The Truth Behind The Taylor Quitting Stories

I haven't put a lot of stock into the rumors so far, but I did think he looked out of it today. Personally, I prefer a more vocal, charismatic type of leader. He isn't trying to lead at all. The team doesn't need someone who "leads by example" How is it going to help the team come together to watch him bust of 80 yd TD's and wander off on his own? Points are nice, but what makes the team fun to watch is the way they work together.

If you want to watch a bunch of cocky prima donnas watch UT, USC, or Oregon.

I haven't completely given up on the kid yet, but usually where there's smoke, there's fire. I hope it's not true, or that he snaps out of it and goes down as a Husker great, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him go after the season is over.

I actually heard something completely different... My brother in law is a grad student prof on east campus and one of his students was a former player and involved with the equipment staff... He advised that the interaction between t mart and Bo was about t mart learning that Cody green was going into the game and t mart actually made some very inappropriate comments about him and his abilities... I very rarely have "inside" sources.... But I trust this one for what it's worth...

I actually heard something completely different... My brother in law is a grad student prof on east campus and one of his students was a former player and involved with the equipment staff... He advised that the interaction between t mart and Bo was about t mart learning that Cody green was going into the game and t mart actually made some very inappropriate comments about him and his abilities... I very rarely have "inside" sources.... But I trust this one for what it's worth...

That rumor actually makes perfect sense. I can definitely see that being what happened and if so I actually applaud Bo's well publicized reaction. I'm a big Taylor fan and really hope this is all just a much needed learning experience for him. I trust Bo and know that whatever he does is in the best interest of the team.

I'd like to add to my last post. If Martinez is truly unpopular around the team, then why would he suddenly start interacting with his teammates? If they don't like him, he' not going to start a conversation and high-five them when they do well. It'd just be weird.

Good point.

--

I think we should divide up 'rumor/speculation' and 'opinion.' I think people closer to the program who have a much better feel about him and his role/impact on the program than most fans with their highlight videos, simply do know more about the situation. However, their opinion is still just that. For example, maybe Niles is an arrogant POS who needs to get his butt out of Lincoln...or maybe he's alright, and probably plenty of people around the program would have different opinions.

One thing to want to disagree with these opinions, but another to dismiss them as speculation however.

We've just been hearing so much of this ish about Taylor even since his recruitment that I'm inclined to believe it, or at least seriously acknowledge that possibility. But still, he could be a really special player and I think that's what we all hope for out of him, or anyone on the team.

Well from my standpoint if the rumors are true and they come out to be true, Taylor can hit the road. We don't need someone like that on the team, they turn into a cancer and destroy the fragile chemistry of a team.

If they aren't true, then the kids just getting a bad wrap for doing his own thing and responding to stressful situations the way he is. None of will never know unless we read the headlines, "Martinez to transfer, cites differences as reason."

Martinez showed very little emotion even when scoring on an 80 yd touchdown run. I believe it is just his demeanor. I am also sure it is difficult for him or anyone to deal with the spotlight, the pressure, and balancing the rest of his responsibilities while being so far away from his family. Tons of kids drop out of school for those reasons and they are not expected to score a touchdown everytime they touch a ball because Husker fans have way too high of expectations.

It would make no sense at all to have martinez with a headset if he had no chance of playing in the game vs Lee or kellogg. They can't have every player wear a headset, the sideline would be chaos. After last week it was probably a very good mental break to be on the sideline and just chill.

If he quits he quits that is up to him. It is just college football and he has to do what is best for him.

I agree that Martinez could be a great player, but he needs a reality check and throttle down a bit. He needs to learn that a QB that is a team player will be a hell of a lot better then one who isn't. A QB is usually the team captain, how can one be if not a team player?

Why start now being interactive? It is never to late to start. If the individual thing isn't a rumor, then an apology would help ease the uncomfortness.

Either way, I think he could be great if he realizes that his support towards the team is the way to go.

we didn't start hearing these rumors untill he was injured. The only thing I could find even close to confirming them was the Dillard quote in the sipple aritcle from thursday. I am slightly concerned about the rumors, but I'm not losing any sleep over them. Taylor does need to mature but he is a 19/20 year old kid what kid at that age doesn't have a little growing up to do.

For someone who does not like to be in the spotlight he sure has a way of making it there. As a Packer fan I used to think a lot of Favre but we've all seen his integrity stripped away. Unlike TMart, Favre likes to hear himself speak. Between receivers and qb's it gets old. Drama queens!!! TMart likes to text that he is a dick. Favre send pics of his!!! :hellloooo

I find this interesting. Wasn't just recently that former Husker Phillip Dillard said that he knew Taylor Martinez to be arrogant and disrespectful last year when working with the scout team. That is why it wad difficult to place him in a position because he was never dedicated to playing a role on the team.

I remember when I got on here after the Western Kentucky game telling a story of how a friend of mine lived on the same floor with Martinez and said he was disrespectful and arrogant, telling walk-ons that they didn't even belong on the team. Man did I get ripped for that. The rumors of him wanting to quit the team last summer were true. Coaches haven't liked his attitude from the beginning. He's imo a great player who could turn out to be the best at Nebraska, and I really respect what he did for his dad and family, but he's a jerk of a person.

I remember when I got on here after the Western Kentucky game telling a story of how a friend of mine lived on the same floor with Martinez and said he was disrespectful and arrogant, telling walk-ons that they didn't even belong on the team. Man did I get ripped for that. The rumors of him wanting to quit the team last summer were true. Coaches haven't liked his attitude from the beginning. He's imo a great player who could turn out to be the best at Nebraska, and I really respect what he did for his dad and family, but he's a jerk of a person.

If you cannot get and maintain the respect from his teammates, might as well leave.

Having said that, let see what happens with another year under his belt(if he stays that is)