New Offensive Coordinator? Who would it be?

ladyhawke

I think there are a lot of offensive coordinators, from teams who aren't even ranked or in the national spotlight like Nebraska is who could and would do a much better job than our current one does. That's how overrated the guy is. (at least with some people from HI and here) I think he can thank his lucky stars for Joe Ganz in 2008 also. It's gonna take another great quarterback imo to make him look halfway good. It's not just playcalling that makes me feel this way either.

NCF_101110_XO_HolgorsenV2.jpg

My wish: Dana Holgorsen

Chow would be a terrible choice IMO. We already started going towards the zone read/oregon O so I see no reason why they would hire a guy that has been a pro style/west cost coordinator for what I know, his entire career. I would also really like to have Frost come back at the very least to replace Gilmore.

If Shawn Watson were to get the boot who would you predict would take his place? My husband and I were wondering about that and he wondered how Scott Frost would do in that position. Scott is at Oregon right now. Would he be a valid candidate?

-ladyhawke~

Gary Crowton from LSU. He has an excellent track record, has worked with Bo before, and it's a well-known fact in Baton Rouge that he and Les Miles don't see eye-to-eye.

It is funny that the day after our offensive coordinator calls a damn near perfect football game a thread like this sprouts up. But since I opened it I will say this; if we promote from within there is no doubt that it will be Tim Beck. NU will not open up the pocket book for a top tier guy and that I guarantee. So that eliminates Norm Chow. Damon Benning? In the words of Jim Mora "You kiddin' me?" If we handed the reins off to a guy who has never coached a down of college football in his life I will be very unhappy. Scott Frost, I think he needs a few more years as an offensive assistant before he is even mentioned as a candidate. This is like his second year at Oregon. Before that he was at Northern Iowa coaching DEFENSE. Jeff Sims I can see on the staff at some point in time. Whether that is as an OC or a RB coach or a WR coach I think he will be on the staff sooner or later.

But let's not kid anyone here. Not a single staff member will be forced out at the end of the year fellas. If Watson leaves, it will be by his own choice.

It is funny that the day after our offensive coordinator calls a damn near perfect football game a thread like this sprouts up. But since I opened it I will say this; if we promote from within there is no doubt that it will be Tim Beck. NU will not open up the pocket book for a top tier guy and that I guarantee. So that eliminates Norm Chow. Damon Benning? In the words of Jim Mora "You kiddin' me?" If we handed the reins off to a guy who has never coached a down of college football in his life I will be very unhappy. Scott Frost, I think he needs a few more years as an offensive assistant before he is even mentioned as a candidate. This is like his second year at Oregon. Before that he was at Northern Iowa coaching DEFENSE. Jeff Sims I can see on the staff at some point in time. Whether that is as an OC or a RB coach or a WR coach I think he will be on the staff sooner or later.

But let's not kid anyone here. Not a single staff member will be forced out at the end of the year fellas. If Watson leaves, it will be by his own choice.

I guess "perfect" is in the eye of the beholder.

If Shawn Watson were to get the boot who would you predict would take his place? My husband and I were wondering about that and he wondered how Scott Frost would do in that position. Scott is at Oregon right now. Would he be a valid candidate?

-ladyhawke~

Gary Crowton from LSU. He has an excellent track record, has worked with Bo before, and it's a well-known fact in Baton Rouge that he and Les Miles don't see eye-to-eye.

Les Miles and LSU fans don't see eye to eye, which is why some say he might go to Colorado. I doubt it though, Colorado can't afford Les Miles right now.

I guess "perfect" is in the eye of the beholder.

You are right. More creativity in the offense is needed.

If NU does ever hire from outside the program to fill that position, I have heard multiple whispers of this guy maybe given a shot. This was a guy that Bo wanted on the staff in some capacity from the beginning.

Greg Studrawa

I'm not changing in my support of Wats, but IF he is replaced this guy has the kind of track record we need to look for.

Agree completely with the entire statement Kansas Husker.