The Truth Behind The Taylor Quitting Stories

Here is my 2 cents....

If some of the rumors are true.. he quit the team in august.. quit the team last sunday.

Doesnt get along with any teammates and lets daddy do all his talking then i dont want him on this team. Dont care how talented he is, thats a loser mentality and he wont take us to the promise land...

BUUUUUUT.. we dont know if these rumors are true.. so why dont we hold off on our opinion of the kid till we get more. I would love to sit down and interview him and see how he truly is. It can be hard going that far from home, who knows he might be homesick.

Seriously. I'd like someone to take a class with him and just start badgering him with questions, trying to figure out his personality. At least we'd know the truth, sort of.

Here is my 2 cents....

If some of the rumors are true.. he quit the team in august.. quit the team last sunday.

Doesnt get along with any teammates and lets daddy do all his talking then i dont want him on this team. Dont care how talented he is, thats a loser mentality and he wont take us to the promise land...

BUUUUUUT.. we dont know if these rumors are true.. so why dont we hold off on our opinion of the kid till we get more. I would love to sit down and interview him and see how he truly is. It can be hard going that far from home, who knows he might be homesick.

Seriously. I'd like someone to take a class with him and just start badgering him with questions, trying to figure out his personality. At least we'd know the truth, sort of.

I know people who have taken/currently taking class with him and a few of his professors. He is a quiet kid who seems sort of shy somewhat. I know a few non-football athletes who seem to like him, he isnt fully hated.

He is what he is.

This is sort of a crazy thread with a lot of speculation. If the dude can play and is not getting into trouble, then cut him a break. If he was stirring trouble, I think Bo would have a short leash (i.e. last game). If Bo wanted him on a headset, I think he would be on a headset. I have enjoyed watching TMart this year. I don't get too high on the highs or too low on the lows...this is his first full season of game action and I like our offense much better when he is in there to run it. Lee and Green have been model teammates but this offense is going with the style of TMart, Carnes, and Turner into the future!

:zoom :zoom :zoom

Here is my 2 cents....

I know people who have taken/currently taking class with him and a few of his professors. He is a quiet kid who seems sort of shy somewhat. I know a few non-football athletes who seem to like him, he isnt fully hated.

He is what he is.

That's the thing. He's probably arrogant, but some of this hate in the locker room could come from jealousy. For one, Watson always praises the kid and nobody else.

But when thinking and talking about his sideline demeanor, let's be sure to temper our perceptions of that with the fact that we only see him for a few seconds at a time through out 3-4 hours of game. The producers know the rumors and they are trying to tell the story as they see it; they look for moments that confirm that narrative-- Bo pacing on the sideline, Ref making a call let's look at bo!; the player who was rumored to be leaving is sitting alone! Get a shot of that! etc.

So, what I'm saying is that maybe he has mentally cleaned out his locker, maybe we didn't get a representative view of what was really going on on the side line (seems likely), or maybe he was very focused to see how some of the other players play under center. Who knows? I just won't be jaw-droppingly surprised if, when the season's over, we find out that he's transferred. I don't *expect* it, but that doesn't mean it's unexpected.

I sure hope he isn't leaving.

First bolded part I was at the game 17 rows up behind the Husker bench, this happened the whole game.

Second bolded part, it had to be hard for him to do that with the rest of the players blocking his view of the field from in front of the heater.

Just sayin looked a lot like not really giving a hoot.

I will definitely acquiesce to your eye-witness account of those things :) He could also have been royally bummed that he couldn't play, but if he couldn't work through that to cheer his team on, then that's a different mental component he might need to work on.

Obviously ™ is VERY good and it would be an awful thing to lose him. But I think I'd rather have a coach who handled players in a way that let them know that it's the coach who is in charge of the team (as long as they seem to value input).

Also Taylor in an interview said that he is an individual and really doesn't have friends on this team.

That was blatantly obvious today. Taylor just off, by himself, with no one else interacting with him.

Also found it funny that all of our other QBs have headsets on, or are helping signal in plays. But Taylor is just standing off to the side, doing nothing to help.

My wife even caught on to that.

Strange deal going on if you ask me.

Here is my 2 cents....

He is what he is.

That's the thing. He's probably arrogant, but some of this hate in the locker room could come from jealousy. For one, Watson always praises the kid and nobody else.

I'd probably kiss the ass of the one kid that can make his offense not look like crap if I were in his position too.

Well....not to stir the pot b/c neither my dad nor I can confirm this as being true...but my dad knows a certain players father on the Husker team. I don't know the players name..once again..this could be hearsay and totally misinterpreted...but I guess Taylor's dad, Casey, is quite vocal with his son's role on the team. I guess before the season started, Casey spoke to Bo and told him that if Taylor isn't the starting qb at Nebraska, that he would pull his kid from the team. And then the reaction Bo gave him was something along the lines of..."we'll get the papers and send him on his way." And supposedly Casey backed down....sooo....I thought that was quite interesting...but I wouldn't put it past Bo being how black and white he seems to be. BUT ONCE AGAIN...this is all a story I heard from my dad who knows a guy who happens to have a son playing for the Huskers...just thought this story was a bit interesting....I don't really have many hard facts to back this up tho...sorry.

1. Taylor did quit the team in August. Nobody has concrete information about this last weekend, however.

2. If Taylor's character issues are true, don't assume that the way he conducts himself on the sidelines and the field are indicative of that. They could be, they might be, they might not be.

When I was in high school I acted very much the same way, I was nearly always entirely silent, never showed any emotion, never complained, just played my game and tried to be respectful to everyone and lead by example. Whether we were up big or getting our tails kicked, I was entirely stoic and my demeanor never changed. Now I try not to be prideful, but anyone that reads my posts on here would probably agree that I'm a decent enough and respectful person, or at least attempt to be.

Well....not to stir the pot b/c neither my dad nor I can confirm this as being true...but my dad knows a certain players father on the Husker team. I don't know the players name..once again..this could be hearsay and totally misinterpreted...but I guess Taylor's dad, Casey, is quite vocal with his son's role on the team. I guess before the season started, Casey spoke to Bo and told him that if Taylor isn't the starting qb at Nebraska, that he would pull his kid from the team. And then the reaction Bo gave him was something along the lines of..."we'll get the papers and send him on his way." And supposedly Casey backed down....sooo....I thought that was quite interesting...but I wouldn't put it past Bo being how black and white he seems to be. BUT ONCE AGAIN...this is all a story I heard from my dad who knows a guy who happens to have a son playing for the Huskers...just thought this story was a bit interesting....I don't really have many hard facts to back this up tho...sorry.

I heard that Casey sent an email to Bo basically saying why it was wrong to pull his son and what not. Again, rumors.. but if its true thats sad.

Taylors dad needs to let taylor control his own stuff.

I heard that Casey sent an email to Bo basically saying why it was wrong to pull his son and what not. Again, rumors.. but if its true thats sad.

Taylors dad needs to let taylor control his own stuff.

If that's true it's kinda alarming since Bo commented about pulling Taylor and said it was a mistake.

wThanks guys for all the info....i know 90% of all this probably fiction or exaggeration I just was not sure....my buddy is a sports journalist for High School sports here in SoCal and he tried to interveiw him when he played in the Title game here and apparently Taylor was just an absolute dick.

I really blame my self for this whole situation every single football team i love has had quarterback problems this year....high school...to Nebraska....to the NFL (Titans fan). I apologize for ruining our future at the quarterback position. :bang