New Offensive Coordinator? Who would it be?

ladyhawke

Lsu would love this!! They hate chowder

for some strange reason this sounds similar, dispite sucess a fan base dislikes its OC. It might becuase any body who can pick up an xbox controller and throw for 1000 yards thinks they know the job of the OC better than the people who actually make the decisions.

Really? I'd wager that no top-25 program has been held to fewer points against top-25 defenses than Nebraska has under Watson. Dude smashes face against crappy teams, no doubt. Sadly, we fold like a lawn chair against even remotely threatening defenses. How do you not score an offensive touchdown in four games against top-25 defenses in a two-year span?

Bryan Harsin OC Boise State.

or

Dan Hawkins.

Dan Hawkins?

Needs a job, has strong ties to Cali recruiting, an established OC, and he could be bring the fire to the offense.

Side note: As I sit here and watch the LSU-Ark game, I believe the one thing we are missing on offense is attitude. I know Paul says we have "swagger," but these two teams are playing with an extreme level of passion.

Bryan Harsin OC Boise State.

or

Dan Hawkins.

Dan Hawkins?

Needs a job, has strong ties to Cali recruiting, an established OC, and he could be bring the fire to the offense.

Side note: As I sit here and watch the LSU-Ark game, I believe the one thing we are missing on offense is attitude. I know Paul says we have "swagger," but these two teams are playing with an extreme level of passion.

No offense to your opinion, but I think Dan Hawkins is the last person we would even consider.

If Shawn Watson were to get the boot who would you predict would take his place? My husband and I were wondering about that and he wondered how Scott Frost would do in that position. Scott is at Oregon right now. Would he be a valid candidate?

-ladyhawke~

Gary Crowton from LSU. He has an excellent track record, has worked with Bo before, and it's a well-known fact in Baton Rouge that he and Les Miles don't see eye-to-eye.

Les Miles and LSU fans don't see eye to eye, which is why some say he might go to Colorado. I doubt it though, Colorado can't afford Les Miles right now.

Michigan might try to get him though...

This is a ridiculous conversation. We have games to play yet this season. Watson is our guy. I think he prepared very well for yesterday's game and came up with a great game plan.

I like the idea of bringing in some guys from LSU, but hasn't LSU had a relatively anemic offense this year? For awhile, they were ranked dead last in passing. Part of that can likely be explained by the quality SEC defenses they see, but goddamn they were awful for awhile.

That's the whole problem. LSU has tons of talent and weapons, but for some reason they don't score a lot. Most people think it's because Les Miles overrides Crowton's play-calling.

for some strange reason this sounds similar, dispite sucess a fan base dislikes its OC. It might becuase any body who can pick up an xbox controller and throw for 1000 yards thinks they know the job of the OC better than the people who actually make the decisions.

Really? I'd wager that no top-25 program has been held to fewer points against top-25 defenses than Nebraska has under Watson. Dude smashes face against crappy teams, no doubt. Sadly, we fold like a lawn chair against even remotely threatening defenses. How do you not score an offensive touchdown in four games against top-25 defenses in a two-year span?

Mizzou was a top 10 team when we beat them and we ran all over them, believe it or not after the game people actually said that Helu didn't run enough. Okie state was also a top 10 team and we put up more points on them than anybody else this year. More points than A&M, more points than Texas Tech, name anybody that played them and the only offnese to put up over 40 was the offnese coached by Watson that put up 51. So yes that is success when you do thing offensively that other teams could not do than that is success. On another point do you know how many teams have put up more than 30 on Mizzou this year. hint: its one and it was a Watson coached offnese.

ABC

anyone but Cotton.....

i agree that some of these names are funking weak... we are becoming very relevant why not go after someone who wants to be here has the rep can recruit and can see eye to eye with bo..... i know it sounds like a lot but really when you think of it there are a ton of good guys out there.....

the main thing is a guy who is established.. not ready for any on the job learning guy..... we dont need to take a further step back at this point

I think your on to something, there was a sizeable contingent that wanted Osborne fired. But my opinion is watson probably should go, or at the very least Cotton. Why not Ron Brown as OC?

2009 can hardly be used for relevant statistics, we purposefully put ourselves in positions where we wouldn't score a lot. It wasn't like we were trying and sucking at it, we just decided not to even try. However, if you look at 2008 and 2010 (I won't bother researching to see if all of these defenses were top 25 or not, but instead will just say that they were pretty damn decent) ...

Virginia Tech - 30 points

Missouri - 17 points

Texas Tech - 31 points

Oklahoma - 28 points

Clemson - 26 points

Texas - 13

Oklahoma State - 51

Missouri - 31

A&M - 6

I was going to include Arizona, but figured that wouldn't be fair if the rest of '09 was an aberration. Watson has had trouble against some top defenses, but who doesn't? Considering the circumstances of 2009, we still don't have enough information to decide whether or not this is going to forever be a staple of a Watson offense.

If Shawn Watson were to get the boot who would you predict would take his place? My husband and I were wondering about that and he wondered how Scott Frost would do in that position. Scott is at Oregon right now. Would he be a valid candidate?

-ladyhawke~

Gary Crowton from LSU. He has an excellent track record, has worked with Bo before, and it's a well-known fact in Baton Rouge that he and Les Miles don't see eye-to-eye.

Les Miles and LSU fans don't see eye to eye, which is why some say he might go to Colorado. I doubt it though, Colorado can't afford Les Miles right now.

I think that Watson should be encouraged to go after the Colorado job.

After he's gone we could possably look at Dan Hawkins. He probably wouldn't stay for more than 3/4 years but he does need to rebuild his rep.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

Ok now show the other teams scores. If I remember Nebraska was never in the missou game in 2008 and Nebraska offense helped Oklahoma in 2008 take 35 point lead in the first quarter.

Stats and scores are meaningless especially when made in garbage time.

I'll say it again Callahan problem was not just the defense but his offenses ability to move the ball against any defense that had a pulse.

I think he can thank his lucky stars for Joe Ganz in 2008 also.

Or maybe Joe should thank Watson (and Callahan) for developing a great offense for Joe to be plugged into and have success.

Actually Joe can thank Sam Keller for getting hurt and letting the guy who really should have been our starter all along get his opportunity maybe?