ya i know what you mean. I'm a student in Lincoln now and have met a few of the players a couple times and they're real chill. I was watching the game with my friend who lived with T Mart yesterday. I asked him about him again and he didn't say much other than the walk-on story and that he was just an a-hole to everybody. He also said that Eric Martin was about as smart as a box of rocks and that he thought cohabitation meant masturbation, and that he didn't know what a cinder block was! For anybody who knows, are the rumors about Carnes pushing for the job next year true? I honestly didn't think he'd ever see the field.

The bolded part is spot on. I heard a story about Eric Martin signing a poster for some benefit in Lincoln; he used a black sharpie. Some of you may not get why that is a justification for me saying is isn't the brightest bulb, but he signed the poster on the black border around the poster and didn't understand why it was a big deal.

To answer your question, I have heard great things about Carnes. His teammates say he is like a Michael Vick. Which is very high praise.

Who cares if Martin isn't the brightest? A good friend who lived on Prince's floor last year said he was a really nice guy, but not exactly the sharpest crayon in the box. I think we would all agree Prince is doing alright for himself.

Who cares if Martin isn't the brightest? A good friend who lived on Prince's floor last year said he was a really nice guy, but not exactly the sharpest crayon in the box. I think we would all agree Prince is doing alright for himself.

lets just call them 'football' smart

the kid is a "prima-dona" nobody likes him better than himself. Which for QB's is not always a bad thing.

The problem with him texting or calling his dad at halftime at A-M is that is illegal! Bo was pissed because this is a violation. Plain and simple!

The NCAA is very very careful with players or coaches having any outside contact once the game starts! Vegas does set a "halftime" line on games. They want nothing to do with a player contacting anyone and I mean anyone at halftime!

i think he acts like a 5 year old but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. He has always acted "disconnected" with things on the sideline and his teammates!

I do hope he stays and I think he will.

So does this mean that Eric absolutely aced the geology class better known as "rocks for jocks"? Makes sense right